PDA

View Full Version : Big police presence announced tonight in Chicago

cheeses_h_rice
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
No big surprise... (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-051026soxcops,1,5340901.story?coll=chi-news-hed)

That said, I think that a White Sox celebration is going to be much more localized and sane than the early '90s Bulls ones.

itsnotrequired
10-26-2005, 05:15 PM
That said, I think that a White Sox celebration is going to be much more localized and sane than the early '90s Bulls ones.

I agree 100%.

weisse Socken
10-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't think there will be much in the way of civil disturbance. Not because there won't be celebration, but because we're not those kind of fans.

Deuce
10-26-2005, 05:21 PM
In addition to the police, I'm sure the "local community watch" out in Bridgeport will help keep things nice and calm. :redneck

:sopranos

"Thas right. Ain' nobody gonna riot around he'a."

zach23
10-26-2005, 05:23 PM
No big surprise... (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-051026soxcops,1,5340901.story?coll=chi-news-hed)

I think the police out here in Cranberry Pennsylvania have called in their volunteer officers to contain me tonight. :D:

God I can't wait to fly back home tomorrow afternoon. Somebody do some yelling in Chicago for me until I get back.

Cat Thief
10-26-2005, 05:24 PM
In Bridgeport it was loud but peaceful after the ALCS victory. I doubt there will be any major problems tonight when the Sox win.

Randar68
10-26-2005, 05:25 PM
In addition to the police, I'm sure the "local community watch" out in Bridgeport will help keep things nice and calm. :redneck

I don't live in Bridgeport, but if I see someone doing something stupid, me and the guys I'm going with are gonna put an end to it...

getonbckthr
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't think there will be much in the way of civil disturbance. Not because there won't be celebration, but because we're not those kind of fans.

not to mention there aren't many of us.

maurice
10-26-2005, 05:32 PM
FWIW, the city put up crowd-control barriers (the kind you see at parades) along 35th St. near the park.

I don't live in Bridgeport....

I'm sure you'll fit right in with us locals. :cool:

Cat Thief
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
FWIW, the city put up crowd-control barriers (the kind you see at parades) along 35th St. near the park.

I'm sure you'll fit right in with us locals. :cool:

:?: I don't see those holding up.....How far west from the park do they go?

WSoxFanForever
10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=zach23]I think the police out here in Cranberry Pennsylvania have called in their volunteer officers to contain me tonight. :D:

The entire police force, all three of them, in our small town of Port Edwards, WI already have their cars parked in front of my house, along with their donuts and coffee :) I hear they brought restraints just in case I get too crazy :) I suspect my spouse has told them how much this means to me! :bandance:

Law11
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I think the police out here in Cranberry Pennsylvania have called in their volunteer officers to contain me tonight. :D:

God I can't wait to fly back home tomorrow afternoon. Somebody do some yelling in Chicago for me until I get back.

That was pretty good. I had to laugh at the thought of that.
My company has offices in Cranberry Twshp PA. Been there, done that.
:bandance:

PennStater98r
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM

Why would they need extra police if everyone in Chicago is a Cubs fan? Are the Cubs celebrating finishing out of the cellar tonight or something?

soxfanatlanta
10-26-2005, 06:00 PM

I was in the thick of the Bulls/Trailblazers celebration on Division. Pretty fun until my head got bumped by a car seat from a taxi cab - we left very soon afterwords.

I hope it does not get too out of hand - I don't want the Sox haters (media) to complain about unruley celebrations.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm headed down to Bridgeport after the game. This is a preemptive scare tactic which they used for the World Series (the protective bubble).

If people want to celebrate and behave legally they better not have any problems.

Hopefully I'll run into a few of you after the game.

Go White Sox!!!

Coolpapa
10-26-2005, 07:06 PM
I think the police here in Indianapolis would rather beat up a black guy or hit on some bimbo, so we here are safe to be nuts

SouthSide_HitMen
10-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Coolpapa

:DJ
Uh oh

PaleHoseGeorge
10-26-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the Cubune has assigned a beat reporter to follow William Ligue the entire evening.

:cool:

:knue
"I saw him! I saw him! He was jaywalking! JAYWALKING! Notorious Sox Fan jaywalks against traffic!!!"

http://static.flickr.com/4/5564948_9fd986938b_m.jpg <--- Dan McGrath
"Well done, George. We're going Page 1 with this one!"

Irishsoxfan
10-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I wonder if Interpol has informed the Gardaí of my presence and the potential havoc I could cause!!

minastirith67
10-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the Cubune has assigned a beat reporter to follow William Ligue the entire evening.

:cool:

:knue
"I saw him! I saw him! He was jaywalking! JAYWALKING! Notorious Sox Fan jaywalks against traffic!!!"

http://static.flickr.com/4/5564948_9fd986938b_m.jpg <--- Dan McGrath
"Well done, George. We're going Page 1 with this one!"

LOL!

:D:

Well done.