PDA

View Full Version : Any news???

OfficerKarkovice
12-13-2001, 11:43 AM
Anyone in chicago listening to the radio hear of any other trade talk that may continue? I wonder if the Sox are done now after this deal. I would love for them to still go after Giles...or even try to restructure the trade with the Angels for Erstad.

Paulwny
12-13-2001, 11:48 AM
Someone posted before that Giles, in his contract, has a list of teams he cannot be traded to, the sox are on the list.

duke of dorwood
12-13-2001, 11:50 AM
The Pirates must love us. We also gave them a young Bobby Bonilla for Jose DeLeon. This could end up just as bad.

:KW

I spread the wealth, and they love me in Pittsburgh

GASHWOUND
12-13-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Anyone in chicago listening to the radio hear of any other trade talk that may continue? I wonder if the Sox are done now after this deal. I would love for them to still go after Giles...or even try to restructure the trade with the Angels for Erstad.

Not so far. But KW would probaly be looin to trade lee for some for pitching. Hold on to your horses, I see another bad deal coming.

"Lee, Garland, and Crede for Kenny Rogers!!!"

Paulwny
12-13-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Not so far. But KW would probaly be looin to trade lee for some for pitching. Hold on to your horses, I see another bad deal coming.

KW gets us our veteran pitcher, Lee and Durham for El Duque.

Daver
12-13-2001, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

A mistake was made in the paperwork,we got Kenny Rogers the singer,we will stand by the trade though.

MJK
12-13-2001, 12:45 PM

After listening to JM on the official site, reading between the lines i wouldn't be suprised to see them move carlos.

another thing he sadi was that they wanted crede to bat 8th next year.

OfficerKarkovice
12-13-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by daver

A mistake was made in the paperwork,we got Kenny Rogers the singer,we will stand by the trade though.

LMAO!

Daver
12-13-2001, 01:15 PM

LMAO!

Hey the team may not be great but the background noise between innings will be the best in baseball,cue Rogers' mic,Nancy fire up the organ,let's roll.

Iwritecode
12-13-2001, 01:18 PM

Well KW likes to gamble...

"You've got to know when to hold them
Know when to fold them
Know when to walk away, know when to run"

:)

WinningUgly!
12-13-2001, 01:35 PM

I think Kenny Rogers, the singer probably has a more lively arm than Kenny Rogers the Texas pitcher. He might be a little younger as well.

NUCatsFan
12-13-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Someone posted before that Giles, in his contract, has a list of teams he cannot be traded to, the sox are on the list.

It sounds like Giles actually has a limited trade clause, with a list of 6 teams that he CAN be traded to. So, we're one of 24, not 1 of 6. The 6 are: SD, LA, SF, COL, AZ, ATL. At least, this is according to one trade report I read.

Ritchie trade....but also has info on Giles (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/ap/20011213/ap-pirates-whitesoxtrade.html)

Randar68
12-13-2001, 04:03 PM
Any word on asking him to waive it to come to a contender????

How happy is he in Pittsburg, because they certainly look like they are nowhere near contending before his contract is up...