PDA

View Full Version : More unmitigated nonsense from ESPN the tabloid...

zach074
10-25-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't know if anyone posted this but Eric Byrnes said that on 4 quarters on ESPN news. He said we are the rudest fans, the rowdiest, the worst, and the stadium does not have a family atmosphere. Wow after we our ALDS no one was arrested but Byrne's says we are the rowdiest so he must be right. I don't know about anyone else but these comments really mad me mad.:angry:

Fenway
10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
I don't know if anyone posted this but Eric Byrnes said that on 4 quarters on ESPN news. He said we are the rudest fans, the rowdiest, the worst, and the stadium does not have a family atmosphere. Wow after we our ALDS no one was arrested but Byrne's says we are the rowdiest so he must be right. I don't know about anyone else but these comments really mad me mad.:angry:

Ummm Eric needs to visit

Philadelphia
Yankee Stadium
Oakland
Fenway bleachers
Shea Stadium

antitwins13
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Ummm Eric needs to visit

Philadelphia
Yankee Stadium
Oakland
Fenway bleachers
Shea Stadium

I'm not really offended by these comments. I could really care less if we have a "family atmosphere or not." There is a fundamentals area for little kids and a sports bar for people who like that. So, in that since we have a good family atmosphere, but it's not like a Kane County Cougars game. Oh, and by the way I've been to Shea Stadium and it has a dead atmosphere. It is not rowdie at all.

EastCoastSoxFan
10-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Ummm Eric needs to visit

Philadelphia

They still have a Philadelphia district judge who dispenses justice to unruly fans during Iggles games.
And I personally witnessed the fans at the FU Center (perfect name for a Philadelphia sports arena; I was bummed when they changed it to the Wachovia Center) boo the halftime show at a Bulls/Sixers game...

woodenleg
10-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Are you at all surprised?

We should have all seen it coming - a whole lot of people are having to eat crow, and they're not doing it gracefully.

Of course it's b.s., but we knew this was coming. I mean, most people I know cannot even afford tickets. I wouldn't be surprised, given the degree of scorn we've been subjected to over the years, that any troublemakers are really provocateurs. Or the stories are outright fabricated.

You know, I got a plan this year, just so I could get a good sampling of fan behavior. I didn't see ANY of this stuff.

It's garbage...just a bunch of spoiled babies who can't admit that they were wrong.

Ol' No. 2
10-26-2005, 12:26 PM
They still have a Philadelphia district judge who dispenses justice to unruly fans during Iggles games.
And I personally witnessed the fans at the FU Center (perfect name for a Philadelphia sports arena; I was bummed when they changed it to the Wachovia Center) boo the halftime show at a Bulls/Sixers game...Philly fans once famously booed Santa Claus. I think they'd boo Jesus for dropping the cross.