PDA

View Full Version : Burls sore arm

hawkjt
10-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Saw him comment that his arm was sore after pitching in the cold wet conditions on Sunday. This is the first time I can remember him have any hint of a arm problem. Which was really miraculous when you consider the number of innings he has put in over the last 3 years+.

It is a concern in game six if it comes to that cuz the sox need to win that game with Oswalt waiting for game seven.

I know I am a worry wart when this may not matter. But this series is not over by a long shot.

Hokiesox
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
If shilling can pitch without an ankle, and Roger can pitch with no leg muscle, I'm sure our man will find a way.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
I bet it's not as sore as Rogers hammy!!!!

Ol' No. 2
10-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Saw him comment that his arm was sore after pitching in the cold wet conditions on Sunday. This is the first time I can remember him have any hint of a arm problem. Which was really miraculous when you consider the number of innings he has put in over the last 3 years+.

It is a concern in game six if it comes to that cuz the sox need to win that game with Oswalt waiting for game seven.

I know I am a worry wart when this may not matter. But this series is not over by a long shot.Not to worry. He'll have five days of rest and Hermy will be working on him every day. When (if) game 6 comes, he'll be ready.

Baby Fisk
10-25-2005, 02:38 PM
:elduque:
"Have no fear."

Jjav829
10-25-2005, 02:42 PM
I hope he is feeling better for his next scheduled start...April 3rd, 2006.:wink:

peeonwrigley
10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
"Have no fear."

boo yah

Tekijawa
10-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Didn't he Hurt his foot in Spring Training and thought he was going to have to sit out 4-6 weeks? I'm not worried one bit... your arm is supposed to be sore after you pitch, give him a few was and he'll be striking out the killer Bee's in order!

doublem23
10-25-2005, 02:48 PM
A couple days in Texas should loosen him up a bit. And BabyFisk is right, we have Senor October in the bullpen, on roughly a month's worth of rest. You know he'll be ready if needed.

Deuce
10-25-2005, 02:48 PM
I hope he is feeling better for his next scheduled start...April 3rd, 2006.:wink:
I concur, and deep pink it.

veeter
10-25-2005, 03:13 PM
The article that I read, Buerhle said his arm was "hanging", not necessarily sore. He also said he strained his back.

HotelWhiteSox
10-25-2005, 04:00 PM
They said it on ESPNEWS today, he hopes he doesn't have to pitch (other than the obvious reason of what that would mean), since his arm is "hanging" from all the innings he's pitched and he hurt his back during the last game. This is exactly why I wanted McCarthy rather than Viz or Marte!

Madvora
10-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Ding!

Baby Fisk
10-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Didn't he Hurt his foot in Spring Training and thought he was going to have to sit out 4-6 weeks?
Even creepier was how Jjav developed a similar phantom foot injury, like some kind of stigmata. Jjav how is your left arm today? :cool:

JoeyCora28
10-25-2005, 04:15 PM
They said it on ESPNEWS today, he hopes he doesn't have to pitch (other than the obvious reason of what that would mean), since his arm is "hanging" from all the innings he's pitched and he hurt his back during the last game. This is exactly why I wanted McCarthy rather than Viz or Marte!

Are you serious? You'd send McCarthy out in a Game 6? :o:

gobears1987
10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
They said it on ESPNEWS today, he hopes he doesn't have to pitch (other than the obvious reason of what that would mean), since his arm is "hanging" from all the innings he's pitched and he hurt his back during the last game. This is exactly why I wanted McCarthy rather than Viz or Marte!I like McCarthy, but a rookie would die in a game 6 situation. El Duque is Mr. October. Did you not see game 3 of the ALDS? I'm 100% fine with sending him out on the mound for game 6 if it becomes necessary. El Duque lives for the big game.

Jjav829
10-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Even creepier was how Jjav developed a similar phantom foot injury, like some kind of stigmata. Jjav how is your left arm today? :cool:

:o:

I actually did strain my left shoulder lifting yesterday. :o:

It's fine today, and like I said, it was my shoulder and not my arm.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2005, 05:15 PM
All I can say is that he better lay off those 24oz mugs and drink the lighter 12oz glasses. Those mugs can give anyone a hanging arm.

HotelWhiteSox
10-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I like McCarthy, but a rookie would die in a game 6 situation. El Duque is Mr. October. Did you not see game 3 of the ALDS? I'm 100% fine with sending him out on the mound for game 6 if it becomes necessary. El Duque lives for the big game.

I like El Duque, but he doesn't guarantee you a lot of innings. Granted, he's rested, but sometimes you had to cross your fingers to get through five, and you have to hope he throws stikes. I just like him better in the bullpen. In the last month, McCarthy consistently shut down offenses much better than Houston's, and he'd be at home in a game 6 so the crowd would play to his advantage, but there's no point in arguing it if he's not on the roster

PennStater98r
10-25-2005, 05:53 PM

You know, I think you could have typed that in pink as well.

BNLSox
10-25-2005, 06:23 PM

You sure this should be in teal? Maybe deep pink...but just maybe. Asking for 2 out of 3 in Houston doesn't seem like much to ask for what they've been doing lately.

BNLSox
10-25-2005, 06:24 PM
You know, I think you could have typed that in pink as well.

Beat me to it.

Jjav829
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Geez, I didn't think my choice of color would cause so much discussion. I guess I have to explain my choice. :rolleyes:

I didn't use deeppink because it isn't that much of a reach to think that we won't have a game 6. I meant it kind of tongue-in-check (hence the :wink: ) so I went with teal.

Geez... :unsure:

slavko
10-25-2005, 07:51 PM
I like McCarthy, but a rookie would die in a game 6 situation. El Duque is Mr. October. Did you not see game 3 of the ALDS? I'm 100% fine with sending him out on the mound for game 6 if it becomes necessary. El Duque lives for the big game.

How'd he do in that makeup game in front of a record crowd at Fenway?

Jurr
10-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Stigmata...:roflmao:

shoota II
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
"Have no fear."

POTW

:gulp:

gobears1987
10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
I like El Duque, but he doesn't guarantee you a lot of innings. Granted, he's rested, but sometimes you had to cross your fingers to get through five, and you have to hope he throws stikes. I just like him better in the bullpen. In the last month, McCarthy consistently shut down offenses much better than Houston's, and he'd be at home in a game 6 so the crowd would play to his advantage, but there's no point in arguing it if he's not on the rosterMcCarthy has shown some greatness, but I wouldn't trust a rookie who hasn't been proven to be conistent yet. He has also had his fair share of bad starts. I think he is a future ace, but not yet. He is only 22. Give me El Duque anyday in October right now. He can handle pressure as he showed when he shut the door on the best hitting team in the AL.

Soxboyrob
10-26-2005, 12:16 AM
I like McCarthy, but a rookie would die in a game 6 situation.

Just like Steve Avery in the '90 WS?

russ99
10-26-2005, 02:07 AM

I know I am a worry wart when this may not matter. But this series is not over by a long shot.

That sure doesn't matter now, it looks like he's gonna pitch the bottom of the 14th!!!

itsnotrequired
10-26-2005, 02:25 AM
That sure doesn't matter now, it looks like he's gonna pitch the bottom of the 14th!!!

Pitched it like a champ. First career save!

mike squires
10-26-2005, 03:09 AM
Think he's icing it now?:D:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-26-2005, 03:37 AM
All I can say is that he better lay off those 24oz mugs and drink the lighter 12oz glasses. Those mugs can give anyone a hanging arm.

Drinking effects the elbow, not the arm.

How is that arm now after a save in Game 3? :cool:

Domeshot17
10-26-2005, 03:38 AM
I like McCarthy, but a rookie would die in a game 6 situation.

When is Bobby Jenks Funeral?, Seemed like minus the magical shrinking zone he dealt with, he did a helluva job