PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 Northside Gatherings!

Dan Mega
10-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Due to work constraints I won't be able to make it to the south side. Where are Sox fans going to be at on the Northside tonight?

kninchicago
10-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Same with me Dan! I am going to go to Halligan's. It is on Lincoln in Lincoln Park, I hear it is a Sox bar. I won't be able to get there until about 10ish though.

Wish I could be at the UC :angry: :angry: :whiner: :whiner:

dzipio
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm going to the Wild Goose at 4300 N Lincoln. Friendly crowd and a bunch of Sox fans who came out of the woodwork.:tongue:

daveeym
10-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Can anyone comment on how things went at Mix last night?

Meixner007
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM
I will be at Kincaids for $1 bottles.

mattcoz
10-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Joe's was rocking once again last night, will probably go back there.

:gulp:

Dan Mega
10-26-2005, 12:05 PM

Anyone?

kkappelk
10-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Put me down for Joe's on Weed St.

cwsfannick
10-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Anyone?

I believe a good time was had by all last night at Mix. Besides myself, pdimas, realist, cheeses and 4th WSI member were there. Everyone in the bar was pro White Sox except for the one dufas who kept on shouting "Come on Willy T". Not sure what kind of specials they will have tonight, but last night they had $2 Miller Lites and various shot specials.

It was good to match some faces to the names. Hopefully, everyone enjoys a World Series Clincher tonight. Go Sox!!!

cheeses_h_rice
10-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Awful, in my opinion.

We had a grand total of 5 WSIers there, a few female friends of one of them, and then about 25-30 20-somethings who didn't seem to really care about the game, including a few Cub fans who were vocal in their Astros cheering. My friend almost got into it with the bartender, who was ignoring him as he walked the barback. Just a horrible, sterile vibe for the game; it definitely didn't feel very Sox-like.

Needless to say, tonight I watch on the South Side.

ChicagoHoosier
10-26-2005, 01:15 PM
So torn... Go to Joe's and live it up? Go to the southside somewhere to really take it all in? Or not break protocol and stay in Chateau Hoosier with the same setup, clothes, company, drinks, etc to ensure a victory?

cwsfannick
10-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Awful, in my opinion.

We had a grand total of 5 WSIers there, a few female friends of one of them, and then about 25-30 20-somethings who didn't seem to really care about the game, including a few Cub fans who were vocal in their Astros cheering. My friend almost got into it with the bartender, who was ignoring him as he walked the barback. Just a horrible, sterile vibe for the game; it definitely didn't feel very Sox-like.

Well I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone when I made my assessment of Mix, but I had an adequate time being in the company of other WSIers.

kninchicago
10-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear Mix wasn't so good.

Here is a metromix list of bars that are having Sox parties:
http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/events/278477,0,1990491.event?coll=mmx-home_features

cheeses_h_rice
10-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Well I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone when I made my assessment of Mix, but I had an adequate time being in the company of other WSIers.
Nick, if you have the chance you should really come down to B-port and watch tonight's game in one of the bars there...100 times more enthusiasm, much more camraderie, and no Cub trolls.

Physically, Mix was OK. Good TVs and such. But it was really sterile, and I didn't get the feeling that anyone besides about 6 of us cared that much about the game.

kittle42
10-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Awful, in my opinion.

I got there at 7:15 and no one was there. I went down the street to Solstice, which had a bit of a line and a bunch of Sox stuff all over the place.

Tonight, and for every other game (should there be any), I will be at Puffer's. Screw work.

onesox
10-26-2005, 01:40 PM
How about Morgan's on Halsted - 1300 south. I have been there for 2 games and have been great crowds. I plan to be there tonight.

peeonwrigley
10-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I was at Kendall's on Lincoln. 95% Sox fans and the only vocal opposition was this obnoxious woman who for her sake better had been from Houston. Right near me there were at least 30 people living and dying with every pitch as the game continued - I can't speak for the other areas of the bar.

They played Thunderstruck leading up to the game (and again after the 5th inning rally).

Tonight I'm deciding between Joes, somewhere on Lincoln again, or maybe Bridgeport. Question for the Puffer's crowd - I've got a lot to do before the game - and it will take me at least 45 minutes to get to Bport from up here. If I got down there at 7:15 or so would I still be able to get into the bar?

kninchicago
10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Regarding Kendall's--if I don't make it to the bar until 10 PM would it be too crowded for me to get in, or is it a very large space? I have never been there.

I can't believe I have to work through this...at least (and this doesn't help much), I can listen to Farmer/Rooney on headset.

peeonwrigley
10-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Regarding Kendall's--if I don't make it to the bar until 10 PM would it be too crowded for me to get in, or is it a very large space? I have never been there.

I can't believe I have to work through this...at least (and this doesn't help much), I can listen to Farmer/Rooney on headset.

Using last night as a judge you'd be able to get in - not get a table, but you'll get into the bar. Tables were gone by 6:45. Not sure if since there is a potential clincher tonight will be different, though.

kninchicago
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks, peeonwrigley. I just want in! I don't care if I have to stand the whole rest of the game, as long as I am with an excited crowd and I don't have to spend my entire game experience in silence, listening on my headphones.

So I am going to check both Halligan's and Kendall's since they are both close, and whichever one I can get into is the one I'm going to.