PDA

View Full Version : Rooney: Going out on top

antitwins13
10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Even though I'm as upset as everyone here is about John Rooney not returning to the booth as a Sox announcer next year I don't think he could have picked a better time to make his exit. I would rather see John go out calling a White Sox winner then leaving a couple years down the line after a down season. So, when the Sox beat Houston. The win will be a bittersweet one knowing it's Rooney's last game, but I like the idea of him leaving on top of the world.

Madvora
10-26-2005, 11:52 AM
...then leaving a couple years down the line after a down season.
We will never lose another game again.

downstairs
10-26-2005, 11:53 AM
then leaving a couple years down the line after a down season.

So you don't think the Sox will three-peat?

:cool:

Cutter
10-26-2005, 11:53 AM
The last "White Sox Winner" call he makes will be his greatest ever!

antitwins13
10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
So you don't think the Sox will three-peat?

:cool:

Sox will quadruple-peat

DaleJRFan
10-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Not only has Rooney been fortunate to be calling the World Series as his last games with the Sox, but he has made some of his BEST calls as the Sox play by play guy.

The pennant call, Pod's walk-off, Blum's dinger... some of his best work.

tebman
10-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Sox will quadruple-peat

http://www.students.dsu.edu/sutherad/91gsuperfans1.jpg
"Book it, my friend! Da Sox will, minimum, century-peat!"

"Da...Sox, DaSox, DaSox, DaSox, DaSox, DaSox, DaSox..."

sox1970
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Even though I'm as upset as everyone here is about John Rooney not returning to the booth as a Sox announcer next year I don't think he could have picked a better time to make his exit. I would rather see John go out calling a White Sox winner then leaving a couple years down the line after a down season. So, when the Sox beat Houston. The win will be a bittersweet one knowing it's Rooney's last game, but I like the idea of him leaving on top of the world.

Ironically, Rooney left the Twins when they won the World Series in 1987. Hopefully history is repeating. Too bad he's leaving, but what a way to go out.

LongLiveFisk
10-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Not only has Rooney been fortunate to be calling the World Series as his last games with the Sox, but he has made some of his BEST calls as the Sox play by play guy.

The pennant call, Pod's walk-off, Blum's dinger... some of his best work.

Exactly...but the beauty is the great World Series calls he left us with that we will always have. What a fantastic way to go out. Congrats, John, and best wishes! We will all miss you!