PDA

View Full Version : PK on Dan Patrick at 2:30 pm Central

Pulaski
10-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Pk will be on Dan Patrick at 2:30 pm Central.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Bobby Knight is on now. He said he is rooting for the White Sox and is a close friend of Eddie Einhorn and is praising him for what he has done to popularize College Basketball.

:thumbsup:

Happy Birthday Bobby Knight!!!

thecell
10-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Please provide a recap for those of us without a radio.Thanks.

Pulaski
10-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Please provide a recap for those of us without a radio.Thanks.

If you have speakers on your computer, it is available via the internet stream. Go to ESPN, click radio and then click Dan Patrick Show.

PK coming up shortly.

tebman
10-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Roof Question: PK would prefer the roof closed.

Pulaski
10-25-2005, 03:49 PM

And believes the Astros should be able to do what they want as it relates to the roof.

tebman
10-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Grand Slam Question: expected first-pitch fastball, got it. Never thinking about HR -- just trying to connect.

Frater Perdurabo
10-25-2005, 03:51 PM

:o::mg::dunno::unsure::thud:

Did he say why?

Edit: thanks for the elaboration...

tebman
Free Agent Question: Says he has no idea -- waiting to see how it shakes out.

tebman
:o::mg::dunno::unsure::thud:

Did he say why?
Just because it's the Astros' home field and it should be their call.

Flight #24
10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
He wants the roof closed because he's tired of the elements and "it's cool in Houston right now".

He admits that when he's talking to Podsednik & his fiance, he's focused on the fiance........:D:

He has "no sense" of whether he'll be back or not. The Sox wanted to wait until after the season to talk about it, and have held to that. He did say "We're not gonna talk about it during the playoffs".

He's "open to anything" in terms of Boston or anywhere else. (Which contradicts what he's reportedly told the ever present "sources close to".)

tebman
10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Oswalt Question: 3 above-average pitches, Sox have to take the fight to him, score early.

Frater Perdurabo
10-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Just because it's the Astros' home field and it should be their call.

I appreciate his candor and blunt honesty, but this reminds me of the Royce Clayton comment when the Diamondbacks came to the Cell...
:(:

#1venturafan
10-25-2005, 03:54 PM
He's a Journey fan! :D:

Frater Perdurabo
10-25-2005, 03:55 PM
He's "open to anything" in terms of Boston or anywhere else. (Which contradicts what he's reportedly told the ever present "sources close to".)

Great. Dan Patrick is playing the role of the Red Cubs' version of Mike Kiley, doing their tampering for them.

Dan Patrick = :dtroll:

tebman
10-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Great. Dan Patrick is playing the role of the Red Cubs' version of Mike Kiley, doing their tampering for them.

Sure -- if he didn't do some tampering, he wouldn't have a story!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Summary:
Lisa Dergan
Podsednik better than Konerko
Konerko wants roof closed - doesn't care either way
Partick wants Konerko in Boston
Garland isn't a bum
Oswalt is very good
Early runs are the key tonight
Dan - Journey Sucks, Konerko - Journey Rules

I enjoyed the Bobby Knight interview more.

Go White Sox!!!

Don't Stop Believing!!!

The thread that started it all:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59658

Tragg
10-25-2005, 04:02 PM
As in the band journey?
They suck bad. Their only value was if you wanted a chick you had to listen to them in the 1980s because the chicks loved them.

tebman
10-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Summary:
Lisa Dergan
Podsednik better than Konerko
Konerko wants roof closed - doesn't care either way
Partick wants Konerko in Boston
Garland isn't a bum
Oswalt is very good
Early runs are the key tonight
Dan - Journey Sucks, Konerko - Journey Rules

I enjoyed the Bobby Knight interview more.

That just about wraps it up! :tongue:

If you missed hearing it, don't worry about it.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-25-2005, 04:06 PM
As in the band journey?
They suck bad. Their only value was if you wanted a chick you had to listen to them in the 1980s because the chicks loved them.

Well get used to it as it is the theme song for 2005 White Sox baseball.

You can always go to Boston and sing Sweet Caroline before in the bottom of the 8th or listen to Ozzie Osbourne at Wrigley.

fquaye149
10-25-2005, 04:06 PM
I appreciate his candor and blunt honesty, but this reminds me of the Royce Clayton comment when the Diamondbacks came to the Cell...
:(:

I think you're going overboard here, Frater. Whether he's right or wrong about the roof, what this does is keep the PLAYERS from appearing as if THEY need the roof open....

Basically, let Kenny, Selig, etc. do the whining for the Sox players about the roof.

my $.02

asindc
10-25-2005, 04:17 PM
I think you're going overboard here, Frater. Whether he's right or wrong about the roof, what this does is keep the PLAYERS from appearing as if THEY need the roof open....

Basically, let Kenny, Selig, etc. do the whining for the Sox players about the roof.

my $.02

Why would anyone on our side whine about the roof at all?

SoxFan76
10-25-2005, 04:27 PM
As in the band journey?

I happen to like them, and last time I checked, I was 100% male.

SSN721
10-25-2005, 04:34 PM
I happen to like them, and last time I checked, I was 100% male.

I have to second this opinion. Always liked Journey, and not ashamed of it.

Flight #24
10-25-2005, 04:35 PM
I have to second this opinion. Always liked Journey, and not ashamed of it.

Hold on....

(looks down)

Yup, here's another male who appreciates the stylistic crooning of Journey. (At least their early stuff)

veeter
10-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Neal Schon is one of the best guitar players in the world. Journey was way more than ballads.

asindc
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Another Journey fan here. Their rep as a chick band is waaaay overplayed.

Deuce
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2222/patrickfan6jf.png

fquaye149
10-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Why would anyone on our side whine about the roof at all?

Do you really need a recap of the arguments against the roof?

Personally I think the Astros are well within their rights to do what they like with their roof,

but the fact remains, many feel VERY strongly that they should open the dome.

Frater Perdurabo
10-25-2005, 05:16 PM

my $.02

Maybe so, but I personally would have liked to have read that PK said something like, "We're professionals. We don't care. We're prepared to play in any conditions - rain, snow, heat, indoors, whatever, because we expect Houston will be fired up to play at the top of their game whether the roof is open or not." This phrasing accomplishes the same thing in a much better way, IMHO.

hsnterprize
10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
I feel the Astros should have their roof open or closed...it should be their choice. However, I do understand that when it comes to the World Series, MLB basically takes control of just about everything it can, from having the majority of the ticket revenues from the stadiums, to whether or not a retractable-roof stadium should be opened or closed. MLB also told Houston to close the roof for the 2004 All-Star Game.

Whether the roof should be opened or closed, here's the bottom line...if the Astros are as good as advertised, it shouldn't matter. Of course, the loud noise is important to the 'Stros, but it's not about how loud Minute Maid Park gets...it's about how good the Astros are in this situation. They're down 0-2 in the World Series. If Roy Oswalt doesn't pitch the game of his life tonight, this series is as good as over for them.

SoxFan76
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Keep it open. This is baseball, not basketball. The game was meant to be played outside.

Dan Mega
10-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Keep it open. This is baseball, not basketball. The game was meant to be played outside.

Agreed.

Another Journey fan here. Their rep as a chick band is waaaay overplayed.

They sound like Jefferson Starship to me.

chisoxfan64
10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Count me in as liking Journey.