PDA

View Full Version : What I've Learned

saltwater farmer
10-26-2005, 03:02 AM
1. It's only a controversy if it benefits the Sox.

2. Crede is so much more than clutch.

3. Jenks is a man.

4. El Duque es el hombre.

5. Marte has heart.

6. Buehrle is the soul of the pitching staff

7. Blum was the greatest trading deadline acquisition of all time.

8. The Pale Hose are for real.

Time to close it out, Freddy.

Let's Go, Go Go White Sox! Chicago is proud of you!

(and so is this Sox fan in Maine!)

:gulp:

Sox of White
10-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Word to that my friend. Well put.

Jjav829
10-26-2005, 03:18 AM
4. El Duque es el hombre.

So true. El Duque doesn't have the best control at times, but he's the smartest pitcher on the team. He just understands how to pitch in big situations and get big outs.

:worship: :elduque:

Unregistered
10-26-2005, 03:19 AM
I just learned from ESPN that the Astros are the first World Series team in 52 years not to have a black player on their roster.

Where's Scoop Jackson when you really need him?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-26-2005, 03:42 AM
7. Blum was the greatest trading deadline acquisition of all time.

Blum is Mr. October!!!

Griffey is out for the season.

:worship: Kenny Williams!!!
:worship:Ozzie Guillen!!!
:worship: Geoff Blum!!!

Fuller_Schettman
10-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Geez, could The Moron's backlog of crow possibly get any larger???
He was all over KW for "getting only Blum at the deadline"

Where's your Moses now?

akingamongstmen
10-26-2005, 08:34 AM
5. Marte has heart.

Yes he does. :cool:

chi_guy
10-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I thought Tavares was black.

daveeym
10-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Yes he does. :cool: But you know what is still scary about him, is that he walked off the field extremely pissed. What at? One can onlly guess it was A. himself, B. Ozzie for pulling him, C. Uribe. Any which way I couldn't believe it, he came out, pitched pretty well and got the job done, should have finished it except for Uribe's error but you know what, WHO GIVES A DAMN. He should have been extremely happy with himself and the state of the game at that point, maybe quietly introspective, but definitely not as upset as he was, cussing in spanish under his breath and talking to the demons in his head. I don't think they showed him walking into the dugout but I'm sure every guy in there congratulated him and was extremely excited for him. And there he is acting like he had a 'stros uniform on. Seriously, I think he must be the resident dark cloud on the team.

PaulDrake
10-26-2005, 09:45 AM
I just learned from ESPN that the Astros are the first World Series team in 52 years not to have a black player on their roster.

Where's Scoop Jackson when you really need him? With each passing year there are fewer and fewer African American MLB players. Football and basketball get all the play I guess.

fquaye149
10-26-2005, 09:50 AM
But you know what is still scary about him, is that he walked off the field extremely pissed. What at? One can onlly guess it was A. himself, B. Ozzie for pulling him, C. Uribe. Any which way I couldn't believe it, he came out, pitched pretty well and got the job done, should have finished it except for Uribe's error but you know what, WHO GIVES A DAMN. He should have been extremely happy with himself and the state of the game at that point, maybe quietly introspective, but definitely not as upset as he was, cussing in spanish under his breath and talking to the demons in his head. I don't think they showed him walking into the dugout but I'm sure every guy in there congratulated him and was extremely excited for him. And there he is acting like he had a 'stros uniform on. Seriously, I think he must be the resident dark cloud on the team.

Maybe he was pissed at himself for walking like 5 batters and throwing close to 50 pitches. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with his performance - you can't argue with a game 3 save, but this is a man who used to be lights out and still can't pitch nearly as effectively as he used to.

This is his last year on the Southside, I would guess. Let's just leave it at his effective performance.

SOX IN FOUR (I would love it if my first playoff prediction to be wrong came tomorrow)

yessssssss
10-26-2005, 09:53 AM
No way of telling what Marte's future with the Sox will be, but if they are going to keep him I think it's huge for him to have pitched again in the post season and pitched effectively. He would have had that appearance in Boston hanging over his head the entire off season had he not had some success last night.

It's a shame that he was pissed when he came off the hill. Hopefully he was just disappointed with himself for not closing it out. The overwhelming thing I've seen in this team is that these guys honestly don't seem to care who gets the big hit or the big strikeout or catch or whatever, as long as they win. It would be a shame to have a reliever thinking more about himself than the team.