PDA

View Full Version : Is Anybody Else

getonbckthr
10-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I Dont Wanna Say Nervous, But Having Butterflies Right Now. I'm Sitting Here All Day, Since I Was Off Work Today, With An Uneasy Feeling. I Don't Know.

kninchicago
10-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Nope! We don't win tonight, we'll win tomorrow. I am confident in this team.

Hokiesox
10-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, we can play 2 games under .500 the rest of the way and still win.

But I don't think it will be necessary <-- in deep pink until something changes.

Post 1,499!

downstairs
10-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Nope! We don't win tonight, we'll win tomorrow. I am confident in this team.

Or the next game. Or the next.

Any of these FOUR options give us a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

soxfanatlanta
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I Dont Wanna Say Nervous, But Having Butterflies Right Now. I'm Sitting Here All Day, Since I Was Off Work Today, With An Uneasy Feeling. I Don't Know.

I took the day off as well - I cannot focus on anything other than the game. My wife has listened patiently to me going over every aspect of the series all day long. I've talked to my dad more times the past week days than any other time since moving from home.

But it's not a dark cloud for me, no. I'ts jitters, man.

"Could they win it all?" - yep
"Should they win it all" - hell yeah!!!

I wanna know what it's like to see my team win the big one after generations of coming up short.

I wanna blast out a cathartic YAWP! When the final out is recorded.

For myself, my dad, my granddad who died many years ago.

Yep, it time.

I'll get off the leather sofa now
:smile:

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.norcalmovies.com/Pollyanna/pollyanna-poster3.jpg

"Please don't tell anyone, but I almost peed my knickers when the World Series trophy was delivered to Minute Maid Park today. Oh my beloved White Sox fans, your day is at hand! I'll see you all at the parade! It will be ever so much jollity! Tee hee hee!"

batmanZoSo
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
As long as the Sox maintain the same attitude, they should whomp Backe. But facing elimination, he won't be allowed to dig himself too big of a hole, so hopefully we can get the big hit when we need it. Looking ahead, I penciled Game 4 as an automatic win, and now Houston is demoralized, so I like our chances tonight.

I can't believe it. All the time we've put into this team--our heart and soul, blood sweat and tears, agony and ecstacy, more agony, countless hours of arguing, bickering, dwelling, watching, listening, cheering, laughing. All the thousands of dollars over the years each individual here has probably spent on tickets and Sox apparel. All the time and money the mods have so generously put into this great website (sincere, no arse-kissing :wink:). All the thinking and sweating and pondering what moves to make or not to make over the years. We've devoted so much of our lives to this silly baseball team and with a win tonight it would all be justified. It's been way to @#$% long, White Sox. You go out there tonight and get us that @#$% @#$% World Series trophy!

doublem23
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Tonight is the night we've all waited for. I'm supremely confident in this team.

We're world champs in T-minus 6 hours.

robiwho
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM

In a word -- YES!

Viva Medias B's
10-26-2005, 06:28 PM
It's only natural to have butterflies. None of us have ever seen this, and we're excited at the prospect of the ultimate prize. All day long at work, fighting fatigue after about 3 hours of sleep last night, I kept thinking about Freddy having to be solid and our batters having to get to Backe. I think we can accomplish this. We've gotten this far, we'll make it all the way.

I am quite confident that we will prevail tonight. Let's not fool around. Win this thing tonight!

chisoxfanatic
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Hell yea, I'm confident in this team to get business done tonight, so no jitters of the bad kind are here. BUT, I have the jitters of the good kind...the kind I had last week Sunday just before winning the AL Pennant. This is a GOOD thing indeed.

And We Sox fans are the most deserving group for this to happen to!

miker
10-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Not so much nervous as anxious...

More like wedding-day anxious than about-to-be-sentenced anxious...

MERPER
10-26-2005, 06:34 PM
I get scared when there is a big game and I don't like facing the pitcher... But it's a weird, awkward, surreal feeling.... A feeling of a Sox fan who has been through so much heartbreak and not even had an ounce of worry all playoffs!!!

This happens to Yankees fans..

I am nervous because I am just not sure how to react when... if... I'll cry, I'll take shots, I'll smoke cigars....

But it will only be the beginning of a celebration that will last a lifetime... We will all remember the summer/playoffs of 2005 for the rest of our lives!!!

The Wall
10-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm confident of a win tonight. The last time we had the option of having to secure one win in four chances to win something, we won all 4 :)

soxwon
10-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Dont sweat it.

I figure the sox will be totally relaxed tonight, no pressure.
And they will take an early commanding lead.
The stro's have all the pressure.
The sox can relax and play their game.
I feel a blow out will occur.
I could be wrong, but im not worried in the least.

ill be at moretti's in edison park
if anyone wants to stop by ill be with my blond wife, and ill be wearing a sox lettermen style jacket.