PDA

View Full Version : Downtown parade question

house215
10-26-2005, 09:08 AM
If the Sox were to win it tonight, does anyone know when the parade would be?

yessssssss
10-26-2005, 09:10 AM
I have tomorrow and Friday off, I'm praying it's one of those days so I can take my kids to it. It's going to be unbelievable!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Jjav829
10-26-2005, 09:12 AM
On the news the other day they said if the Sox win it in 4, the celebration is Friday. If it goes longer than that then the celebration is Monday.

downstairs
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
On the news the other day they said if the Sox win it in 4, the celebration is Friday. If it goes longer than that then the celebration is Monday.

Yeah.... these things are almost always on weekdays... too many other things going on during the weekend in the city...

I didn't hear any reports, but I would just assume what you say has to be the case...

MsSoxVixen22
10-26-2005, 09:31 AM

Looks like I'm not going to work Friday!! Anybody know if they said what time it would be held at? Will it start in the AM, or afternoon? I'm hoping afternoon because if I can't take off work, we could probably leave early. Bottom line, I MIGHT (but I think we will :wink: ) not see this again in my lifetime and my Dad night not either-I wanna go and take pictures on what will surely be the best day of ANY Sox fans lives! :D:

kninchicago
10-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Where will it be? Downtown?

WSox8404
10-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Alright people this can be it. If so, when and where is the rally or parade going to be. My mom said she heard that if the Sox won it all in Houston then the parade would be on Friday. If they win at home then they will have it on Monday. Any speculation on when or where?

Randar68
10-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Alright people this can be it. If so, when and where is the rally or parade going to be. My mom said she heard that if the Sox won it all in Houston then the parade would be on Friday. If they win at home then they will have it on Monday. Any speculation on when or where?

Why not have it on Saturday when the weather is supposed to be great and people don't have to miss work/school to go?

Frater Perdurabo
10-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Why not have it on Saturday when the weather is supposed to be great and people don't have to miss work/school to go?

Agreed. Although I'll be in Kansas City on business. :(:

WSox8404
10-26-2005, 11:03 AM

I know thats what I am wondering. Although I work on weekends.......:rolleyes: although whatever day it is they can expect a called off day.:tongue:

downstairs
10-26-2005, 11:05 AM
There's already a thread on this.

If we win tonight, Friday. If not, Monday.

I think they try to shy away from having these things on weekends. Already too much going on to throw a monkeywrench into the city event planners, etc.

CHISOXFAN13
10-26-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure if it's for crowd control, a parade or both but workers have been setting yp barricades this morning on 35th Street.

Law11
10-26-2005, 12:21 PM

I heard rumor that they would do a boat on the Chgo River on the news this morning. That would be pretty cool. Hanging out on the bridges and along the water..

getonbckthr
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I heard rumor that they would do a boat on the Chgo River on the news this morning. That would be pretty cool. Hanging out on the bridges and along the water..
fred smoot's at it again.

Cat Thief
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm not sure if it's for crowd control, a parade or both but workers have been setting yp barricades this morning on 35th Street.

Just by the park or up and down 35th?

kkappelk
10-26-2005, 12:51 PM
I think you guys should be quiet and worry about parades AFTER we win the final game. :angry:

house215
10-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I think you guys should be quiet and worry about parades AFTER we win the final game. :angry:

Some of us need to make our weekend plans now buddy.

asindc
10-26-2005, 03:08 PM

Agreed. Let's win first and then worry about those kinds of things.