PDA

View Full Version : Fisk and Farmio

mcfish
10-26-2005, 10:14 AM
On the Score morning show this morning, they had Farmer as a guest in the booth and they took a call from Fisk. They told a great story.

North asked Farmer if he owned Fisk when he was pitching. Farmer said no, of course not, but he went on to talk about one game - 2 outs, 3-2 count, Fisk at the plate for the Dirty Sox. Farmer threw him a curveball and Fisk completely missed. Fisk asks Farmer after the game - "How could you throw me a 3-2 curveball with Yastrzemski coming up?" Farmer said, "He wasn't."

So the next year, Fisk is catching Farmio in a similar situation. He goes out to talk to Farmer, and they talk about the last couple pitches, and Fisk says "going with the 3-2 curveball?" Farmer says "No way - you I throw a 3-2 curveball to. Let's just get this guy out."

I thought it was a funny story; sorry if I completely butchered it.

enurb
10-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks -- I missed that interview and I'm a big Farmer fan.

downstairs
10-26-2005, 10:23 AM

I believe Farmer is doing the whole show with North...

ElevenUp
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
I thought it was a funny story; sorry if I completely butchered it.

That's how I heard it. Great story. Both of those guys remebered it like it was yesterday.

34 Inch Stick
10-26-2005, 01:27 PM

Is it the long drawn out way he tells a story or the fact that every story eventually gets back to him as a topic that makes you like him.