PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Blackastone Gets It right!!!

So.ILSoxFan
10-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Just now on Around The Horn, I couldn't believe it.

Question, "Kevin, If this is such a great series, why is nobody watching?"

Answer, with no hesitation: "Because, we've been feeding them Yankees-Red Sox!"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sox of White
10-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Just now on Around The Horn, I couldn't believe it.

Question, "Kevin, If this is such a great series, why is nobody watching?"

Answer, with no hesitation: "Because, we've been feeding them Yankees-Red Sox!"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I saw that too. At least someone admits it.

Layla
10-26-2005, 04:15 PM
You beat me to it.

MarySwiss
10-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Amazing!

But I was getting really worried when they were all predicting a sweep tonight. (They all predicted we'd lose yesterday.) Fortunately, one guy said we would not sweep, so we're okay!

Sox of White
10-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Amazing!

But I was getting really worried when they were all predicting a sweep tonight. (They all predicted we'd lose yesterday.) Fortunately, one guy said we would not sweep, so we're okay!

Yeah, I'm never sure if it is good when anyone not on this forum picks the sox to win.

Banix12
10-26-2005, 05:30 PM
I've been so sick of people keep pulling out the TV ratings as proof it is a bad series. It's not proof of a bad series, it's proof that MLB, ESPN, and FOX have done a incredibly poor job of promoting the rest of the league.

batmanZoSo
10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
When does the World Series ever really draw high ratings? Doesn't MNF usually compare or top it?

miker
10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
I've been so sick of people keep pulling out the TV ratings as proof it is a bad series. It's not proof of a bad series, it's proof that MLB, ESPN, and FOX have done a incredibly poor job of promoting the rest of the league.
People keep saying the Cubs are "better" because their park is older and more people go to it.

You gotta love spin...

Banix12
10-26-2005, 05:46 PM
When does the World Series ever really draw high ratings? Doesn't MNF usually compare or top it?

Usually the ratings are never that high in the first few games unless one of the bigger teams are playing, and only a series that goes six or seven really gets huge ratings.

greenpeach
10-26-2005, 05:49 PM

I nominate this for the post-of-the-week. Good job. :wink:

HotelWhiteSox
10-26-2005, 05:51 PM
That was probably one of the best ATH I've seen (but I don't watch a lot), except for that idiot Plaschke, but everyone else gave the deserved props. See, they were right, all it will take is a World Series title...1 more win!

SoxFan76
10-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Tonight will most likely get a high rating since it's a possible clinching/elimination game. (Depending on how you look at it)

Hendu
10-26-2005, 06:06 PM

Very astute point. MLB, ESPN et al better learn from their mistake and realize that the Yankees and Red Sox are not going to be in the Series, let alone the playoffs, every year. They've gotten spoiled and lazy. I don't see either team being dominant forces for the next few years, and it wouldn't be surprising to see Toronto or Baltimore start winning the AL East consistently, while the WC comes from the Central or West.

Is ESPN going to keep forcing that rivalry down our throats when the teams are duking it out for 3rd place in the AL East?

TommyJohn
10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
You know, some of the most revered classics in Hollywood history were box
office bombs, or didn't make all that much money. It doesn't mean that they
weren't great movies.