PDA

View Full Version : Unreal experience

wxkid23
10-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Last night was flat out unbelieveable....:bandance:

I am down in Houston with my family and girlfriend. We all went to the game last night and had the time of our lives. We had seats out in CF right behind the ESPN canopy. We were pretty much the only Sox fans in our section, which had around 100-200 people in it. The experience being at the WS was unreal, the atmosphere was breath-taking. It has really taken some time for myself to really realize what is going on, the Sox being in the series. When I came in the gate last night and immedietely saw the ESPN crew about 30 feet from where I was standing, it really hits you how real it is. Despite my lack of much respect for the ESPN guys, something about seeing them there really adds to the experience. The Houston fans in our section were okay, although I noticed a more than what I would consider "normal" booing during our introductions and even AB's. During our big 5th inning, we all just went about crazy, I stood up and raised my hands and celebrated our big 5th inning and some dude behind me says "you wanna get your @ss kicked?" ... pretty low, my team is in the WS and we just had a huge inning off maybe the NL's best pitcher, excuse me. The rest of the fans were OK.. away from the fact my mom was verbally abused in the halls by herself on the way to the giftshop and said someone also "groped" her once in a private place. I guess every team has bad apples.

Lack of execution by HOU and big outs from pitchers last night were a big reason we won. On top of all this... when Blum came up last night the pitch before he hit the HR... I told my Dad "He has some occasional power.. if he can get a pitch and pull it.. it's gone" ... next pitch he lines the ball over the fence.. wow! Sometimes it's the little recognized guys like Blum that can make the big hit.

My Dad and I have tickets for tonight and tomorrow's game and I am wishing like crazy we clinch it here. I can't even imagine seeing a WS win in person. My Dad has been a fan since 1959 and I have never seen him so happy in his life after last nights win. It is going to be a huge emotional thing for my Dad and I if we win this tonight or tomorrow night... I don't really know how I am going to take it. When you have been a fan all your life thru the thick and thin.. and you finally have a chance to experience your ultimate dream.

I wish all you guys could be down here experiencing this with us... it's the time our our life.

BeefyD
10-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Gotta say, don't know if it can beat our Game 2 experience we had on Sunday...

Of course, to see the final win would be nice, but the drama from Sunday was just unbelievable.

Sxy Mofo
10-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Gotta say, don't know if it can beat our Game 2 experience we had on Sunday...

Of course, to see the final win would be nice, but the drama from Sunday was just unbelievable.

Huh... I didn't think the drama could get better than saturday's game.

Then came sunday's, and i didn't think the dram could get better than sunday's.

Then came last nights game, with even more drama.

I can't really say anymore that "it can't get better than last game"... because it seems to.

Danieljack80
10-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I too was at last night's game, and I can tell you that the tension and drama we went through in hostile territory was an experience unlike any I've ever had. Game 1 in the stands in Chicago was incredible (8th inning?!?), and Game 2 was ridiculous. But watching our guys "pull on the same rope" even when things looked their bleakest was something special.

Hopefully, we'll get to raise our glasses and toast the new World Series Champions tonight.

go Go GO White Sox!

Fuller_Schettman
10-26-2005, 04:16 PM
I think this says it best, from espn.com's Page 2:

Hell of a game, though. This may be the most epic four-game sweep in World Series history

MisterB
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Huh... I didn't think the drama could get better than saturday's game.

Then came sunday's, and i didn't think the dram could get better than sunday's.

Then came last nights game, with even more drama.

I can't really say anymore that "it can't get better than last game"... because it seems to.

If the Sox win today, it is by default better than any game the Sox have had in the last 87 years. :D:

draggin10s
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I am glad you got to experience a WS with your dad, I am sure there are many of us who wish we could. I am enjoying every minute on TV (except the announcers) with my son. This is something we can share for the rest of our lives. Thank you White Sox you mean more than just baseball to us.

BREAK OUT THE BROOMS! GO GO SOX

BNLSox
10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
I too was at last night's game, and I can tell you that the tension and drama we went through in hostile territory was an experience unlike any I've ever had. Game 1 in the stands in Chicago was incredible (8th inning?!?), and Game 2 was ridiculous. But watching our guys "pull on the same rope" even when things looked their bleakest was something special.

Hopefully, we'll get to raise our glasses and toast the new World Series Champions tonight.

go Go GO White Sox! :welcome:

L'Chayim