PDA

View Full Version : North Side gathering tonight - Game 3

kittle42
10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I was going to head to Puffer's, but I'll wait for the clincher game for that with work obligations and all. Instead, I'm heading to Mix on Diversey/Halsted.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/279589,0,6331484.event?coll=mmx-home_promo_righth2o

Can't go wrong with $2 bottles and Crede shots!

kninchicago
10-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Awesome. I have to work near there tomorrow night, if it's the clincher tomorrow I'll head over after work which hopefully will be near the 7th inning or so.

pdimas
10-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Mix used to be Crush right?

mattcoz
10-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I'll be at Joe's, had a great time there on Sunday. They were workin' the Sox music. Go-Go-Sox, Na-Na-Hey-Hey, Don't Stop Believin', and Thunderstruck after the home runs.

:gulp:

pdimas
10-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Ok it did used to be Crush. It looks like we'll be headed there too for the game. I'll be wearing my Winnin Ugly T-shirt with red sleeves. I am gonna try to get there around 6:30. See some of you guys there!

Meixner007
10-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, Mix did used to be Crush. I will be at Kelly's Pub on Webster and Sheffield for $1.50 domestics and $1 burgers in white sox home pinstriped jersey

A.T. Money
10-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Yes, Mix did used to be Crush. I will be at Kelly's Pub on Webster and Sheffield for $1.50 domestics and $1 burgers in white sox home pinstriped jersey

Kelly's...a great place on Thursdays with those 22 oz bottles. Problem is that place would get so packed! I spent many moons there during my DePaul days.

I like McGee's for the size...much bigger place, but used to get just as packed, especially on Saturdays.

Meixner007
10-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Kelly's...a great place on Thursdays with those 22 oz bottles. Problem is that place would get so packed! I spent many moons there during my DePaul days.

I like McGee's for the size...much bigger place, but used to get just as packed, especially on Saturdays.

You know what, I thought so too, but I was there on Saturday for the game and it was absolutely perfect. Everybody had a table, and not crowded (packed) at all. OTOH McGees was filled to capacity.

pdimas
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
You should have seen McGees before they expanded. The front part only went as far as the poles. They irked me last year though when they wouldn't leave one tv (a tv no one but myself was watching) for me to finish watching the White Sox game. The bartender sees me watching walks in front of me and changes the channel. His reason "no one wants to watch the Sox". Now the bar is packed for the Sox games. :angry:

A.T. Money
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah on Saturdays McGee's always is packed...I think mainly due to their food options.

Kelly's get crazier during the week...at least it was that way when I was at DePaul.

A.T. Money
10-25-2005, 02:26 PM
You should have seen McGees before they expanded. The front part only went as far as the poles. They irked me last year though when they wouldn't leave one tv (a tv no one but myself was watching) for me to finish watching the White Sox game. The bartender see me watching walks in front of me and changes the the channel. His reasoning "no one wants to watch the Sox". Now the bar is packed for the Sox games. :angry:

Typical.

It was tough being a Sox fan in Lincoln Park. The guys that run the bars can be total dicks about it. Gin Mill and BW3 (Buffalo Wild Wings) on Lincoln come to mind.

pdimas
10-25-2005, 02:29 PM
The Lincoln Station guys were always cool. They know I'm a diehard fan and whenever I would walk in they would ask me where I was going to be so that they could put the Sox game on for me. Kincades also was very cool. Many times I would come home from work and head to the downstairs bar for some grub and to watch the game. Scotty would always without fail turn one of the tvs behind the bar on to the Sox game for me and he is a diehard Cubs fan. Of course when we got swept last year he gave me crap for it but it was all in good fun. It was a very cool thing for them to do and I am eternally greatful to them for that :D:

daveeym
10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Ah man, I know the owners there. Knew they shut down for awhile but didn't know they re-opened Crush as Mix. Maybe I'll check it out.

Meixner007
10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I didn't go to DePaul so I don't know what it was like when you went, but I've never had a problem with them putting on the Sox game at any bar around there.

peeonwrigley
10-25-2005, 02:38 PM
I'll be going somewhere, not sure yet.

I, too, have never had a problem seeing the Sox play up here. Everyone is very accomodating.

I was thinking Kendall's for tonight but Halligan was good for game 4 of the ALCS so I may do that. I also might check out this Mix place... so many options...

pdimas
10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Halligans is a White Sox bar they show every game. In Lincoln Park that is a rarity.

pdimas
10-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Ok here is our gameplan for tonight: A couple of us are going to meet around 6:30ish at Mix. A few more are going to join us sometime during the game. After the game we are going to go to Tequila Roadhouse for what he hope are some celebratory drinks. :gulp:

kobo
10-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I was at Halligan's on Saturday for the game, and it was packed with Sox fans. They had $3 Guinness and Blue Moon that night, it was glorious! Going with friends tonight to Mystic Celt to watch the game.

A.T. Money
10-25-2005, 03:04 PM
I didn't go to DePaul so I don't know what it was like when you went, but I've never had a problem with them putting on the Sox game at any bar around there.

It was only a couple years ago, I'm sure much hasn't changed.

Realist
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm in.

daveeym
10-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok here is our gameplan for tonight: A couple of us are going to meet around 6:30ish at Mix. A few more are going to join us sometime during the game. After the game we are going to go to Tequila Roadhouse for what he hope are some celebratory drinks. :gulp: Oh lord no. If I show I'm definitely out for the roadhouse. I think I was too old for the roadhouse at 21.

pdimas
10-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh lord no. If I show I'm definitely out for the roadhouse. I think I was too old for the roadhouse at 21.

I totally agree but there are some girls coming with who are adamant about either going there after or meeting up there after the game. Who am I to argue with a bunch of nice young ladies :D: . Twist my arm.....

cheeses_h_rice
10-25-2005, 04:05 PM
I was going to head to Puffer's, but I'll wait for the clincher game for that with work obligations and all. Instead, I'm heading to Mix on Diversey/Halsted.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/279589,0,6331484.event?coll=mmx-home_promo_righth2o

Can't go wrong with $2 bottles and Crede shots!

Kittle, is this a good bar, or more of a fratguy/Trixie/sausage fest Lincoln Park bar? I wouldn't mind going someplace closer to home vs. Bridgeport.

Realist
10-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Kittle, is this a good bar, or more of a fratguy/Trixie/sausage fest Lincoln Park bar? I wouldn't mind going someplace closer to home vs. Bridgeport.

Anyplace we pack with Sox fans is gonna be a good bar. The fact that there's gonna be a bunch of WSIers there makes it all the better.

Chisox353014
10-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Cleo's on Chicago near Damen is a good option for those in the Wicker Park/Ukie Village area. The back room has a nice setup with a big projection screen, and it shouldn't be ridiculously crowded (I don't think). A bunch of my friends and I will be there tonight. We watched Game 1 there and it was a solid Sox environment.

epgalsoxfan
10-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Some friends and i go to mcgee's every tuesday night..i wont get there till about 930 but i will be there :)

The last few weeks there has been wall to wall sox jerseys

GO SOX!

pdimas
10-25-2005, 04:37 PM

I used to live a block away (on Burling) when it was Crush and it wasn't too bad. I don't know if they still do this but they used to have open mic comedy night. The "comics" all seemed to be Taxi drivers. I honestly didn't know what hole most of these guys crawled out of but man were they funny. Most unintentionally so :?: . But since it has changed to Mix I don't know. This I know for sure two lovely ladies will be joining me tonight (no they are not Trixies) possibly more. My buddies are coming too and they are not frat boy types in the least. My buddy Nick good ole St. Rita man,(Go Mustangs!) and my buddy Dane (sister's bf - who used to be my friend :smile: ).:gulp:

Realist
10-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Cleo's on Chicago near Damen is a good option for those in the Wicker Park/Ukie Village area. The back room has a nice setup with a big projection screen, and it shouldn't be ridiculously crowded (I don't think). A bunch of my friends and I will be there tonight. We watched Game 1 there and it was a solid Sox environment.

Hmmm... that's 2 blocks from me. Do you know if it's Steven or Jay that are bartending tonite?

Meixner007
10-25-2005, 04:41 PM
From what I remember there are 2 rooms. One has a long bar with tables. The other is a larger room w/dance floor and booths. It's pretty dark. It's got a clubby feel, not a pub feel. But for $2 drafts it should work. Enjoy.

pdimas
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Some friends and i go to mcgee's every tuesday night..i wont get there till about 930 but i will be there :)

The last few weeks there has been wall to wall sox jerseys

GO SOX!

I did the Tuesday wing thing quite a bit and still do every once in awhile but I refuse to go see a Sox game there for reasons mentioned above. BTW my friend Courtney has (among our friends) the wing record with 27 put down one night and although tall (5'10) she is not a big girl by any means. Not a bad looker either :smile:

kninchicago
10-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Halligans is a White Sox bar they show every game. In Lincoln Park that is a rarity.

Yay! A LP Sox bar! I have to work at a concert at St. Paul's church tomorrow night and will be hightailing it over immediately following as it's the closest bar I've heard of to the church, only a block away. Thank God the concert will be over and I'll be outta there before the game's over, probably in the 7th inning or so (and I can listen to Rooney and Farmer while I have to stay there).

Edited to add: The Four Moon in Roscoe Village, at Wolcott and Roscoe a block east of Damen is also a good Sox bar. The food is awesome and they don't have a parking lot but street parking is easy to be found. I'll be there tonight.

Chisox353014
10-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Hmmm... that's 2 blocks from me. Do you know if it's Steven or Jay that are bartending tonite?

I'm afraid I don't know the bartenders by name. We're generally there on Thursdays for the pizza. There's a real friendly bouncer who always tries to get us a table. Big guy. Don't know his name though.

cheeses_h_rice
10-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Realist, I'll be heading to Mix, in all likelihood. My friend Rob is working late and can't make the Puffer's scene, so I'm staying on the northside tonight.

kittle42
10-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Realist, I'll be heading to Mix, in all likelihood. My friend Rob is working late and can't make the Puffer's scene, so I'm staying on the northside tonight.

See you there!

pdimas
10-25-2005, 05:41 PM
It'll be nice to meet some of you guys. A few WSIers I have met tailgating. I'll be the short Mexican wearing a white red sleeved Winnin Ugly shirt. My name is Paco.

daveeym
10-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Kittle, is this a good bar, or more of a fratguy/Trixie/sausage fest Lincoln Park bar? I wouldn't mind going someplace closer to home vs. Bridgeport. It's owned by the same owners as Cherry Red and Joy Blue. I thought they messed it up as Crush because it was more of a Martini Bar/Lounge that turned clubby/live music on weekends when the rest of the area is surrounded by neighborhood/college sports bars. From the metromix article it sounds like they've changed the feel entirely and that it's more of a neighborhood pub/sports bar. They got a bunch of plasmas in back too.

I'd imagine they still will be working the various live music/performance/dj angle on most nights. The managing partner is a big Sox fan though.

havelj
10-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I'll be at "Durkin's" on Diversey just west of Halsted.

Catch all the White Sox World Series action at Durkin's! For games on Sunday, October23, Tuesday, October 25, Wednesday, October 26, and Thursday, October 27 (if necessary), we'll have a $20 meal package that includes a ballpark buffet and domestic drafts from the first pitch until the last out!

Realist
10-25-2005, 06:17 PM
It's owned by the same owners as Cherry Red and Joy Blue. I thought they messed it up as Crush because it was more of a Martini Bar/Lounge that turned clubby/live music on weekends when the rest of the area is surrounded by neighborhood/college sports bars. From the metromix article it sounds like they've changed the feel entirely and that it's more of a neighborhood pub/sports bar. They got a bunch of plasmas in back too.

I'd imagine they still will be working the various live music/performance/dj angle on most nights. The managing partner is a big Sox fan though.

There ain't no more Joy Blue. It... ummm... burned, as George Costanza would say.

kninchicago
10-25-2005, 06:59 PM
No more Joy Blue?!? WHA WHA WHA!!??! I didn't know that. I always had a nice time there.

That spread at Durkin's sounds good...how's the parking there? Perhaps I will head over there rather than to the Four Moon.