PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Watch ESPN now

WSoxFanForever
10-26-2005, 01:28 AM
As the mouthpieces cry because we won, they are actually talking about how the Sox have "blown" their leads TWICE now in two days, ignoring that we were down this game to begin with and had to come back twice...lol. JB is crying that "when you have to go to the bp that early, like the Astros did, you're goign to lose games" (i am paraphrasing). Guess what, idiot? We went to the bp early too, and we had to use Marte and we still won. I swear, JB will cry as soon as the camera shuts off. THis is hilarious. Since we're doing so well, I can watch it tonight and laugh rather than getting angry :)

DaleJRFan
10-26-2005, 01:28 AM
And the Astros have won ZERO games. **** ESPN.

FarWestChicago
10-26-2005, 01:31 AM
LOLOL!! They are showing "roof stats" during Scrap Heap's post game interview.

kjhanson
10-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Brantley's most recent statement: "I'm not sure that the White Sox are better than the Astros" Reminds me of what the Royals and Tigers said all year. Oh well, I'd rather be up 3-0 in the World Series than be better than anyone anyways.

JorgeFabregas
10-26-2005, 01:40 AM
LOLOL!! They are showing "roof stats" during Scrap Heap's post game interview.
I loved Kenny's comment on the roof subject. Something to the effect of "It's going to be open? Good. They seem to think they get some magical powers from having it closed."

Clembasbal
10-26-2005, 01:41 AM
Brantley's most recent statement: "I'm not sure that the White Sox are better than the Astros"

Did he really say this, oh man what a total duschebag.

elrod
10-26-2005, 01:51 AM
Well, Phil Garner can clue Brantley in on why the Sox are better. When the Astro pitchers make mistakes, the Sox crush it. When the Astro pitchers make great pitches, the Sox foul it off. When the Sox pitchers make mistakes, the Astros foul it off. When the Sox pitchers make great pitches, the Astros hit the ball meekly to a fielder. We executed better, even though we made 3 errors.

ode to veeck
10-26-2005, 01:52 AM
watching Gammons foaming at the mouth on the Sox ... priceless

Lip Man 1
10-26-2005, 01:53 AM
One thing West and I agree on is our contempt for ESPN. Do yourself a favor, watch Comcast Sports Chicago instead.

Lip

BayAreaSoxFan
10-26-2005, 01:55 AM
oooooooeeeeeeeeoooooooo

"the sox are just ONE win away from erasing the CURSE OF SHOELESS JOE"

ooooooeeeeeeeooooooooo:bundy

rwcescato
10-26-2005, 02:03 AM
oooooooeeeeeeeeoooooooo

WHAT CURSE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT@!!!! We don't have one. The media wants us to believe that but we don't have one. We are just 27 outs away from 88 years of crap thats all it is.
GO SOX!!!!!!!!:supernana:

Besides its the crap park that kept the Astors from winning. A normal park would have scored 2 runs on the double down the 3rd base line. But ibstead 1 lousy run. It must have been the roof.:)

Iggster
10-26-2005, 02:03 AM
ESPN never covered the Sox like they should have the whole season. The only time they started to cover them was at the end when they started to "choke" as they said.

After game 2 of the ALCS vs the Los Angelos Angels of Anehiem (Did i spell any of those correctly? lol) My friends and I (who share the same views about ESPN's coverage of the sox, stood behind the ESPN doing a story in his chair and were booing them, telling them to get out of our city, etc etc (in not as nice words though) ;)

Why can't they just suck it up and be man enough to admit we are the best team in baseball!!!

Shafe72
10-26-2005, 02:06 AM
F.e.s.p.n.

SluggersAway
10-26-2005, 02:09 AM
HAHA Chris Berman, HAHA Larry Bowa, HAHA Harold Reynolds, HAHA HAHA.

Nothing you can say can redeem your ridiculous ruminations. They have all been proven wrong!

kevin57
10-26-2005, 02:19 AM
I get burned up at ESPN's "analysis" as much as anyone else...:angry:

but consider how much more pathetic they look with each and every Sox victory.:bs:

Enjoy!

peeonwrigley
10-26-2005, 02:20 AM
I loved Kenny's comment on the roof subject. Something to the effect of "It's going to be open? Good. They seem to think they get some magical powers from having it closed."

:rolling:

I love it.

Banix12
10-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Actually the fun of watching the ESPN coverage is the constant replay of Phil Garner throwing his chair. Making him angry is just the icing on the cake. What a miserable excuse for a human being.

WSoxFanForever
10-26-2005, 02:30 AM
I love watching ESPN when the Sox are one game away from winning it all. I saw the roof stats too and just starting laughing so hard that my dog barked at me. They never mentioned the blown call homerun either, but I'm in too good a mood to do anything but grin. I'm considering them my Comedy Central tonight and may never get to sleep at this rate. Having too much fun :)

ode to veeck
10-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Garner on the post game: " I am really pissed off"

I love it, cause he really is; looked lke he coulda started throwing more chairs at the post game interview

CJLove23
10-26-2005, 02:45 AM

I love it, cause he really is; looked lke he coulda started throwing more chairs at the post game interview

Gosh that would have been hilarious! I could actually picture that too!!

Banix12
10-26-2005, 02:52 AM

I think I can hear Hawk laughing his brains out at Garner from here.

TheUglyStepChild
10-26-2005, 03:39 AM
I heard Ozzie said "They can close the roof and build another one on top of it, I don't care. We're here to play baseball"

I hope that is true.

GO SOX

Erik The Red
10-26-2005, 03:47 AM
oooooooeeeeeeeeoooooooo

Be careful when you decide to jump off the bandwagon, I hear that first step is a bitch.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Brantley's most recent statement: "I'm not sure that the White Sox are better than the Astros" Reminds me of what the Royals and Tigers said all year. Oh well, I'd rather be up 3-0 in the World Series than be better than anyone anyways.
This stuff amuses me to no end. With one more victory, the Sox will achieve the one goal that every team in March sets out for: to be champions. Yet somehow, these clowns, don't believe that a 162 game season, and three playoff series, settle nothing.

mccoydp
10-26-2005, 06:39 AM

I'd be pissed off, too, if I managed a game as ****ty as Garner did last night, and then rip into the team afterward for losing.

Classy.:cool:

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 07:35 AM
One thing West and I agree on is our contempt for ESPN. Do yourself a favor, watch Comcast Sports Chicago instead.

Lip

If only that was an option for me...

ode to veeck
10-26-2005, 07:38 AM
KNBR's Mike & Mike in the Morning (ESPN Radio):

"Show me a flaw on this team. This is clearly the best team in the playoffs and shame on America for not knowing it!"

Pulaski
10-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Actually the fun of watching the ESPN coverage is the constant replay of Phil Garner throwing his chair. Making him angry is just the icing on the cake. What a miserable excuse for a human being.

Now that was PRICELESS!

Hokiesox
10-26-2005, 08:32 AM

"Show me a flaw on this team. This is clearly the best team in the playoffs and shame on America for not knowing it!"

M&M were very complimentary to the Sox this morning.

Pulaski
10-26-2005, 08:33 AM

But, they were still talking about the roof again this morning. Enough is enough!

PaulDrake
10-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Brantley's most recent statement: "I'm not sure that the White Sox are better than the Astros" Reminds me of what the Royals and Tigers said all year. Oh well, I'd rather be up 3-0 in the World Series than be better than anyone anyways. The genius who picked the Twins on April 23.

SoxFan78
10-26-2005, 09:01 AM
After Brantley's ridiculous and clear personal attack against the White Sox, how can this clown still have a job on ESPN next year?

"I can't say the White Sox are clearly better then the Astros"

I can see this this statement when the WS first starts. But when this statement is uttered out of that fat asses mouth minutes after the Sox take game three?

Go **** yourself Jeff Brantley.

credefan24
10-26-2005, 09:06 AM
This Brantley character sure makes me laugh. WE ARE 1 WIN AWAY FROM THE WORLD SERIES!!! And he "isn't sure?"! hahaha!! I am in SUCH a good mood this morning, I have to laugh at morons like this.

Last night my mom says to my dad, "Why is that coach throwing a chair?" To which my dad replied, "because he sucks." Love it.

Like another poster rightfully said, 27 outs away from 87 years of crap!

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 09:13 AM
I think the Astros and Sox are very similar teams. They may not be light years better, but they are better.

wdelaney72
10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
I missed the whole chair throwing thing. After the game was over I had to go to sleep. I assume he did this during the press conference.

Is there footage of the press conference anywhere? What question prompted him to have the tantrum?

tebman
10-26-2005, 09:18 AM
I missed the whole chair throwing thing. After the game was over I had to go to sleep. I assume he did this during the press conference.

No, it was in the dugout right after Blum's HR. He was doing a slow burn in the press conference.

It was funny to watch, though. With the history the Sox have with him, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :tongue:

SOXFAN_in_WI
10-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Are there E-mail accounts for these clowns like Brantle, Reynolds and the rest of the tools on ESPN? I know they probably won't read or won't care, but it would be fun to have every person on here, send dozens of emails to each of them and flood there mail boxes.

winitall
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Not only are the Sox up 3-0 in the World Series, don't forget they swept ESPN's beloved Red Sox 3-0 and beat the Angels 4-1 (although ESPN would tell you they had to cheat to do that . . .). 10-1 playoff record is not too shabby.

Obviously, there is no way for the Sox to prove themselves to the ESPN "experts" - but who cares??? It's more entertaining this way, and my friends and I get to have more fun yelling at the TV!

The Critic
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM

That postgame presser was Ditka-esque.
HARD stares, showing blatant disgust, short answers "Phil, do you feel like your team had an adequate book on Geoff Blum? .....yes." :redneck

sox_fan_forever
10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Obviously, there is no way for the Sox to prove themselves to the ESPN "experts" - but who cares???

Exactly. I couldn't care less about the media at this point. Isn't this the way it should be anyway? The Sox are winning for us, the fans who have followed them all along and lived and died by them. So the media doesn't appreciate it...I'm not sure they deserve to 'cause they haven't believed in the Sox all along like we have. Ignore the media. They aren't important.

spawn
10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by kjhanson

Well, he did pick the Astros to win this series. I remember after we won game 2, he was sitting smug and saying that the Astros were home for the next three, and they'd be ok. I also remember him saying that Lidge didn't lose game 2, that it was Wheeler for walking Iguchi (and he had a hard time pronouncing his name!). He seemed visibly upset about it as well. And getting back to him not thinking the Sox are better than the 'stros...the Sox had the best record in the AL, the second best in all of baseball, they swept the defending champion Red Sox, took 4 of 5 from the Angels, and are up 3-0 on the 'stros, who beat the Braves (who you can always count on exiting early in the playoffs), and a banged up Cardinals team. How that guy is stll an analyst on ESPN is beyond me. His insight is pure comedic gold!

dzipio
10-26-2005, 09:54 AM
I wonder if anyone can put together a year long "highlight reel" of these geniuses badmouthing the Sox. I would line up to buy it.:supernana:

ElevenUp
10-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Last night my mom says to my dad, "Why is that coach throwing a chair?" To which my dad replied, "because he sucks." Love it.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

voodoochile
10-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Same old same old...

Guy at work last night says, "Sox Suck." He was just talking trash, but I asked him if by the word suck he meant "up 2-0 in the World Series and leading game 3 5-4 in the 8th?"

You know the Sox aren't THAT much better than the Astros, both teams are good. They wouldn't be here if they weren't. But (and like mine, it's a big one) the Sox are enough better to make the difference in a close hard fought series.

The problem again lies with that paper versus field issue. The Sox are better on the field than every team in baseball because they play together, they play with heart, they execute, they don't make many mistakes, they scratch and claw for every run and to prevent every run, they have the best pitching staff top to bottom in the majors and they never ever give up.

Let the experts ask "How are they doing this?" It only belies their ignorance and proves they don't understand historic baseball, merely the last decade or so of juiced baseball...

scottjanssens
10-26-2005, 10:47 AM
That postgame presser was Ditka-esque.
HARD stares, showing blatant disgust, short answers "Phil, do you feel like your team had an adequate book on Geoff Blum? .....yes." :redneck

It was more Mora-esque, but without the swearing. He basically called out his players and said the sucked. He's right, of course, but that's just poor form.

mrfourni
10-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Same old same old...

Guy at work last night says, "Sox Suck." He was just talking trash, but I asked him if by the word suck he meant "up 2-0 in the World Series and leading game 3 5-4 in the 8th?"

You know the Sox aren't THAT much better than the Astros, both teams are good. They wouldn't be here if they weren't. But (and like mine, it's a big one) the Sox are enough better to make the difference in a close hard fought series.

The problem again lies with that paper versus field issue. The Sox are better on the field than every team in baseball because they play together, they play with heart, they execute, they don't make many mistakes, they scratch and claw for every run and to prevent every run, they have the best pitching staff top to bottom in the majors and they never ever give up.

Let the experts ask "How are they doing this?" It only belies their ignorance and proves they don't understand historic baseball, merely the last decade or so of juiced baseball...

great post

thepaulbowski
10-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Memo to Garner: Bobby Knight does a better chair toss than you. :cool:

guyinleftfield
10-26-2005, 12:33 PM
ESPN sucks ass. All the so called experts don't know ****. This club spent all season in 1st, won the division by 6, knocking out Cleveland in the process, sweep the defending World Champions, won 3 in a row on the west coast, where they have struggled, are now 1 win from the World Championship, and ESPN missed this story all year. Ha ha ha Berman you fat loser. Does anyone else hate Joe Buck and Tim McCarver as much as I do? Don't worry I know the answer.

Ol' No. 2
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Let the experts ask "How are they doing this?" It only belies their ignorance and proves they don't understand historic baseball, merely the last decade or so of juiced baseball...Bingo. Players from a generation ago would have no problem understanding why the Sox are winning. Nor would players from 50 years or 100 years ago. The "experts" have gotten lazy. They don't even bother to find out what players are on the team. They just count up the number of 'roided up freaks, and the team with the most is proclaimed the favorite.

Chisox353014
10-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Brantley's most recent statement: "I'm not sure that the White Sox are better than the Astros" Reminds me of what the Royas and Tigers said all year. Oh well, I'd rather be up 3-0 in the World Series than be better than anyone anyways.

Brantley has been a very valuable tool (and I emphasize the word "tool") for predicting what will happen to the Sox this year, as everything he's said has been 100% wrong.
Pick the Twins to win the Central even after the Sox get off to the best start in team history? Say we're going to be crying in our beer? WRONG
Pick the Indians to win the Central with two weeks left in the season? WRONG
Pick against us in three straight playoff series? soon to be WRONG
Say we're still not better than the Astros while we hold a 3-0 lead and a 10-1 playoff record so far? soon to be WRONG

If I was a betting man, I'd have made a killing this season just doing the exact opposite of Mr. Mullet.

1951Campbell
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
This stuff amuses me to no end. With one more victory, the Sox will achieve the one goal that every team in March sets out for: to be champions. Yet somehow, these clowns, don't believe that a 162 game season, and three playoff series, settle nothing.

With a win today, the Sox will have gone 11-1 in the playoffs. I'm no ESPN analyst, but I hear that's pretty good.

Argalarga
10-26-2005, 01:48 PM

I almost threw my beer at the TV when Brantley said that.

Then I remembered we're 1 game away, and I opened another one.

:gulp:

itsnotrequired
10-26-2005, 02:08 PM
With a win today, the Sox will have gone 11-1 in the playoffs. I'm no ESPN analyst, but I hear that's pretty good.

It would tie the 1999 Yankees for best performance in the playoffs since the Wild Card was introduced.

I'm no analyst either but I seem to recall that being a very good team...

EastCoastSoxFan
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM
You'll never be an ESPN analyst now; with that piece of insight you have officially branded yourself as over-qualified...

BayAreaSoxFan
10-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Be careful when you decide to jump off the bandwagon, I hear that first step is a bitch.

You know I was making fun of Berman, and I know that there is no "curse" right?:redneck

BayAreaSoxFan
10-26-2005, 03:06 PM
WHAT CURSE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT@!!!! We don't have one. The media wants us to believe that but we don't have one. We are just 27 outs away from 88 years of crap thats all it is.
GO SOX!!!!!!!!:supernana:

Besides its the crap park that kept the Astors from winning. A normal park would have scored 2 runs on the double down the 3rd base line. But ibstead 1 lousy run. It must have been the roof.:)

hell yeah it couldn't have possibly have been that the white sox played better....no way its the roof that determines a champ

:rolling:

maurice
10-26-2005, 04:43 PM
2004: Boston sweeps the Cardinals in the WS
2005: Sox on pace to sweep the Astros in the WS

The NL is extremely overrated. I bet the not-good-enough-to-make-the-playoffs-from-the-AL Jndjans would clobber the Astros in a 7-game series. How impressive do those NL ERAs look now?

Banix12
10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Memo to Garner: Bobby Knight does a better chair toss than you. :cool:

For it to be up to Bobby Knight quality he would have had to have thrown it accross the infield, not down the dugout tunnel.