PDA

View Full Version : North/NW burbs for game 4

pl8ump1012
10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm trying REALLY hard to get out of work tonight.
If I can, I really don't want to watch the game on my couch.

Anywhere from Northbrook, HighlandPark, Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, etc. (10-15 mile radius of that vicinity) that anyone knows of that will be infested with sox mania?

I live in cary and have to be up at 515 in the morning tomorrow, so the south side thing just isnt going to happen

Law11
10-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Chammps in Schaumberg is a good spot. Buffalo Wild Wings in Mt prospect,
Harry's in downtown Arlington Hts. Smokey Bones in Schaumburg.
The Stadium in Schuamburg.Rolling meadows off of 53 & algonquin.
Durty nellies, lamplighters...

SOXPHILE
10-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Might wanna check out Shoeless Joe's in Rosemont. Went there for game 5 of the ALCS, and again last night. Will be there again tonight. It's a good Sox bar for the NW Burbs. I live in the Schaumburg-Hoffman area, and it only takes me about 25 minutes or so to get there, depending on traffic. There are lots of clubs and bars in Schaumburg and Arlington Heights, but if you wanna sit with a good Sox fan crowd, that's my suggestion.

Risk
10-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I was at Durty Nellie's on Saturday for game 1. The crowd was split pretty even b/w Sox and Flub fans rooting for the Astros.

Harry's is a cool bar, but a little pricey. The Arena which opened in Gameworks @ the Streets of Woodfield is a pretty nice place that had good drink specials a couple of weeks ago ($2.50 for 22 ounce schooners) may be a place that you may want to consider.

As much as I would like to meet all northwest suburban WSI'ers, I have court downtown @ 9 a.m. so I won't be able to partake in any of the festivities.

Have fun and be safe where ever you go.:gulp:

Risk

ChiSox Fan 68
10-26-2005, 01:40 PM
We went to Durty Nellie's in Palatine last night and it was awful - I highly recommend that you do not go there. The crowd was thin and there was a very loud group of people rooting for the Astros (I am assuming they were Cubs fans). Stadium in Rolling Meadows is OK - we were there when the Sox won the pennant. Tonight we are trying Buffalo Wild Wings in Mt. Prospect. I have heard from a number of people that the atmosphere has been great for the Sox games.