PDA

View Full Version : My dream trophy presentation

Flight #24
10-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Reinsdorf accepts the trophy from Selig, with the following speech:

"Thanks Commissioner, On behalf of the great city of Chicago and this great team, we're proud to finally bring this back where it belongs. We couldn't be prouder of this group of men and the whole organization from the scouts, office staff, coaches, and players. But to officially accept this, I'd like to call up three people to the podium with me.

- Kenny Williams, the man who envisioned this team and this organization and made this possible
- Ozzie Guillen, the heart and soul of the team since joining the organization so many years ago
- And the man who has been the core of the team and organization for the past decade, the greatest player in franchise history, Frank Thomas. Frank, you deserve to be up here too."

I know I'm getting ahead of things here, but that would bring a special tear to this fan's eye.

mdep524
10-26-2005, 11:00 AM

"Thanks Commissioner, On behalf of the great city of Chicago and this great team, we're proud to finally bring this back where it belongs. We couldn't be prouder of this group of men and the whole organization from the scouts, office staff, coaches, and players. But to officially accept this, I'd like to call up three people to the podium with me.

- Kenny Williams, the man who envisioned this team and this organization and made this possible
- Ozzie Guillen, the heart and soul of the team since joining the organization so many years ago
- And the man who has been the core of the team and organization for the past decade, the greatest player in franchise history, Frank Thomas. Frank, you deserve to be up here too."

I know I'm getting ahead of things here, but that would bring a special tear to this fan's eye. You reading this, JR? That would be perfect. Then Ozzie makes some wisecrack and everyone gets doused with champagne from behind by Buehrle.

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM

I know I'm getting ahead of things here, but that would bring a special tear to this fan's eye.
Awesome! Something like that was envisioned in this thread. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43799&page=1&pp=15&highlight=master+jerry) :thumbsup:

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Where's there a mention of Chicago's team? We could not have a celebration of chicago baseball with mentioning the Flubbies. :redneck

cleanwsox
10-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Seeing Frank in the dugout has been awesome so far. I can't wait to hopefully see him up on that stage getting the props he deserves.