PDA

View Full Version : A Little Disappointed!

nevr say dye sox
10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I was one of the lucky die hard sox fans who was able to attend both Saturday and Sunday Sox's game. Got down to the Cell around 4:00 Saturday, just in time to tailgate, and Catch the end of the N.D. game. Cracked my first beer and began talking to neighbors around me. It wasn't more than five minutes, and I heard my first Cub's comment. I quote "How pissed you think Cub's fans are now!" Disgusted, I went back and sat on the tailgate of my truck and listened to the end of the football game. Listen, I hate the FLUBS as much as the next guy, but I do have to admit it sounds ridiculous hearing fans continue to talk about the Cub's. Were in the WORLD SERIES, forget about them. Were only letting the CUBUNE win by continuing to talk about the CUBS.:angry: As far as I concerned they don't exist. I love the Sox, and they are my only concern, not what the Cub's are or aren't doing. I feel that this behavior is continuing to fuel stereo-types about us that aren't true. Listen we need to fight this fight like the Trojan Army, we can't go toe to toe with a big business Tycoon like the Cubune. We need to be smarter then them, and by continuing to talk about them only show they are winning! GO SOX

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
I was one of the lucky die hard sox fans who was able to attend both Saturday and Sunday Sox's game. Got down to the Cell around 4:00 Saturday, just in time to tailgate, and Catch the end of the N.D. game. Cracked my first bear and began talking to neighbors around me. It wasn't more than five minutes, and I heard my first Cub's comment. I quote "How pissed you think Cub's fans are now!" Disgusted, I went back and sat on the tailgate of my truck and listened to the end of the football game. Listen, I hate the FLUBS as much as the next guy, but I do have to admit it sounds ridiculous hearing fans continue to talk about the Cub's. Were in the WORLD SERIES, forget about them. Were only letting the CUBUNE win by continuing to talk about the CUBS.:angry: As far as I concerned they don't exist. I love the Sox, and they are my only concern, not what the Cub's are or aren't doing. I feel that this behavior is continuing to fuel stereo-types about us that aren't true. Listen we need to fight this fight like the Trojan Army, we can't go toe to toe with a big business Tycoon like the Cubune. We need to be smarter then them, and by continuing to talk about them only show they are winning! GO SOX

Is that a Hamms?

FarWestChicago
10-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I was one of the lucky die hard sox fans who was able to attend both Saturday and Sunday Sox's game. Got down to the Cell around 4:00 Saturday, just in time to tailgate, and Catch the end of the N.D. game. Cracked my first beer and began talking to neighbors around me. It wasn't more than five minutes, and I heard my first Cub's comment. I quote "How pissed you think Cub's fans are now!" Disgusted, I went back and sat on the tailgate of my truck and listened to the end of the football game. Listen, I hate the FLUBS as much as the next guy, but I do have to admit it sounds ridiculous hearing fans continue to talk about the Cub's. Were in the WORLD SERIES, forget about them. Were only letting the CUBUNE win by continuing to talk about the CUBS.:angry: As far as I concerned they don't exist. I love the Sox, and they are my only concern, not what the Cub's are or aren't doing. I feel that this behavior is continuing to fuel stereo-types about us that aren't true. Listen we need to fight this fight like the Trojan Army, we can't go toe to toe with a big business Tycoon like the Cubune. We need to be smarter then them, and by continuing to talk about them only show they are winning! GO SOXThere is never any shortage of Flubsessives...unfortunately. :rolleyes:

kevin57
10-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I wish/hope you said those same comments to that ridiculous Cub slam.

ja1022
10-25-2005, 05:50 PM
I was one of the lucky die hard sox fans who was able to attend both Saturday and Sunday Sox's game. Got down to the Cell around 4:00 Saturday, just in time to tailgate, and Catch the end of the N.D. game. Cracked my first bear and began talking to neighbors around me. It wasn't more than five minutes, and I heard my first Cub's comment. I quote "How pissed you think Cub's fans are now!" Disgusted, I went back and sat on the tailgate of my truck and listened to the end of the football game. Listen, I hate the FLUBS as much as the next guy, but I do have to admit it sounds ridiculous hearing fans continue to talk about the Cub's. Were in the WORLD SERIES, forget about them. Were only letting the CUBUNE win by continuing to talk about the CUBS.:angry: As far as I concerned they don't exist. I love the Sox, and they are my only concern, not what the Cub's are or aren't doing. I feel that this behavior is continuing to fuel stereo-types about us that aren't true. Listen we need to fight this fight like the Trojan Army, we can't go toe to toe with a big business Tycoon like the Cubune. We need to be smarter then them, and by continuing to talk about them only show they are winning! GO SOX

Good start.

fquaye149
10-26-2005, 02:42 AM
Good start.

Oh great - you really got him. Of COURSE he's going to use the terms Cubs and Flubs in ripping on people who pay too much attention to the northsiders.

Some other people who you might find a rash of uses of those terms in their posts, especially those telling SOX fans to stick to caring about the SOX, are PHG, PH13, and FWC.

I think this post was just fine, and I can't find too much fault in it.

TDog
10-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Tonight at a city and borough of Juneau, Alaska, Planning Commission meeting, a commissioner walked in wearing a Cubs hat. Someone else on this board three time zones away (meeting while the game was going on) asked if he had put on the wrong cap. The guy, though, said, "the C stands for Chicago." It was kind of a cool thing to see, really.

Earlier in the day, my Cubs fan supervisor announced that the Sox were headed for a collapse of historic proportions. He bet another of his charges $5 -- even money -- that the Astros would take the series.

When they draw up a truce, everyone will cheer for their own team and not against each other's.