PDA

View Full Version : If we become world champions...

manders_01
10-26-2005, 01:05 PM
...how do you plan to celebrate?

I will be watching the game at a sports bar in Denver. There have only been a handful of Sox fans there each night. I don't know them personally, but they are my family. So for me, I will be jumping up and down, doing a little yelling and a little crying, giving some hugs and probably doing a celebration shot (although some bubbly does sound good). Then it's off to bed to make up for my late last night.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

antitwins13
10-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Screaming White Sox winner over and over again! Drinking a cold Dr. Pepper, then saying Hey! Torri Hunter what are you doing? Oh yeah playing golf.

Rocky Soprano
10-26-2005, 01:08 PM
I will have some close friends over my place. A couple of champagne bottles are in the fridge, as soon as they win we will run to the garage and do our own little mock celebration! :supernana:

Madvora
10-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I went out to dinner after defeating the Red Sox and had a glass of champagne.
I forgot about the champagne for the pennant clincher, but I bought my very own bottle this weekend and it's in the fridge waiting for some action.

voodoochile
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
if?

SSN721
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Champagne is definitely part of the plan, but will be in the city tonight so not sure what I will do for celebration, unfortunately I start work at 6 AM thur so I will have to see what is hsaking. The Champagne will have to save til thur night. :D:

BNLSox
10-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I made a cd this morning with Queen's "We Are the Champions". I hope to be Blasting it for an hour as I shower myself in Champagne.

PandaSox
10-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Heck...I hope I can stay awake...! Last night was late!

But, I will be spending it at home...and making LOTS of phone calls!

GO SOX!!!!
:sox

downstairs
10-26-2005, 01:17 PM
if?

3 wins = if
4 wins = when

Palehose13
10-26-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm leaving for Chicago shortly and going to the UC to watch the game. If I die in a riot, just know that I died happy.

ChicagoHoosier
10-26-2005, 01:22 PM
More than likely, sticking to protocol, drinking my 6 :gulp: during the game, cutoff b4 the end of the 7th inning (of course), and then celebrating with my wife and screaming to the rest of Bucktown from my roof while smoking a cigar and drinking the bubbly.

manders_01
10-26-2005, 01:24 PM
if?

As much as I feel it's in the bag, I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.

Jerko
10-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I've been watching the road games at home with Rooney and Farmer on the radio, and being in a superstitious mood, that's what I will do again tonight. I live close to the Cell, though, so I will be running in the streets with some type of beverage in my hand, and possibly wind up at the Redwood for a few nightcaps. 11 hours or so till the end................

soxfanatlanta
10-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Heck...I hope I can stay awake...! Last night was late!

But, I will be spending it at home...and making LOTS of phone calls!

GO SOX!!!!
:sox

Gonna call my dad, have a beer to toast the victory, and try to go to sleep. Wishing I was there!

Iwritecode
10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
I made a cd this morning with Queen's "We Are the Champions". I hope to be Blasting it for an hour as I shower myself in Champagne.

I have Queen 'Greatest Hits' CD. :cool:

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 01:50 PM
- champagne
- loud music
- cigar
- and of course, booty shaking! :bandance:

34 Inch Stick
10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
I have a very early morning tomorrow that will go well into the evening. I had such great plans for the event, but it looks like I will celebrate by clicking off the TV and going to sleep with a smile on my face. It's painfull but I have a feeling we will be back.

tacosalbarojas
10-26-2005, 02:00 PM
If we win, among many other things that I'll be doing, I'll be thinking about how no one will ever be able to take this from us. Not the Trib, not the national media, not any single *** fan you and I and every other Sox fan knows. None of them will ever be able to take it away from us. We'll always be 2005 World Champions. Let's get this done!!!

manders_01
10-26-2005, 02:02 PM
If we win, among many other things that I'll be doing, I'll be thinking about how no one will ever be able to take this from us. Not the Trib, not the national media, not any single *** fan you and I and every other Sox fan knows. None of them will ever be able to take it away from us. We'll always be 2005 World Champions. Let's get this done!!!

AMEN to that!!!

Uncle_Patrick
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Should it be tonight, I will be bowling, probably very badly, too, since my brain will be on the Sox game and I'll be watching the TV every chance I get. At least my brother, a fellow Sox fan, will be there to celebrate with me. If its any other night, I will be with friends, drinking Guinness and lighting up a cigar.

pudge
10-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Pour beer over your head.

:gulp:

Hagan
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm leaving for Chicago shortly and going to the UC to watch the game. If I die in a riot, just know that I died happy.

Ill help you flip a car or two there.

Palehose13
10-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Ill help you flip a car or two there.

As long as it isn't a red jeep wrangler. :wink:

Brian26
10-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I've been watching the road games at home with Rooney and Farmer on the radio, and being in a superstitious mood, that's what I will do again tonight.

I've right there with you. I really don't want to change my routine now. Hell, I've worn the same shirt three nights in a row too.

Sad
10-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Don't burn the city people... this aint Detroit :redneck

manders_01
10-26-2005, 06:45 PM
I just called the bar I go to and found out cigars are allowed. So I'm stopping and gettin me a nice fat stowgie to celebrate, if not tonight, then very soon!

chidonez
10-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh man, this thread makes me sad. I'm stuck in Beantown with no money 'til Friday (ah, the life of a student). So, I'll be partying it up dry style at the campus union. Maybe I'll run into a Sox fan or two. And I'll be chatting it up with other Sox fans on WSI. I hope to see your mugs whooping it up in tomorrow's papers.

If I were in Chicago, I'd be at my favorite watering hole, Rossi's at State and Hubbard, which is about 1/2 a Sox bar. If anyone's going to be there tonight, tell Kevin the bartender hi for Alex in Cambridge.