PDA

View Full Version : A 'Break' from Fox (Satire)

chi_guy
10-26-2005, 07:46 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2005/10/24/a_break_from_fox/

Miss last night's stunning win by the White Sox? No worries. Today we're providing a transcript of all the action, courtesy of your friends at Fox.
Joe Buck: Good evening everybody and welcome to Game 2 of the 2005 World Series. Tim McCarver in a moment. Lou Piniella opted out of calling these games with us to tend concerns for his Florida home, thanks to Hurricane Wilma. Or that's the story we told you. The honest truth is, we've replaced him with this pet rock whose contract we purchased on eBay. But we expect the same level of analysis as Lou delivered, which admittedly wasn't much. And now, we welcome Tim McCarver.

McCarver: Joe, could you call me "Timmy" like Lou did? It makes me feel special.

Buck: Yeah, sure. But before we get to you, just wanted to point out that the entire wacky cast of "That 70's Show" is sitting directly behind the dugout. Ironically enough we had this promo ready telling you that you can catch the 70's kids Tuesday nights, right here on Fox. Now, Tim what have you got for us?

McCarver: I used to be a catcher.

voodoochile
10-26-2005, 10:25 AM
LOL! That link is hilarious...

BNLSox
10-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Its good to see that Boston has taken notice of the media's idiocy and hatred of the Sox. Fox's coverage has been pitiful but know that once (if) we put this series away, there will be no more disputes. We will be the Champs and with that MUST come resepect.

tebman
10-26-2005, 10:43 AM
:rolling: :thumbsup:

That's priceless! Makes me appreciate all the more the engineering staff at WMVP for synching their audio with the TV image so that we could here Rooney and Farmer in Chicago instead of those vapid shills on Fox.

Tekijawa
10-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Joe BUCK: Joining us here in the booth this inning is the star of the season premier of the HIT SERIES Trading Spouses... the Crazy Lady... So are you enjoying the series?
Crazy Lady: BEES, BEEEEEEEEEEES, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I've been watching this game since the FIRST Inning and I intend to see the HARVEST... I mean the end!

Joe Buck: I couldn't have said it better myself, unless I was drinking an Ice Cold Budweiser in my Chevy Truck! Hey look there's Nolan Ryan.

Crazy Lady: (Tearing up the scripted commercial plugs they had prepaired for her and grabbing Joe By the Tie) LIES!!! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES!

antitwins13
10-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Joe BUCK: Joining us here in the booth this inning is the star of the season premier of the HIT SERIES Trading Spouses... the Crazy Lady... So are you enjoying the series?
Crazy Lady: BEES, BEEEEEEEEEEES, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I've been watching this game since the FIRST Inning and I intend to see the HARVEST... I mean the end!

Joe Buck: I couldn't have said it better myself, unless I was drinking an Ice Cold Budweiser in my Chevy Truck! Hey look there's Nolan Ryan.

Crazy Lady: (Tearing up the scripted commercial plugs they had prepaired for her and grabbing Joe By the Tie) LIES!!! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES!

Post of the century nominee!:D:

chi_guy
10-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Those replies are classic.

daveeym
10-26-2005, 01:21 PM
That kills me, as the game was starting my girlfriend comments on how Joe Buck sucks and then says, "He looks like a fraggle, and not one of the cute ones."
http://www.posters.ws/images/974149/fraggle_rock.jpghttp://www.iwu.edu/~iwunews/newsrlse/Joe_Buck.jpg

I still don't see the resemblance but it was damn funny at the time. Especially coming from my girlfriend that couldn't tell you what a double play was before we started dating and now knows just about every player by name and realizes how bad Buck sucks without being told.

edit: on second though that blown back wavy hair he has does make him look like a fraggle, even more so last night.