PDA

View Full Version : Konerko and the Fan Going for the Foul Ball

TomBradley72
10-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Anyone else notice how Paulie handled a foul ball down the 1st base line.....he and a fan are both reaching for it....Paulie finishes the play by "accidentally" having his glove run over the guys face and head....then when the ball drops on to the field...he picks its up...slowly walks in front of the guy and his buddy and hands it to a little kid next to them. The looks on their faces (especially in slo-mo)...priceless. :cool:

downstairs
10-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I was wondering why he didn't throw down his glove and have a complete hissy fit...

...Oh, wait... wrong team, wrong series.

Pulaski
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Anyone else notice how Paulie handled a foul ball down the 1st base line.....he and a fan are both reaching for it....Paulie finishes the play by "accidentally" having his glove run over the guys face and head....then when the ball drops on to the field...he picks its up...slowly walks in front of the guy and his buddy and hands it to a little kid next to them. The looks on their faces (especially in slo-mo)...priceless. :cool:

That was solid!!

krohnjw
10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
I did see the slow-mo and that guy get whacked. I loved the look on his face when he didn't get the ball :whiner: At least a kid got it, he will likely appreciate it much more. :D:

Although, I have to commend that fan for going for the ball. It's called home field advantage for a reason. I remember earlier in the year a foul ball went into the stands on the first base line (a weak Sox pop out) and the fans at the Cell (who could have made the play/swatted it away) moved out of the way for the Indians 1B at the time to make the play :angry:

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 10:16 AM
I did see the slow-mo and that guy get whacked. I loved the look on his face when he didn't get the ball :whiner: At least a kid got it, he will likely appreciate it much more. :D:

Although, I have to commend that fan for going for the ball. It's called home field advantage for a reason. I remember earlier in the year a foul ball went into the stands on the first base line (a weak Sox pop out) and the fans at the Cell (who could have made the play/swatted it away) moved out of the way for the Indians 1B at the time to make the play :angry:

It wasnt like he reached out on to the field either. Cant fault him for that. Paulie could have very well put his glove above the fans and caught it too.

But i love that he gave the ball to a little kid. :bandance:

The Critic
10-26-2005, 10:26 AM
That was fantastic. The fan had every right to go for the ball, but also had the right to take a faceful of leather in return.

And when PK walked past him with the ball, the guy was looking at Paul like "....but.....but....that's miiiiiiine......."
:D: