PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Game Ever Played?

SOXintheBURGH
10-26-2005, 02:10 AM
It was?

I think so?

wsoxfan
10-26-2005, 02:15 AM
NO, not at all acutally! that game was pretty bad after about the 8th and it would've really sucked but thank God the Sox won. Sox bullpen allowed 10 walks and houston still couldn't score somehow...

Jjav829
10-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Nope. Not even the best game of the week. Game 2 was much better.

Banix12
10-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Yeah, actually if you are talking about the quality of the baseball that was played then it might have ranked among the worst played. However, for any white sox fan, this is quite possibly the greatest game ever played.

I like what Blackjack McDowell said on FOX after the game. They seem to be channelling all the play of sox teams past and tonight's game was "Winning Ugly".

SOXintheBURGH
10-26-2005, 02:24 AM
The game had everything you need to be a great game (as did Game 2, the second greatest game of all time).

Questionable calls? (Sure, if you want, complain your heart out!)

Dramatic at bats on both sides? (Yes!)

Balls out pitching from both sides? (Yes!)

Road team vs. America's Darling? (Yes!)

I have never in my life been more attached to this team than I was tonight..

Domeshot17
10-26-2005, 02:31 AM
I like what Blackjack McDowell said on FOX after the game. They seem to be channelling all the play of sox teams past and tonight's game was "Winning Ugly".

In Terms of Winning Ugly, I think we BEAT UGLY tonight. Qouting my girlfriend on Anasticio, (whom she called pistachio for a while) " That is by far, the ugliest man I have ever seen, When the Astros goto the bars and pick up girls after road games, he has to always end up with the fat-friend that is with the pretty women"

TDog
10-26-2005, 02:35 AM
In Terms of Winning Ugly, I think we BEAT UGLY tonight. Qouting my girlfriend on Anasticio, (whom she called pistachio for a while) " That is by far, the ugliest man I have ever seen, When the Astros goto the bars and pick up girls after road games, he has to always end up with the fat-friend that is with the pretty women"

I was able to start watching the game just before the bases-loaded walk, and I made a similar comment to someone else who was working late. Even Scotty Pippen and Mike Devereaux would look good next to this guy.

SoxFan78
10-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Not even close to the best game ever. 12 walks. Thats not good. The game should of ended in nine innings. We tried to give the game to them, but they tried harder to give it back to us.

Great emotional game? Yes
Great actual game? NO

mcfish
10-26-2005, 09:15 AM
In Terms of Winning Ugly, I think we BEAT UGLY tonight. Qouting my girlfriend on Anasticio, (whom she called pistachio for a while) " That is by far, the ugliest man I have ever seen, When the Astros goto the bars and pick up girls after road games, he has to always end up with the fat-friend that is with the pretty women"Did your girlfriend see Paul Byrd last week? He was circus-ugly.

SweetnesSox
10-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Did your girlfriend see Paul Byrd last week? He was circus-ugly. IMO, this guy makes paul byrd look like brad pitt. Gave me the heebee-jeebies

Uncle_Patrick
10-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Noooooo.......the game was pretty lame from the bottom of the 8th until the top of the 14th. Way too many walks, that horrible bunt situation with Podsednik, the Astro's offense being completely inept, Uribe's error, that's not stuff that makes a great game. I loved the outcome, but the game itself was frustrating.

bluestar
10-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Noooooo.......the game was pretty lame from the bottom of the 8th until the top of the 14th. Way too many walks, that horrible bunt situation with Podsednik, the Astro's offense being completely inept, Uribe's error, that's not stuff that makes a great game. I loved the outcome, but the game itself was frustrating.

I agree. It was probably one of the worst games of the season for the Sox, and it was definitely the worst performance in the post season so far. Uribe made three very uncharacteristic mistakes (misplayed grounder, the throw that hit Burke, and the misplayed bouncing ball late). I also thought Ozzie was guilty of overmanaging with the bullpen. I thought he should have left Politte in, despite the walk he issued. Then he essentially wasted Cotts by having him face only one batter. Our batters made Lidge and Qualls look unhittable. (Almost everything Lidge threw seemed to be a slider away, and we just couldn't seem to adjust.) We exhibited very poor offensive execution after the 5th inning until Blum hit the HR. As others have said, we almost looked like we wanted to give the game away, but Houston refused to take it. I'm delighted we won, but it was anything but a classic game.

kevingrt
10-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Very poorly played game, but the nervousness was crazy. I near about killedd myself five times during the game.

Game One and Game two were much better play games then this ugly affair, but right now anytime the Sox win is a good thing.

antitwins13
10-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Where are the mods saying not to put the "ever" tag on threads? Oh yeah they only do that to my posts...my bad.