PDA

View Full Version : The final out ! Your wishes !

South Sider
10-26-2005, 01:34 PM
What do you think would be the perfect way to end the world series for the White Sox - other than a win (of course) ?

gobears1987
10-26-2005, 01:35 PM
A triple play would be nice or just a double play. You know what's amazing. Iguchi and Uribe will go down in White Sox legends right next to Fox and Aparicio!!!

Uncle_Patrick
10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
The perfect way to end the World Series - Phil Garner's head explodes.

antitwins13
10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
The pitch by Jenks.... HE GONE! Craig Biggio can grab some bench and the Sox sweep Houston to become champions YESSS!

pl8ump1012
10-26-2005, 01:37 PM
a hard shot down the third base line - one crede has to dive for, then a long throw over to PK.... one of those plays we've seen Crede make all year long

ShoelessJoeS
10-26-2005, 01:38 PM
A Bobby Jenks heater for a called third strike to Lance Berkman with the bases juiced.

mdep524
I kind of liked JJav's sugestion that Hermanson should get the final out. A strikeout would look great for years and years to come.

AnkleSox
rowand obviously trapping a fly ball and the umpire ruling the batter out.

pl8ump1012

HA!!!!

downstairs
10-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Garcia strikeout for his 27th consecutive out.

Sox of White
10-26-2005, 01:40 PM
I like the idea of Bobby Jenks stealing home to win the game. Not sure who had mentioned that before. But, of coure that would not be a game ender. So it would have to be a Jenks K, or Garcia K.

IlliniSox4Life
10-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I would like to see something like Rowand running up the hill in center and stealing the game winning home run from the Astros to make the final out, or Rowand catching it as he runs into the wall and falls over, or maybe Jermaine Dye throwing somebody out at the plate, or maybe Crede catching a pop fly leaning over the railing in the dugout, falling over the railing and landing in Ozzies lap.

Argalarga
10-26-2005, 01:46 PM

And McCarver moaning "how does this keep happening?"

Iwritecode
10-26-2005, 01:47 PM
A little comebacker to Jenks to complete the 8 - 2 victory and WS championship. :D:

rocky biddle
10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
I would like to see a nice ground ball to Paulie for the final out of an easy, never-any-doubt White Sox winner. I don't need an exciting ending. After last night I can't handle any more drama. The celebration following the final out will be memorable enough.

Madvora
10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Frank Thomas with a diving stop at first base.

Tekijawa
10-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Sox up by three, bases loaded, 2 outs, with Berkman at bat... He drives a ball deep to that stupid little HR Porch and Procedes to run the bases but runs past Biggio who had tripped in the celebration of the moment before any of the runs score. Then Lisa Dergan remembering how I correctly predicted the unusual outcome, IM's me and for a late night romp and proposes to me at home plate at Comiskey... and my wife gives me the green light and all three of us live happily ever after! Sorry Pod's but you've changed, you're just not "real" enough for her anymore (not that there's much left of her that is real either, but I'm not going to lie, sometimes It is just about the looks).

GO WHITE SOX!

eriqjaffe
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
I would like to see a nice ground ball to Paulie for the final out of an easy, never-any-doubt White Sox winner. I don't need an exciting ending. After last night I can't handle any more drama. The celebration following the final out will be memorable enough.AMEN!

D. TODD
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
I have no specific last out wish. Any last out recorded by the White Sox to give them the worlds championship in any form will be perfect.

asindc
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM
I would like to see a nice ground ball to Paulie for the final out of an easy, never-any-doubt White Sox winner. I don't need an exciting ending. After last night I can't handle any more drama. The celebration following the final out will be memorable enough.

I strongly second this one. No need to tempt fate anymore. A 17-0 blowout for the Sox would suit me just fine.

tdh11
10-26-2005, 02:04 PM
How bout AJ dropping the third strike to Taverez who doesnt run it out, AJ throws to PK for the final out

mccoydp
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Dustin Hermanson just smoking three Astros in a row with K-K-K.

After all of his contributions to the team for the better part of the year, he's my sentimental favorite to seal the deal. It's a damn shame his back gave out on him.

Theanticub
10-26-2005, 02:14 PM
All I want is for them to win, don't really care how it is done. Though a perfect game would be amazing.

jcw218
10-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Since the White Sox are adding their name to thde World Series record books, my perfect ending is just that - perfect.

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Infield pop to Crede. Book it. :cool:

TimoPerez
10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
I know I am probably the only one but I would love to see Timo in the outfield. The ball is hit to him with two outs and he jumps up and down. He makes the catch in the air and the White Sox win, just like he did when he caught the last out of the 2000 NLCS.

BRDSR
10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
I would like to see a nice ground ball to Paulie for the final out of an easy, never-any-doubt White Sox winner.

Yes, but you have to consider, who gets to keep that baseball? Konerko? MLB? The White Sox? Meinketvicz? This is all just too difficult for grown men to sort out.

mattcoz
10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
A triple play would be nice or just a double play.I like this idea, get as many guys involved in the final out as possible. Whatever happens, Paulie will have the ball in his glove for the final out. He did for the division, ALDS, ALCS, and soon World Series.

Chicago
10-26-2005, 02:31 PM
a bobbled ball that gets tossed around to everyone and ends up still being a diving catch by crede...or to keep it going the same way... ending in Paulie's hands...

WSoxFanForever
10-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Two outs. Last chance for Sox in the top of the ninth. Sox down 3-2. Two men on. Joe Crede comes up---you know the rest. Sox on top.

Jenks takes them with 3 K's in the ninth.

Now as the Sox all jump on top of each other, they show Phil Garner in the dugot, bursting into tears as he tosses various items all over the dugout and field.

ChicagoHoosier
10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I'd like to see Freddy pitch 7 strong innings, Polite and Cotts pitch the 8th, and Jenks blow it by them for the final out to have everyone contribute who has made our team successful all year.

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't really care. I just want to remember all the Sox -- both fans and players alike -- that never got this far.

But the winning cheer should come from this guy.

:andy:

wdelaney72
10-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Infield pop to Crede. Book it. :cool:. I see your popout to Crede and raise you a pop out to Uribe. You can take that to the bank.

Ideally, though, I'd love to see Jenks close the door with a strikeout so we can all say together...

:hawk "Gas! He Gawn!"

Deuce
10-26-2005, 04:07 PM
The perfect way to end the World Series - Phil Garner's head explodes.

I'd prefer it if the stool threw Garner into the clubhouse. :wink:

Domeshot17
10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
I want it to end the same way the ALCS ended, the clincher in detroit ended, and so many other games this year

In Paulies Glove

batmanZoSo
10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Okay, this is a thread I never thought I'd see.

But I'd want it to be a strikeout so the mob forms right smack in the middle of the infield (better for pictures). And it's always best when the pitcher and catcher run and hug each other all lovey-dovey. Just brings a tear to my eye. :whiner:

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Okay, this is a thread I never thought I'd see.

But I'd want it to be a strikeout so the mob forms right smack in the middle of the infield (better for pictures). And it's always best when the pitcher and catcher run and hug each other all lovey-dovey. Just brings a tear to my eye. :whiner:
Some Pierzynski-Jenks man love would be absolutely hilarious. They'd both be roaring and cursing at each other like a couple of bulls. YAAAAAARRRRRR!

buehrle4cy05
10-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Popout to Frank Thomas.

miker
10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Sharp ground ball to Crede or Uribe. Laser throw to Konerko at first.

And then, mass hysteria!

longshot7
10-26-2005, 05:37 PM
It will probably end the way we ended the season and one of the postseason series - a lineout to Konerko.

ElDuque26
10-26-2005, 05:43 PM
as much as a 101 fastball from jenks to berkman who whiffs would be awsome...its only fiitting for a ball to be hit hard, crede makes a diving stop and fires to paulie for the final out, letting the two guys who led the way this post season get the final out, and hopefully not the final out paulie has with the sox!:bandance:

SOXintheBURGH
10-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Some Pierzynski-Jenks man love would be absolutely hilarious. They'd both be roaring and cursing at each other like a couple of bulls. YAAAAAARRRRRR!

That's the most beautiful vision I ever had. Thank you.

CaptainBallz
10-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Garner waves the White Flag after a 52-run top of the sixth, making it the first mid-game forfeit in World Series history.

Final Score: Sox 397 Houston: Zip

chaotic8512
10-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Other:

Bottom 9th, 2 outs
- Phil Garner morphs into Dusty Baker.
- Michael Lamb becomes Derrek Lee.
- The rest of the 2005 Astros turn into the whiny 2005 Cubs, who inconceivably make it this far.
- With a score of 6-3 (mind you, Astros scored these runs), pinch hitter Carrie Wood comes up in a surprising and ingenious move by Dusty.
- Garcia throws three fastballs right down the center of the plate and Wood looks dumbfounded.
- The Gulf of Mexico transforms into the tears of faithful Urinal fans.
- Garcia completes a perfect game, and the White Sox begin the celebration!! :gulp:

TomBradley72
10-26-2005, 06:15 PM
A drop 3rd strike...with AJ chasing an Astro to the dugout to complete the tag...right in front of Garner. :D:

chisoxfanatic
10-26-2005, 06:16 PM
I voted for Baaaad Bobby!!!

Canadian_SoxFan
10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
I know someone has mentioned it before, but if the White Sox have a lead of 3 or more, I put Hermanson in the game. He is a huge reason we we won all of those close games, and it would be fitting for him to get the last out. He could of complained about his playing time being reduced when he came back, but instead was a great role model for Jenks. I hope he's in there at the end.

Greg1983
10-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I voted for the K by Garcia.

My great fantasy is that he throws the first World Series perfect game since Don Larsen. This way, we could have drama and suspense, but not about whether or not we win the series tonight. That will kill me.

Hanging on to see if he can throw a perfect game, or even a run-of-the-mill no-no would be fun.

Whaddya think?

rmusacch
10-26-2005, 09:16 PM
What do you think would be the perfect way to end the world series for the White Sox - other than a win (of course) ?

Who is Freddie Garcia?