PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, WSI, for I have sinned...

pl8ump1012
10-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Last night, as the marathon rolled on and on, I made some comments in the game day forum that I'd like to recant.

I was extremely hard on Marte. I (almost) lost faith in the teams ability to win the game behind Marte, based on his most recent outing, as well as his performance most of the year.

I almost even went to bed when I saw him come to the mound.

I voiced these "concerns," for lack of a better term, and you, the WSI community, rightfully, put me in my place. One of you, I don't remember who, put it best, when you said "your attitude sucks." It did.

With the exception of a couple of heart skipping moments, Marte was awesome last night, ESPECIALLY coming off of his last outing.

I should have believed 100% in this team, and in Ozzie, for knowing what he is doing, just like he has all year long. For all of that, I apologize to this team, to all of its fans, and (not that he'll ever see it, but just for principle) to Damaso Marte.

That feels better :smile:

Unregistered
10-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Last night, as the marathon rolled on and on, I made some comments in the game day forum that I'd like to recant.

I was extremely hard on Marte. I (almost) lost faith in the teams ability to win the game behind Marte, based on his most recent outing, as well as his performance most of the year.

I almost even went to bed when I saw him come to the mound.

I voiced these "concerns," for lack of a better term, and you, the WSI community, rightfully, put me in my place. One of you, I don't remember who, put it best, when you said "your attitude sucks." It did.

With the exception of a couple of heart skipping moments, Marte was awesome last night, ESPECIALLY coming off of his last outing.

I should have believed 100% in this team, and in Ozzie, for knowing what he is doing, just like he has all year long. For all of that, I apologize to this team, to all of its fans, and (not that he'll ever see it, but just for principle) to Damaso Marte.

That feels better :smile:Just goes to show you that being a dark cloud just makes you look like a tool.

If Marte blows it, you're a tool for having a crappy attitude about this team - and when he does well, you're a tool for not thinking he would. :cool:

pl8ump1012
10-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Wow.... trying to do good, apologize for the poor attitude.... and getting called a tool in return

Kilroy
10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Just goes to show you that being a dark cloud just makes you look like a tool.

If Marte blows it, you're a tool for having a crappy attitude about this team - and when he does well, you're a tool for not thinking he would. :cool:

Ummm, how about "APOLOGY ACCEPTED?" Just remember when you point your finger and call someone a tool, three fingers are pointed right back at you.

BNLSox
10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
You are forgiven my son.

NO MORE DARK CLOUDS. EVEN IF THEY SOMEHOW FORCE US BACK TO CHICAGO - DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Unregistered
10-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Wow.... trying to do good, apologize for the poor attitude.... and getting called a tool in returnNo, not you... just dark clouds in general. At least you're man enough to admit the err of your ways...

Sorry for the confusion. :D:

Unregistered
10-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Ummm, how about "APOLOGY ACCEPTED?" Just remember when you point your finger and call someone a tool, three fingers are pointed right back at you.Relax, pl8ump1012's big brother. :redneck

I was making a point about dark clouds as a whole. This poster already admitted not believing in the team was wrong, so I wasn't calling him a tool...

pl8ump1012
10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Woohoo! I started Controversy!

After game two, my philosophy on the series was that it was a win-win situation:

Either the sox win the series, or I get to go to game six.... Maybe it was the back of my mind hoping for something to happen so I can go to game six???

Not really.... I'd obviously rather see them wrap it up right away.

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Woohoo! I started Controversy!

After game two, my philosophy on the series was that it was a win-win situation:

Either the sox win the series, or I get to go to game six.... Maybe it was the back of my mind hoping for something to happen so I can go to game six???

Not really.... I'd obviously rather see them wrap it up right away.

OUCH!!!

:tealpolice:

pl8ump1012
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Crap, I forgot to change the color on that one!!!! Editing now!!!
I'm screwing up all over the place
Amazing what sleep deprivation can do to you.

tebman
10-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Crap, I forgot to change the color on that one!!!! Editing now!!!
I'm screwing up all over the place
Amazing what sleep deprivation can do to you.
My friend, sleep deprivation is all of our middle names today. We were all nervous last night. Hell, Marte scared me too, but what a performance!

Like you, I'm constantly re-amazed at what a sharp baseball man Ozzie is. I always liked his play, his style, and his sense of humor, but I hadn't appreciated how good he really is. Hat-tips and high-fives again and again to KW and to Ozzie for the job they've done this year.

The only problem now is that this season is going to end soon, and I'm going to miss it. A lot.