PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Newbie

WisSoxFan
10-26-2005, 10:33 AM
I've been lurking on this board for a week or 10 days. I've been a Sox fan since 1972 - the days of Dick Allen, Bill Melton, Wilbur Wood, et al. I was 8 years old and my neighbor buddies and I would play during the summer and their dad (my dad is a Brewer fan) was a Sox fand he would have us gather around the radio listening to Harry Carry (when he was coherent) and cheer for the Sox. He and my dad took the three kids (myself and my two neighbor buddies) to my first Sox game that summer. I was hooked. I'm 42 years old and was literally shaking in bed last night with my wife tucked in next me as the extra innings rolled on. What a great night. I'm so please I ran across this board. It's been enjoyable reading this board and having someone I can relate to (I live in SW Wisconsin - there aren't many White Sox fans that live around here). Thanks for letting me in and let's get 27 more outs and get this over with. I can't wait!

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 10:36 AM
:welcome:

Whew, you almost missed the party!

(BTW - there are White Sox fans EVERYWHERE.)

The_Floridian
10-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Greetings, citizen.

And just in the nick of time too!

:D:

tebman
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
:welcome: Let me second the motion! You're among friends here, Wis! The White Sox are about to become Kings of the World and we are their (mostly) loyal subjects. :D:

brewcrew/chisox
10-26-2005, 10:43 AM
:welcome:

chisoxfan64
10-26-2005, 10:47 AM
:welcome: This is definitely the place to be for Sox fans.

WisSoxFan
10-26-2005, 10:54 AM
I am assuming everyone else is pretty much useless at work today. I can't concentrate on a thing. Fortunately I am done at noon so I can take my 14 month old to get a haircut (I made sure he saw the first pitch on Saturday by the way). If all goes well he and dad will go down for a nap this afternoon so I can be refreshed for tonight's game.

And thanks for the welcome. This board will now become a regular visit for me.

hula
10-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm new too to this board, since yesterday. Have been a fan for 44 years. Grew up watching Louie Aparicio - in fact attended my first game back in '70 or '71 when they named the day/game in his honor. It was fantastic! (I can't believe Fox Sports didn't show him throw out the first pitch on Saturday!) Anyway, every year when we were kids we were so disappointed when the Series would roll around and the Sox weren't in it. Now I finally know what it's like for the Sox to be in the Series and I'm lovin' it!!

GO-GO Sox!

BNLSox
10-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I'd like to voice my concerns and displeasure with the play of Joe Crede.

Oops... sorry... That's what the newbies were saying three months ago... Now they're saying GOOOOOOOOO SOX!

This is unreal! Welcome along for the ride!

tulsasoxfan
10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Long time south sider and Sox fan ...now live in Oklahoma. Been great the last few weeks following the board. :cool:

ode to veeck
10-26-2005, 12:14 PM
tulsa and wis sox fans,

welcome to wsi, the best indepedent sports site on the web (let alone for the sox).

please be sure to check out the rules of conduct, as the mods are not very patient these days with the dramatic increase in activity here

don't forget to get your brooms out tonight too

WI-SOX-FAN
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
nice to see the wisconsin sox fans posting ...

i joined yesterday also after stumbling my way to the site ...

great site !! great people !! great fans !!!

still looking for a place to be tonight ... somewhere between milwaukee and gurnee ....

WSoxFanForever
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm in the middle of Wisconsin, but grew up in the Chicago burbs loving the W Sox. Also in your age bracket. I feel very alone out here as nobody cares about any sports here other than the Packers. I posted on another site first, but didn't like it much, then somebody posted THIS site address just before the playoffs began, and I came here and never looked back. I wish I'd known about it sooner. It's like a friendly hometown bar during the games. I really like it a lot. Welcome.