PDA

View Full Version : Joe Buck Hate Club Sign UP!!!

chez742002
10-25-2005, 10:37 PM
If you hate Joe Buck and his play by play as much as I do, write FOX Sports or call them at (310)369-9111!! He is by far the most bias play by play man I have ever listened to. It is too bad there is a delay on Fox, otherwise I would listen to Rooney and Farmer!! It is real hard to mute all the sound off my TV, but I cannot deal with that weasel anymore. He, not only, openly roots for the Astros, he roots against the White Sox!! He is a joke and HE IS NOT DOING HIS JOB!! I would rather listen to Chris Berman or even Milo Hamilton (Astros Home Play by Play man), than listen to Buck!!

If anyone agrees with me, call Fox sports at the number I gave you (it allows you to leave complaints on voice mail) or write them at www.foxsports.com (http://www.foxsports.com)!! Fox and Weasel Joe Buck, need to know Sox fans are many, one voice and angry. Fox needs to know that White Sox fans do not like, nor deserve this type of broadcasting. We have waited too long for someone to degrade OUR CHAMPS, especially when he has no clue about them!!! The job of a National Play by Play man is to call the game without bias or favorites and he has done neither. This should not go on without consequences. Tell Fox sports that Sox fans will boycott Fox, all of it's programming, movies and all of the businesses that have commercials on the station. This has gone on too long and it needs to be taken care of. All Buck has done is belittle the Sox accomplishments and say that the Umpires are the reason the Sox are where they are!!! So, band together Sox fans and show Fox what we are: REAL BASEBALL FANS and consumers. We have power when we are 1!! White Sox Interactive has many members and when we speak as 1 voice, we are powerful!! So show Fox we mean business and that we are not going to take it anymore!!

What is Guillen doing!! Why would you pitch Hermanson???????? He hasn't pitched in 25 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StepsInSC
10-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Sorry, I like Buck. I didn't think he was taking credit away from the Sox too much re: the umpires. The Sox have caught some breaks this postseason, and he pointed it out, he then pointed out that the HR in game 3 was a break for the Astros. Your post is a lot of rhetoric but not much substance, no offense.

Tim "Softballs are bigger than baseballs" McCarver, however, is terrible in my opinion.

Banix12
10-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Someone needs to relax. Anyway I kind of like the delay, somehow I find it less stressful to hear it first and then watch what happens.

As for Buck, Hate is far too strong a word. I think he is an average play by play man and probably unworthy of being a national broadcaster for the world series but I have certainly heard much much worse.

chez742002
10-26-2005, 01:25 AM
TO HELL WITH IT~!!! WHO CARES NOW!!! FORGET ABOUT IT!!!

THE WHITESOX WIN!!! A WHITESOX WINNER!!!

NOT EVEN BUCK CAN BOTHER ME NOW!!!!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :dtroll: :bandance: PARTY TIME SOUTH SIDE STYLE!!!

Clembasbal
10-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Tim "Softballs are bigger than baseballs" McCarver, however, is terrible in my opinion.

http://www.americansportscastersonline.com/images/tmac.jpg
"You know, you could have flown from Baltimore to Icleand during the time frame of this game!"

Craig Grebeck
10-26-2005, 01:30 AM
http://leon.budweiser.com/_images/Radio-interview-tape-deck.jpg

leon loves joe buck

bringfrankback
10-26-2005, 01:33 AM
How about Tim McCarver for liking the Sox too much. According to him the Sox played error free baseball the whole postseason. I mean, we all love the sox but even I know there's not indian tags in baseball.

Deuce
10-26-2005, 01:36 AM
If I ever meet Joe Buck, I'm gonna kick him in the Slam-A-Lama-Ding Dong.

Craig Grebeck
10-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Here's hoping MLB goes away from fox next season...isn't their contract up?

joe buck is nothing more than an amateur beer pitchman

ilsox7
10-26-2005, 01:41 AM
If I ever meet Joe Buck, I'm gonna kick him in the Slam-A-Lama-Ding Dong.

I would simply ask him how it feels to have so many opportunities to make a historic home run call and come up empty every time.

Theanticub
10-26-2005, 02:07 AM
/sign I HATE JOE BUCK

Coolpapa
10-26-2005, 03:21 AM
uncle buck

Theanticub
10-26-2005, 03:51 AM
uncle buck

Uncle buck rocked....besides he was a cubs fan.

Mendoza Line
10-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Sign me up! I'm pretty tired of ol' lightbulb-cranium. McCarver, on the other hand is a special brand of terrible all his own.
example:
McCarver in the bottom of the 7th. 3-1 count on Bagwell, Garland throws a called strike: "That's not a good pitch by Garland. It was taken for a strike and Bagwell didn't swing, but it looked high to me."

spawn
10-26-2005, 09:03 AM
I have a question: Did you guys know that that it's a short porch in left field at Minute Maid? Did you know it's only 315 feet? Obviously both Buch and McCarver thinks we don't know. How many times did they mention that last night, especially when Berkman was up? I was yelling at the TV "yes, we know how short the porch is there! Yes we know Berkman can get it there! Shut the **** up about it already!":rolleyes:

The Critic
10-26-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't mind Buck. He's not a favorite, but he doesn't bother me. McCarver is a raging imbecile, though.
But NOTHING could be worse than Berman/Sutcliffe/Piazza. Wow. Awful.

fusillirob1983
10-26-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't know which one said it, but at one point one of them said Oswalt was being squeezed. I guess if squeezed meant getting a Tom Glavine strike zone, then he was getting squeezed. I won't complain about how the umps call balls and strikes because that's probably not always that easy, but the fact that one of these idiots said he was getting squeezed, wow, musta been watching a different game than me.

AZChiSoxFan
10-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Sorry, I like Buck. I didn't think he was taking credit away from the Sox too much re: the umpires. The Sox have caught some breaks this postseason, and he pointed it out, he then pointed out that the HR in game 3 was a break for the Astros. Your post is a lot of rhetoric but not much substance, no offense.

Yes, he did point that out, ONE or TWO times. How many times in the WS has he brought up the Pierzynski play, FROM THE LAST SERIES!!! The guy is a complete tool. Count me in the group that would rather have Astros voice Milo Hamilton call the games for Fox, as opposed to Joe "I got this job because my Dad was a good announcer" Buck.

Dick Allen
10-26-2005, 11:21 AM
As far as I'm concerned, they should just do what the NFL tried once, having a telecast with no announcers. I guarantee you the ratings would shoot up.

maurice
10-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Buck is a POS who got his job on his daddy's name, and McCarver is just too stupid to know the difference between truth and fiction. The anti-Sox bias is undeniable. Even ESPN's Bill Simmons (a Red Sox fan) agrees that they blew the whole JD HBP fiasco and the ensuing grand slam by Konerko. (Simmons also accused them of sounding "bored" during extra innings in Game 3.) The difference between the way Fox handled Lane's phantom HR and the way they handled the relatively insignficant Dye HBP is particularly striking.

Dye's HBP was replayed repeatedly, slowed down, and enhanced dozens of times, while Buck kept saying that the call was "controversial" (his buzz word for anything Sox-related). The coverage of the HBP completely trumped coverage of the grand slam, and Buck continued discussing it throughout the remainder of the game. The HBP also was featured (with video) on the Fox pre-game show yesterday, along with video of Josh Paul's boneheaded play from 2 weeks ago. When Konerko was doubled off of 2B on Rowand's liner in the 2nd inning yesterday, McCarver immediately said: "Every break this post-season has gone in favor of the White Sox." The clear implication was that this was the first break that went against the Sox. Anybody who actually watched the games knows that this is BS. For example, that was the third time that a Sox player got caught off of 2B "this post-season." In the bottom of that inning, Garland threw what should have been "strike 3" but was called "ball 4." Buck took this opportunity to criticize the Dye HBP and Paul's misplay from 2 weeks ago. He would have gone on, but the very next pitch resulted in an inning-ending GiDP.

In the top of the 4th, Lane hit his "HR" to CF, and Buck gave a very enthusiastic HR call (not quite as enthusiastic of his call of a ball that Ensberg crushed foul, but much more enthusiastic than his call of either game-winning HR, Konerko's grand slam, or any other HR by a Sox player). Fox showed the standard 2 replays of Lane's "HR" before the third out was recorded, and Buck began to "explain" to the audience why Houston's unique ground rules make Lane's shot off the wall a HR, despite Rowand's reaction. The next inning, Buck said, "So much has been made of controversial calls . . ." before being interrupted mid-sentence by Crede's HR. Next, Buck admitted that Lane did not hit a HR, but Fox showed only 1 replay and nobody called the play "controversial," because that buzz word only applies to the Sox. The phantom HR was not even mentioned again until Lane's AB in the 6th inning. At that point, Fox showed 2 replays, never called it "controversial," and never mentioned the play in any of the very many subsequent innings. After the bottom of the 9th, the game was tied, and the Sox probably would have won in regulation if the "HR" were called correctly, yet nobody mentioned the "controversial" play. In the 12th, Buck gave a "game recap," but didn't even acknowledge that Lane hit a HR. In the top of the 11th, McCarver made another Josh Paul reference, when the Astros catcher fielded a Podsednik bunt right at the foul line after the ball bounced in the right-handed batter's box. The umpire called the ball "fair" and a double play resulted. It is unclear whether the call was correct, because Fox only showed 1 replay. In the 15th, Buck gave another "game recap" and again failed to mention the phantom HR.

In sum, the Fox broadcast team gave much less coverage to a huge call in yesterday's game (the phantom HR) than it gave to a much less significant call in the previous game (Dye's HBP) and a play that occurred in a different series two weeks ago (Paul's error).