PDA

View Full Version : DC Area Meet for October 26, 2005!!!

Tempe
10-26-2005, 02:38 AM
I work until 7 eastern, but I could barely squeak in Buffalo Billiards at 8:30 for gametime. Lucky me is off of work on Thursday :D

Anyone else up for a meet for the sweep?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Tempe/Pix%20For%20Forums/sweep.gif

Tempe

FJA
10-26-2005, 02:42 AM
I have class until 8, I should be there by 8:30.

Let's fill the place! :bandance:

Iggster
10-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Glad you found this place Tempe.....wow my first post...... glad you found a place in DC to celebrate.

LETS GO WHITE SOX!

WHERE IS MY BROOM!!!

Tempe
10-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Glad you found this place Tempe.....wow my first post...... glad you found a place in DC to celebrate.

LETS GO WHITE SOX!

WHERE IS MY BROOM!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Tempe/Pix%20For%20Forums/lookitsanewbie.jpg

I'm glad you finally made it into WSI!!!

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Of course I will be at Buffalo Billiards -- which is just off of Dupont Circle, take the Dupoont Circle exit off of the Red Line and not the Q street exit-- I will be coming with one more hard core Sox fan.

I already have the "Sox flu". <g>

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 12:06 PM
So DC area Sox fans, do we have a roll call for Buffalo Billiards?

I will be there with one other. FJA will get there just around game time. Tempe will be there too. So we have a foursome, good for golf but I think we can find a few other Sox fans in the area to join us.

:gulp::gulp::gulp:

Glebe
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
If my dad has the energy after last night to come in from Towson, there'll be two more, plus maybe a coworker. Although I have to admit, after 3 hours of sleep it could be hard to get him down if only 4 people are going to be there. Anyone else in so I can try to sway him?

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM
If my dad has the energy after last night to come in from Towson, there'll be two more, plus maybe a coworker. Although I have to admit, after 3 hours of sleep it could be hard to get him down if only 4 people are going to be there. Anyone else in so I can try to sway him?

Glebe, I think there will much more than the 4 of us. For Game #1, we had 18 people confirmed from this message board and the official one. We had over 50 Sox fans -- not all WSIers or official Board posters but we had at least 15 WSIers and their friends.

We also agreed on Saturday to return to Buffalo Billiards for any clincher. My guess for the reason of the lack of posts is: a) it was already decided on Saturday where we will meet up, and b) last night's game was just a bit long. <g>.

Finally, Glebe if you look back at the starter of the thread (Tempe) is coming down from Westminster. Maybe you can ride together. Perhaps send him a private message.

I look forward to seeing you at Buffalo Billiards tonight for what could be our finest night ever.

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

asindc
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
I have an HOA meeting tonight. It depends on how long that drags. I was one of the die-hards who stayed up through the entire game last night, so I'm running on fumes as it is. So it's 50/50 for me. Oh well, thank goodness for TIVO!

vafan
10-26-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm planning on coming, but I'm not sure my Sox fan friend Peter can. Can someone look up Arnold Fege and send him an e-mail? Remember, the guy who led Take Me Out to the Ballgame song, and who had the great t-shirt.

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm planning on coming, but I'm not sure my Sox fan friend Peter can. Can someone look up Arnold Fege and send him an e-mail? Remember, the guy who led Take Me Out to the Ballgame song, and who had the great t-shirt.

vafan, is he on this list or on the White Sox board?

SoxFan64
10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
As of 5:00 pm, Besides the five already mentioned we have two more from the White Sox Message Board. We will lose a few because of the mid-week timing and last night's late ending but we should have a crowd of 15-20 hard core Sox fans.

Could be a historic night for us.

FJA
10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm going to bump this one more time ... RSVP if you still can, but if not, hope you can make it out. I probably have a few coming with me as well.

Frank

DCSoxFan
10-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Awright, I'm in! Might not be there for the first pitch, but count me in plus one.

soxfan26
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Sorry guys, I'm going to watch this one with my Dad. Enjoy the game!

DC Sox Fan
10-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry guys, I'm going to watch this one with my Dad. Enjoy the game!

Amen to that. I want to be there, but priority #1 is to share this moment with the folks who raised me to be Sox fans. I might make it for other games, but I hope not to have to :cool:

Tempe
10-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm about to get off of I-95. Gf is coming with. Soxfan64 have your ASL ready!

Tempe
10-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Wow what a night! I'm glad I came!!!

Go Go White Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!