PDA

View Full Version : World Series Jersey Patch

chisoxfan83
10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
I bought one of the world series patches from grandstand. I saw the sticky stuff on the back side. I know the patches on the hats are put on with heat. Whats the best way to affix the patch to the jersey sew it or iron it on? I figured you guys would know best since i am sure some of you have done it already. I sewed my all star game patch on but am not sure if thats the right way.

Killer-Beees
10-25-2005, 02:43 PM
I bought one of the world series patches from grandstand. I saw the sticky stuff on the back side. I know the patches on the hats are put on with heat. Whats the best way to affix the patch to the jersey sew it or iron it on? I figured you guys would know best since i am sure some of you have done it already. I sewed my all star game patch on but am not sure if thats the right way.

I like Velcro'ing it on so you can remove it for washing.

doublem23
10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
The jersey I own is a home authentic from 2000 with the old, "COMISKEY PARK, CHICAGO WHITE SOX" patch on the sleeve and it is definitely sewn on. I bought it at the garage sale in 2004, so I would assume that's how they took care of the World Series patches, too.

Sad
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
any patches I've had put on my jerseys have always been sewn

DrummerGeorgefan
10-25-2005, 02:48 PM
There was an article about a week back with the MLB equipment man from New Era that was responsible for putting the patches on hats of players that dont want to break a new one in (think Trot Nixon). He mentioned they use some sort of heat machine to affix the patch to the hat. I'm wondering if an iron would do the same.

Scotty347
10-25-2005, 03:05 PM
If you are putting it on a jersey you have to sew that sucker on - trust me. Thats what I did with my Allstar patch from 2003.

EastCoastSoxFan
10-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Does anyone have a link to where you can buy WS '05 (or All-Star Game '03) jersey patches? I'm too damn tired and brain dead to do a search...