PDA

View Full Version : How many minutes...

mike squires
10-26-2005, 03:01 AM
Do you think that lady went over on her cell phone?

mike squires
10-26-2005, 03:02 AM
WHere was Nolan after Blum hit the homer? they didn't show him again!

mike squires
10-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Someone forgot to tell the Astro's to turn their caps back to the right way and the rally cap did not work.

Craig Grebeck
10-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Seriously, what was with that crowd? Soooooo many annoyances...the women dressed as bees, the woman on the phone, the general yuppyness of it all...ug, it was like anaheim all over again

halfpricemonday
10-26-2005, 03:09 AM
The whole Houston WS crowd deserves a big :rolleyes: .

They do know umpires are allowed to call strikes on their players, right? And they must know that the reason their starters don't throw 81 pitch complete games is that sometimes their pitches end up outside the strike zone.

CJLove23
10-26-2005, 03:10 AM

I thought her battery was at least dead by the 14th inning!!!!

wsoxfan
10-26-2005, 03:12 AM
she was probably just taking advantage of her night and weekend minutes but seriously who the heck would be on the phone with her the whole time anyway? they kept showing that one baby a lot too for some reason :?:

CJLove23
10-26-2005, 03:15 AM
they kept showing that one baby a lot too for some reason :?:

I know! Then they acted like it was an Astros winner when the baby finally woke up :rolleyes:

ode to veeck
10-26-2005, 03:19 AM
I thought she shouldn't have left her Cubs garb at home

RealMenWearBlack
10-26-2005, 03:21 AM
she was probably just taking advantage of her night and weekend minutes but seriously who the heck would be on the phone with her the whole time anyway? they kept showing that one baby a lot too for some reason :?:

:tealtutor:

hawkeyesox17
10-26-2005, 03:21 AM

:tealpolice:

EDIT: DANG!!! Somebody beat me to it again....my car is just too slow. :D:

chisox56
10-26-2005, 03:37 AM
all the people behind home plate kept raising their arms and yelling whenever a pitch was against the astros, it was getting annoying watching them after every pitch by oswalt.

Fred Manrique
10-26-2005, 10:52 AM
If I was Biggio or Bagwell and the team I played for made bumble-bee noises when I came up to bat in the World Series I'd be pretty embarassed.

JorgeFabregas
10-26-2005, 10:56 AM
That lady on the phone seemed very concerned. I'm not sure if it was because of the game or because of the conversation she was having. Either way, just looking at her stressed me out.

downstairs
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM

How many minutes....

....could Fox have spent providing solid analysis of a freaking World Series game that was going on in front of her?

Deuce
10-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Anyone have a pic of this lady... perferably when she was freaking out in the 14th inning. Almost as good as the female Cubs fan crying after the Cubs blew their lead in the '93 NLCS. Almost.

Deuce

Dick Allen
10-26-2005, 11:13 AM
This woman was yelling "Go Astros" as she was on her cell phone. The idiot on the other end of the line must have enjoyed that.

Dick Allen
10-26-2005, 11:14 AM
I thought her battery was at least dead by the 14th inning!!!!Actually it was her brain that was dead but her lips kept moving.

tdh11
10-26-2005, 11:14 AM
She was doing "buisness" at 1:45 in the morning, give her a break

jackbrohamer
10-26-2005, 11:15 AM
....could Fox have spent providing solid analysis of a freaking World Series game that was going on in front of her?

And what exactly does it add for Fox to show ugly people in the crowd between every freaking pitch???? :angry:

BNLSox
10-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Who was the attractive Sox fan? Was that Pods fiancee? Or just some cutie?

There should be a rule that if a team is up 3-0 the fourth game is announced by their home announcers. How could they have overlooked such an obvious parameter. Selig, make it happen!

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 11:22 AM
And what exactly does it add for Fox to show ugly people in the crowd between every freaking pitch???? :angry:
We need more PrisonBreak promos! What time is it on again?

:)

dmac
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM

she has one of the cell phone batteries used on the Fox series "24".

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Seriously, what was with that crowd? Soooooo many annoyances...the women dressed as bees, the woman on the phone, the general yuppyness of it all...ug, it was like anaheim all over again

I thought the crowd overall was very average noise-wise. Of course, I was at a bar so i couldnt hear it very well but the crowd didnt really seem to excited. Joe Buck, I think it was him, even said the crown was really quiet at one point.

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Who was the attractive Sox fan? Was that Pods fiancee? Or just some cutie?

There should be a rule that if a team is up 3-0 the fourth game is announced by their home announcers. How could they have overlooked such an obvious parameter. Selig, make it happen!

I thought that was Garlands woman. I know she's a hottie.

tdh11
10-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Garlands girl has an asian look to her..

The two hotties i saw were:
at the end (blonde) standing near the dugout
burnette shown somewhere in the 11-14 inning standing alone with black sweatshirt

I heard on ESPNRadio thats Pods girl is a model or something

WI-SOX-FAN
10-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone have a pic of this lady... perferably when she was freaking out in the 14th inning. Almost as good as the female Cubs fan crying after the Cubs blew their lead in the '93 NLCS. Almost.

Deuce

there is absolutely nothing that can beat that moment of the cubs blowing it ... go BARTMAN !!! that was a great moment for sox fans !!!

well that is except for the 2005 WORLD CHAMPION SOX !!!!

tdh11
10-26-2005, 12:12 PM
I thought the crowd overall was very average noise-wise. Of course, I was at a bar so i couldnt hear it very well but the crowd didnt really seem to excited. Joe Buck, I think it was him, even said the crown was really quiet at one point.

Maybe its me but when the crowd chants its sounds like "lets go ass-holes"

Baby Fisk
10-26-2005, 12:13 PM
there is absolutely nothing that can beat that moment of the cubs blowing it ... go BARTMAN !!! that was a great moment for sox fans !!!

Actually, no. That was a great moment for obsessive Cub Haters. That's not who we are here.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-26-2005, 12:14 PM
she has one of the cell phone batteries used on the Fox series "24".

<Cue Jackson Brown..."Running On Empty">

cheeses_h_rice
10-26-2005, 01:09 PM
That lady on the phone seemed very concerned. I'm not sure if it was because of the game or because of the conversation she was having. Either way, just looking at her stressed me out.

I wanted to fling my remote through the TV every time Fox pulled a Nostril Cam closeup on her.

:angry:

CHEESESOXER
10-26-2005, 01:12 PM

Probably the one at home too.:D:

eriqjaffe
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I heard on ESPNRadio thats Pods girl is a model or somethingYes, Pods is dating (engaged to?) Lisa Dergan.

http://www.lisadergan.com/

Some of the content there is just barely SFW.

Now, if you find Jeff Bagwell's ex-wife's site, THAT is NSFW.

tacosalbarojas
10-26-2005, 01:55 PM

burnette shown somewhere in the 11-14 inning standing alone with black sweatshirt

I heard on ESPNRadio thats Pods girl is a model or somethingOddly enough that's because she is Asian. Gar dates that softball player from UCLA, Lovie Jung.

tacosalbarojas
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
There should be a rule that if a team is up 3-0 the fourth game is announced by their home announcers. How could they have overlooked such an obvious parameter. Selig, make it happen!We need to get this done!!!

CHEESESOXER
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
If I was Biggio or Bagwell and the team I played for made bumble-bee noises when I came up to bat in the World Series I'd be pretty embarassed.

http://www.dairyqueen.com/IDQNet/KillerBee.asx (http://www.dairyqueen.com/IDQNet/KillerBee.asx)

:D:

itsnotrequired
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
I wanted to fling my remote through the TV every time Fox pulled a Nostril Cam closeup on her.

:angry:

I'm still trying to figure out who the hell she was. Just some fan? A player's wife?

Pointless...

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM

They can have all the Killer Bees they want. I love the Killer EEEs, BuerhlEEE, CredEEE, PauliEEE, ScottiEEE, GeoffrEEE. :cool:

mattcoz
10-26-2005, 02:40 PM
They can have all the Killer Bees they want. I love the Killer EEEs, BuerhlEEE, CredEEE, PauliEEE, ScottiEEE, GeoffrEEE. :cool:IguchEEE, PierzynskEEE, FreddEEE, BobbEEE, UrEEEbe, WilliEEE, TEEEmo, PollEEEte, KennEEE, and of course OzziEEE! :D:

Argalarga
10-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Astros fans...boy, I don't know.

Seriously, they were acting like they were at an Antiques Roadshow, not a World friggin Series.

tdh11
10-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes, Pods is dating (engaged to?) Lisa Dergan.

http://www.lisadergan.com/

Some of the content there is just barely SFW.

Now, if you find Jeff Bagwell's ex-wife's site, THAT is NSFW.

I dont think that was the girl at the then of the game but yeah shes hot

GregoryEtc
10-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Anyone have a pic of this lady... perferably when she was freaking out in the 14th inning.

Couldn't find a pic of the lady... but I did find a pic of who she was talking to...

:cleo
"Just $3.99 a minute for yo' psychic play by play, mon. But even Miss Cleo dinn't see dat Blum home run a'comin'."

power98
10-26-2005, 03:08 PM
This woman was yelling "Go Astros" as she was on her cell phone. The idiot on the other end of the line must have enjoyed that.

She's a Cubs fan.
Battery? She wasn't talking to anyone. She just wanted to look cool. She saw it on WGN and wanted to be JUST LIKE THE FANS AT WRIGLEY.
The FOX broadcast team (and for once I won't slam McCarver individually) are complete idiots for showing her any more than one time. Makes me wonder why they kept doing it.
I'm gonna have fun banana farming at Skip's tonight....only one left! :supernana:

asindc
10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
The FOX broadcast team (and for once I won't slam McCarver individually) are complete idiots for showing her any more than one time. Makes me wonder why they kept doing it.

She was probably the most animated fan they could find in those late extra innings. At first, I thought it was a babysitter "you're getting double pay" call, but after the third shot of her, I thought the producer just found her the most interesting. Don't forget, the FOX people were getting weary as well. Not defending them, mind you, just speculation.

MisterB
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM

I heard on ESPNRadio thats Pods girl is a model or something

You mean these two?

tdh11
10-26-2005, 04:40 PM
You mean these two?

Yep those are the two.. the first one could be JG's girl ...hard to tell
The second one kinda looks like pods girl...but a little too young

maurice
10-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Seriously, they were acting like they were at an Antiques Roadshow, not a World friggin Series.

Bizarre people. They boo like crazy if an Astros pitcher bounces one in the 4th inning and the ump has the temerity to call it a "ball," but they're dead silent with Astros on base in extra innings.
:rolleyes:

mike squires
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Yep those are the two.. the first one could be JG's girl ...hard to tell
The second one kinda looks like pods girl...but a little too young

NO, that is definately not Jon's significant other. She's asian and older.

WSoxFanForever
10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Who goes to the first WS game ever to be played in your home town and talks on the phone???

Dick Allen
10-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Who goes to the first WS game ever to be played in your home town and talks on the phone???If the Cubs ever make it to the WS, that's what it would be, wall-to-wall.