PDA

View Full Version : Stark: Sox Bench Unleashed

Unregistered
10-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Pretty good, funny article about the Sox bench guys - most of who haven't left the bench since the playoffs started.

"The other night, we got lobster and crab legs," Blum reported. "They've really stepped up in the playoffs. They've even added a little more decoration. Some World Series logos. And they threw in some raspberries and more exotic fruits."

But we would be remiss if we led you to believe the Bench Bunch has spent the whole darned month working on its spread-killing drills. In fact, there was a truly magical moment for one of them Sunday.

Yes, let it never be said that backup outfielder Timo Perez isn't a man of the people. He heard the roar of the crowd. He sensed a demand for a wave of the cap. So up he hopped, to the top step of the White Sox dugout, and waved away.

It was a beautiful scene, all right -- marred by just one technicality:

It was Paul Konerko (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5908), not Perez, that that crowd was chanting for -- since it was Konerko who had just smoked a go-ahead grand slam, while Perez was off testing raspberries. But Konerko was kind of busy high-fiving and hugging at the time. So somebody had to give them what they wanted. "I used to do that in New York sometimes," said Perez, the former not-necessarily-totally-beloved Met. "But there, sometimes they booed. Then I'd come back and everyone would say, 'They know you, Timo.' "
:rolling::rolling:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2202776&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Baby Fisk
10-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Our best bench moment so far could be Anderson vaulting over the dugout screen with Rowand after the Podzilla HR. "Oh my god! OH MY GOD!" :thumbsup:

SOXintheBURGH
10-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Our best bench moment so far could be Anderson vaulting over the dugout screen with Rowand after the Podzilla HR. "Oh my god! OH MY GOD!" :thumbsup:

"Oh my God!"

"Oh my God, dude!!"

"OH MY GOD!!!"

DaleJRFan
10-25-2005, 01:34 PM
I love these guys. What a team... :gulp:

professionalfan
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Pretty unfortunate for the 2 september callups missing from the clubhouse. It has to hurt to see everyone else in the dugout cheering for their Sox.

cleanwsox
10-25-2005, 02:29 PM

I love how McCarthy and Anderson are on the bench during these playoffs. Having them get a taste of the atmosphere should make them that much better when they finally insert themselves into a starting role.

SoxFan76
10-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Rowand and Anderson were priceless after Pods home run. Rowand just kept saying "oh my God" and then they both jumped up and down hugging each other like a couple fans. I love this team.

ChiSoxRowand
10-25-2005, 05:02 PM
I love how McCarthy and Anderson are on the bench during these playoffs. Having them get a taste of the atmosphere should make them that much better when they finally insert themselves into a starting role.

Borchard is also on the bench. Not sure about the other guys like Anderson and Casanova.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Rowand and Anderson were priceless after Pods home run. Rowand just kept saying "oh my God" and then they both jumped up and down hugging each other like a couple fans. I love this team.

Before that ball went over the wall, didn't Rowand go "no way, no way" a couple of times?

SoxFan76
10-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Before that ball went over the wall, didn't Rowand go "no way, no way" a couple of times?

Yeah, I think you're right.

CaptainBallz
10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
That whole scene was classic. I love seeing the players and the fans sharing almost the same emotions with something like that. I say almost because it must be so much sweeter coming out of the dugout.
But hey, B.A, MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

Dan Mega
10-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Is Kevin Walker on the bench too? :tongue: