PDA

View Full Version : Almost time......

Theanticub
10-26-2005, 04:48 AM
To make childhood dreams come true.
To make this magical season end in a way I couldn't of thought possible.
To thank my father for making me a sox fan when I was in a diaper.

Keep this going till the sox win it all. I want to hear what all you have to add to it.

CaptainBallz
10-26-2005, 05:13 AM
To Game 4!...

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-26-2005, 08:31 AM
To watch Frank Thomas get his ring.

To watch a team nobody respected and wanted win it all, in spite of not having a $200M payroll.

For people to finally realize it's not about attendance of fans, it's about the attention of them.

For a manager who thinks for himself win the ultimate prize - doing it his way.

For a GM who scouted one of the best finds in the league via videotape finally get his respect from the "baseball world".

For Jerry, via tear soaked champagne eyes, to resign the whole damn team and do it again next year.

WVSoxFan
10-26-2005, 09:38 AM
To watch Frank Thomas get his ring.

How sweet would it have been to see Big Frank step up to the plate? Oh well. There's always game 4 tonight. :tongue:

downstairs
10-26-2005, 09:49 AM
How sweet would it have been to see Big Frank step up to the plate? Oh well. There's always game 4 tonight. :tongue:

You'd have to break quite a few MLB rules to get that done :cool:

(He's not on the roster. Not gonna happen.)

Theanticub
10-26-2005, 01:12 PM
I forgot one, almost time to quit smoking...which my friends and I made a pact if the Sox won the world series, we would all quit cold turkey.

D. TODD
10-26-2005, 01:47 PM
to watch game 4 and root for that last big win. I'm not looking ahead of that at all. It ain't over until it's over, as Yogi would say. Great job so far, I'll be on edge hoping that Freedy gets that last ultimate "W" tonight.

Layla
10-26-2005, 02:14 PM
To watch a team that actually is a team - each player contributing - no egos allowed.

To our children.

To the players from years past that never made it this far but still have Sox Pride.

SweetnesSox
10-26-2005, 02:33 PM
to one-up the cubbies

to gain some respect in the city

for people to realize there's two teams in chicago

to work on repeating.

Theanticub
10-26-2005, 02:33 PM
to one-up the cubbies

to gain some respect in the city

for people to realize there's two teams in chicago

to work on repeating.

Love the last one.

Uncle_Patrick
10-26-2005, 02:39 PM
to work on repeating.

Amen. To me, this is all that matters.

Mendoza Line
10-26-2005, 04:09 PM
To Shoeless Joe Jackson - The greatest player who ever donned the S.O.X. No single player or fan has endured more than him. I hope Joe is smiling down and watching with Sox Pride.

To Venezuela - I can only imagine the homecoming Ozzie and Freddy will get when they return home. I bet there are dozens of future Venezuelan hall of famers who were inspired to play because of them.

WSoxFanForever
10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
To see magic happen to Chicago and the Sox and all Sox fans...to see a dream come true...to shed a few tears...to have the greatest memory of my life outside of my family.

spawn
10-26-2005, 05:14 PM
to end 88 years futility

to prove once and for all that it's ok not to be a loveable loser

to bring baseball pride back to Chicago

to prove you don't have to buy a championship

for Kenny Williams to show Billy Beane how championship teams are built

Iwritecode
10-26-2005, 05:24 PM
...to ease his pain.

Cat Thief
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM