PDA

View Full Version : Melissa Isaacson: Baseball Guru (Teal)

Unregistered
10-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Unknown Blum becomes hero

By Melissa Isaacson
Tribune staff reporter

October 26, 2005, 1:59 AM CDT

HOUSTON -- Geoff who?

That had to be what Houston Astros fans were saying after the White Sox pinch hitter and the 21st man off the bench belted a solo home run off Astros reliever Ezequiel Astacio with two outs in the top of the 14th inning.

At least, those Astros fans who were still in attendance...

I'm pretty sure Astros fans remember a player they had for 2 years, as recently as 2003. Go back to the Bulls beat, Melissa. :rolleyes:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051025soxblumsidebar,1,6079156.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

EDIT: This probably belongs in "Whats the Score?" along with the other brilliant Tribune articles...

shoota II
10-26-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Astros fans remember a player they had for 2 years, as recently as 2003. Go back to the Bulls beat, Melissa. :rolleyes:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051025soxblumsidebar,1,6079156.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

EDIT: This probably belongs in "Whats the Score?" along with the other brilliant Tribune articles...

That's another embarrassing mistake about the game Melissa has committed. I feel bad for her.

She just doesn't know sports.

CaptainBallz
10-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Sepatown!!!!

fquaye149
10-26-2005, 09:53 AM
If it hadn't been for that awesome clutch hit, I probably would have blocked out the memory of Blum after this season.

And heck, I'm not a fairweather, football preferring, navel gazer like the fans it seemed were all over Minute Maid last night.

winitall
10-26-2005, 10:06 AM
This says a lot about the Tribune Sports editing as well - it's not just Melissa's mistake!

Unregistered
10-26-2005, 10:14 AM
If it hadn't been for that awesome clutch hit, I probably would have blocked out the memory of Blum after this season.

And heck, I'm not a fairweather, football preferring, navel gazer like the fans it seemed were all over Minute Maid last night.
Well, Blum was a starter for 2 years in Houston, had a couple of decent seasons and was a fairly popular player. In fact, he even had his own cheering section (Blum's Blondes).