PDA

View Full Version : For those who will be collecting historic newspaper front pages...

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 09:55 AM
For those WSIers who will be collecting historic newspaper front pages if the Sox can hold on and win this World Series...

I am proposing a swap: if you are willing to mail me the relevant front pages and inside coverage from Chicago's two dailies and also a RedEye that are published the day after the Sox win it all, I will return the favour by sending you copies of the sports pages from Toronto's four daily papers for your own collection.

Anyone interested in this swap, please PM me to make arrangements. WSIers in other cities are also welcome to get in on this.

GO GO SOX!

downstairs
10-26-2005, 10:03 AM
FYI.... I've never done it, but I've heard that most Newspapers offer the ability to purchase a copy of old editions.

This is why Newspaper collecting is rarely worth any money.

Of course you're not doing it for the money... but I've heard that you shouldn't feel screwed just because you missed a paper or don't live here.

Go to the Sun-Times or Trib site... betcha its listed there deep in the site.

Its usually pitched as "Get a copy of our paper from your birthdate"

mjharrison72
10-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Baby Fisk,

I can hook you up with the Cubune, Cub-Times, and Red Cub the morning after. I still have your address, so it's no big deal!
Hope it's tomorrow morning's papers!
-Mike

EDIT: I'm with Baby Fisk, that if a few other people in major metros want to purchase and send multiple copies, we can set up a little list. I'm particularly interested in the Washington Post. Is anyone else down for this?