PDA

View Full Version : This Stark column is a keeper

Fuller_Schettman
10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Jayson Stark is one of the few columnists I actually enjoy reading at EastSPN.com.

This article will go into my Sox folder for sure (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2203945)

downstairs
10-26-2005, 12:47 PM
When this was originally posted, it read:

When it came down in the glove of Iguchi, the White Sox -- THE WHITE SOX -- led this World Series, three games to zilch. What a concept.

I emailed Jayson and then it was changed. I am sure others emailed him as well...

Still... I like Jayson, and indeed it was a good article. Mistakes on something that happened at 2am or whatever are excusable...

Fuller_Schettman
10-26-2005, 12:56 PM
When this was originally posted, it read:

When it came down in the glove of Iguchi, the White Sox -- THE WHITE SOX -- led this World Series, three games to zilch. What a concept.

I emailed Jayson and then it was changed. I am sure others emailed him as well...

Still... I like Jayson, and indeed it was a good article. Mistakes on something that happened at 2am or whatever are excusable...

ah, those middle infielders- they all look alike! :rolling:

mjharrison72
10-26-2005, 01:02 PM
No pitcher in World Series history had ever started a Series game and then saved a Series game in consecutive games. And only one pitcher in World Series history (Catfish Hunter) ever collected a save in a Series game without ever collecting a save in any regular-season games. I find this interesting, because isn't Hawk Harrelson always saying how much Buehrle reminds hom of Catfish Hunter?
Kudos to Buehrle for making history and for solidifying his place in Sox lore.
Great column.
-M

winitall
10-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Great column. I only wish that Blum hadn't said that "maybe we stole a little October magic from Boston." The Sox don't need any "magic" from Boston! However, Blum has earned the right to say anything he wants right now. . .

IspepAloc
10-26-2005, 02:49 PM
That was a great, great column.