PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

HotelWhiteSox
10-25-2005, 11:41 PM
when we'll see the 50 extra replays and 30 minute exposes on the HR that wasn't? You know since it's the only "controversial" call that directly cost a team a run, unlike the Dye foul which was microscoped...

HotelWhiteSox
10-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Well, it already has screwed us as the game would've been over, but now we go into extras. Let's go boys, we can overcome, win this ****ing game!!

bbadger2002
10-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Why no talk about that astros home-run call that was blown? I'm not one who generally gripes about a missed call one way or the other, but had the umpires called this game correctly, this game very well would have been over by now in the Sox favor.

I know Fox has bills to pay, but don't Buck and company have any balls?

Go Sox

Soxboyrob
10-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Why no talk about that astros home-run call that was blown? I'm not one who generally gripes about a missed call one way or the other, but had the umpires called this game correctly, this game very well would have been over by now in the Sox favor.
Go Sox

That's my question. Why no handwringing. Why no slew of replays? The umps truly did take this one from us, since my scorebook has us winning 5-4 at the end of 9 innings. Not complaining about the call, mind you, but wondering where the outrage is by Buck.

SouthSoxFan
10-26-2005, 12:38 AM
You can be sure that if that was a Crede home run ball, we'd have seen it replayed about 20 times by now.

By the way, the Astros fans sure seem quiet during their rallies the last two innings. It almost like they expect to blow this game.

AnkleSox
10-26-2005, 02:54 AM
How about pettites balk on sunday? Or the ball that actually did hit Jermaine tonight but wasn't called?

The fact is, even with 2 calls blatantly against them tonight, as well as one of the most inconsistent strike zones ever for both sides, the white sox STILL came out w/ the WIN.

That just proves that they have what it takes, and maybe the other teams that can't overcome some bad calls don't.

Screw the haters.

Banix12
10-26-2005, 03:05 AM
I actually like that the sox overcame these blown calls. When the white sox got the breaks in this postseason run the opponents in just about every situation fell apart and started crying foul. Tonight it happened to the sox and they overcame it. fantastic.

ElevenUp
10-26-2005, 03:10 AM
That's the difference between this White Sox team and all the others. They don't whine or cry about bad calls, they just go out there and make up the difference. Imagine the clamour had that been a White Sox "home run". That's what gets me about Buck and McGarver, none of the "controversial calls" that went the Sox way led directly to a run being scored, yet they offer no qualms when the Astros get a run that is a direct result of a blown call. With every single one of the Sox "controversies" someone still had to come through in the clutch. When Houston gets a gift run, where is the outrage?

batmanZoSo
10-26-2005, 03:16 AM
No, we won't ever hear about it again, even though it was the worst, most blatant and costly umpring mistake of the entire playoffs and it happened to us. We don't complain about bad calls, we just win despite them.

Banix12
10-26-2005, 03:21 AM
No, we won't ever hear about it again, even though it was the worst, most blatant and costly umpring mistake of the entire playoffs and it happened to us. We don't complain about bad calls, we just win despite them.

Yeah, when you think about it, tonight's gaffe was the first umpiring mistake that led directly to a run being scored. Every other time a batter had to go up after the play and take advantage.

Vernam
10-26-2005, 03:30 AM
Yeah, when you think about it, tonight's gaffe was the first umpiring mistake that led directly to a run being scored. Every other time a batter had to go up after the play and take advantage.God showed his wrath toward Buck and FOX by letting the game go 14 innings after those *******s swept the bad home run call under the rug. I don't know why someone who clearly has no passion for the game would have taken it up as a profession, unless he just has "daddy issues." What a spiteful little **** he is, the exact opposite of his father.

Vernam

HotelWhiteSox
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah, when you think about it, tonight's gaffe was the first umpiring mistake that led directly to a run being scored. Every other time a batter had to go up after the play and take advantage.

Especially since Garland got the next 3 out easily, and Lane would've been stranded at 2nd, would've saved our bullpen, but whatever, I'm glad they overcame (it says a lot about this team, something we already knew about), and the only thing that matters is the win. The only thing is how annoying it was to have to hear about the AJ strike and Dye HBP 20 million times and have it used to make the White Sox look bush league or as they were handed a game, which was absolute bull****, and then not have anymore mention of this.