PDA

View Full Version : Translate this for me, please?

duke of dorwood
12-13-2001, 12:34 PM
:KW

When we sign a guy like Kip from amature status and develop him, it's always hard to let go, especially from my former position as the minor league director," said Williams. "A guy that has the upside of Kip Wells, along with the other two guys, makes it hard.
"Honestly, Wells was a guy that (Pirates GM) Dave (Littlefield) and his people set their targets on primarily. He stuck to his guns and we got to the point where we had to put up or shut to get the darn thing done."

Joel Perez
12-13-2001, 12:36 PM
In other words, KW doesn't have the balls to say "NO" to trading Kip Wells to anyone, nor has he mastered the art of negotiating.

WinningUgly!
12-13-2001, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

When we sign a guy like Kip from amature status and develop him, it's always hard to let go, especially from my former position as the minor league director," said Williams. "A guy that has the upside of Kip Wells, along with the other two guys, makes it hard.
"Honestly, Wells was a guy that (Pirates GM) Dave (Littlefield) and his people set their targets on primarily. He stuck to his guns and we got to the point where we had to put up or shut to get the darn thing done."

Translation: Dave Littlefield raped Kenny Williams' silly ass.

duke of dorwood
12-13-2001, 12:40 PM
Sounds like he wanted Kip, and we could have given less than we did to me, but what the hell does daver know.

Daver
12-13-2001, 12:40 PM

We finally had to give up on Wells and admit that he will never be a MLB starter,so we unloaded him for a veteran pitcher that eats innings and gives the bullpen a rest every fifth day.

CerberusWG
12-13-2001, 03:15 PM
Good summary Daver. Kip is a headcase, if he THINKS he can;t pitch, then he gets nailed.