PDA

View Full Version : LevineLine/Bryan Dolgin argument

32nd&Wallace
10-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Anyone hear this Friday night? Bruce Levine goating Bryan Dolgin into reading the rundown for ESPN radio program that Saturday night. Bryan read the radio rundown for Saturday night. Bruce refused to believe that was the what was aired, insisting it was local programming. Bryan stuck to what he was given and Levineline refused to believe It got so bad that Bryan asked him if Bruce knew he was on the air. Bruce said he did and that he didnt care. Bryan then asked if he would just hang up and Bruce did.

Bruce Levine is a sad, sad human being.

jdm2662
10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I heard the end of the clip, but didn't know how it started. Levineline is a tool anyway.

32nd&Wallace
10-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Levineline was supposed to be on there taking calls. Bryan started the program rundown for Saturday and Bruce just wouldn't let up. Bryan handled it really professionally considering how much of a jerk he was coming off as.

NardiWasHere
10-25-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't listen to espn1000 (more of a Score guy), but hasn't Levine gotten into arguments on air before? I remember a story about him and Dahl going at it a while back. Levine is a moron.

cheeses_h_rice
10-25-2005, 04:07 PM
From what I've learned about the guy, Levineline is a jackass with a big ego who's gotten into arguments with just about everyone he's been on the air with.

tebman
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Wasn't Levine the guy who told a player (I think it was Ed Lynch) that the player wouldn't have a job without guys like Levine?

The player (understandably) got, er, angry. :wink:

I remember hearing a tape of that, but I don't know if it exists on the web anyplace.

miker
10-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Bruce Levine is an obvious Cub fan who breaks his neck bending over backwards saying how "objective" his reporting is. The White Sox in the World Series is killing him.

likeawarlord
10-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Anyone hear this Friday night? Bruce Levine goating Bryan Dolgin into reading the rundown for ESPN radio program that Saturday night. Bryan read the radio rundown for Saturday night. Bruce refused to believe that was the what was aired, insisting it was local programming. Bryan stuck to what he was given and Levineline refused to believe It got so bad that Bryan asked him if Bruce knew he was on the air. Bruce said he did and that he didnt care. Bryan then asked if he would just hang up and Bruce did.

Bruce Levine is a sad, sad human being.

so wait, let me see if i got this straight:

on chicago baseball tonight, or something, bruce was on the phone, and when dolgin started reading off what programming espn radio had planned for the next day, levine refused to believe it, instead acting like a dick because he thought that they had local programming planned?

levine is always a jerk, this doesnt surprise me at all

SouthSide_HitMen
10-25-2005, 06:49 PM

on chicago baseball tonight, or something, bruce was on the phone, and when dolgin started reading off what programming espn radio had planned for the next day, levine refused to believe it, instead acting like a dick because he thought that they had local programming planned?

levine is always a jerk, this doesnt surprise me at all

Levine is ESPN AM 1000 AM's version of "Scrubs".

32nd&Wallace
10-25-2005, 09:27 PM

levine is always a jerk, this doesnt surprise me at allyes. it was a back and forth that was at least five minutes that ended with dalgin telling levine either talk to him off the air or hang up. levine hung up. real professional.

Over By There
10-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Dolgin handled it very professionally, like a grown-up. Levine sounded like a petulant little baby. After MJ&H re-aired this the other day, they speculated that Levine was trying to get fired so he could follow the Sox to the Snore. Lucky for us Sox fans.

Brian26
10-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm a little confused over the reason for the argument. Was Bruce surprised that AM 1000 had local programming or no local programming on Saturday night? (I assume this was for after the Sox game?) Was he angry because they were forcing him to work on Sat night?

SOXSINCE'70
10-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Wasn't Levine the guy who told a player (I think it was Ed Lynch) that the player wouldn't have a job without guys like Levine?

The player (understandably) got, er, angry. :wink:

I remember hearing a tape of that, but I don't know if it exists on the web anyplace.

That occured in 1984,after the sCrUBS swept the Mutts in a
double header.Levineline went into the Mutts locker room and
asked Lynch about a home run he'd given up.Lynch's reply was
"that's a horse**** question,pal".Then Bruuuuce told Lynch that
he wouldn't have a job if it weren't for the media.Lynch asked
incredously "Without you,I don't have a job??".After the incident,
Levineline was kicked out of the locker room.:D: :D:

knocko94
10-26-2005, 02:42 AM
I heard it, pretty funny.

Brief Rundown:

Levine asked for rundown of next day programming (because they weren't really talking about anything, it was real late)

Dolgin complies, ends with "we'll be going to the main espn pregame at 630"

Levine asks why they won't do local pregame before game

Dolgin: we have a 6 hour local pregame show

Back and forth......same thing a few times

Levine: "i'll hang up" or something

Dolgin: "go ahead"

and levine hangs up and dolgin goes on with the show

PAPChiSox729
10-26-2005, 07:31 AM
I heard it, pretty funny.

Brief Rundown:

Levine asked for rundown of next day programming (because they weren't really talking about anything, it was real late)

Dolgin complies, ends with "we'll be going to the main espn pregame at 630"

Levine asks why they won't do local pregame before game

Dolgin: we have a 6 hour local pregame show

Back and forth......same thing a few times

Levine: "i'll hang up" or something

Dolgin: "go ahead"

and levine hangs up and dolgin goes on with the show

I just don't understand how Levine would get angry about something like that. Weird.

:?:

slavko
10-26-2005, 12:49 PM
I did learn from them a few nights ago that Brucie grew up in South Shore as a Cubbie fan, so there's a second reason beside his lack of radio skills for not liking him. Frankly, the two of them have the chemistry of cold oatmeal and have put me to sleep enough times to stop caring if I weren't desperate for Sox talk.

robiwho
10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
That whole exchange was so uncomfortable. Brian handled it so well; I would have hung up on Levine a lot sooner.

hawkjt
10-26-2005, 03:05 PM
To be fair ,I heard Levine apoligize to Dolgin the next show they had. Said he was kind of stressed with the hours and such.

Personally I still think Levine is the best radio baseball reporter in town. Who else?

34 Inch Stick
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
[Crickets]

maurice
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I just don't understand how Levine would get angry about something like that.

Cub fans across the city are cracking under pressure. Today alone, I received 8 e-mails from a Cub fan co-worker, trying to work out his nervous tension. Just ignore them and let them wallow in their own misery.

steff
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Bruce is a drillrod. Hate, hate, hate, hate him.....

miker
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I just don't understand how Levine would get angry about something like that. Weird.:?:
He's just bitter...

nasox
10-27-2005, 01:31 AM
As someone who's friend's dad grew up with Levine on the South Shore, he was a Yankees fan growing up. Now he's just a baseball guy.

spongyfungy
10-27-2005, 03:02 AM
they are using the "hangup" as a promo on the station. Dolgin will probably leave ESPN 1000. who knows if he'll go to the score or not but I think he's glad that he'll probably split away from levine.

nice article on him : http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO19_DOLGIN_S1.htm

HotelWhiteSox
10-31-2005, 01:08 AM
Here's Levine giddy as a schoolgirl:

http://rope.espnradio1000.com/sc/bruce_soxplayoffs1.wma

Stroker Ace
10-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Bruce is a drillrod. Hate, hate, hate, hate him.....Same feelings here.

MARTINMVP
11-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Anyone hear Bryan on ESPN 1000 the last few days? He filled in for Hood yesterday and today with SportsCenter updates during Mike and Mike. And yesterday, he was on the Bear's beat and chimed in during the Mac, Jurko & Harry show (Jeff Dickerson was sitting in for Jurko).

Who knows if Bryan is going to the Score or not...

Foulke You
11-12-2005, 03:44 AM
It appears ESPN has found other duties for Dolgin to fill in his post-Sox life. Most radio talent sign contracts so both the station and Dolgin probably need to honor it for however long he signed for.