PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Christmas Cards?

Sox&Springsteen
10-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Has anyone seen them for sale? If so, where and how much?

Thanks!

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2005, 10:23 AM
I'd like to see them........it would be perfect!

VenturaSoxFan23
10-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Thought you were talking about what Reinsdorf was sending out this year...lol.

soxittome
11-09-2005, 12:10 AM
There are some great cards for sale at www.myplayfulpaintbrush.com (http://www.myplayfulpaintbrush.com/)
They are sold thru ebay.
ten cards for 12.50 plus postage.

SoxandtheCityTee
12-13-2005, 08:02 AM
I saw those snowman ones on Ebay but I'd love to find some that refer to the World Series win in some way. I'll keep looking, and I'll post if I do see some (I send my cards out late in the season anyway.) If anyone sees any Sox-themed cards in a store, I'd really appreciate the heads-up. Thanks!

Law11
12-13-2005, 09:23 AM
There are some great cards for sale at www.myplayfulpaintbrush.com (http://www.myplayfulpaintbrush.com/)
They are sold thru ebay.

I bought these. Very nice.

alohafri
12-13-2005, 09:25 AM
We made our own using a picture Mrs. Aloha took at the parade.

gashegone72
12-13-2005, 10:39 AM
I bought these. Very nice.

Me too. And although Christmas is right around the corner, there's still time. I had the cards in my mailbox three days after buying. Great seller.

Paxson93
12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
My aunt received a cool card the other day which looked slightly hommeade, but it was a sweet angled black and white picture of the Blue Cross building with "Sox Win" on it. The back said it was from "Don't Stop Believin Productions" or something like that.

Also, the Hallmark on Washington between LaSalle and Clark has a sort of photo postcard/Christmas card with a picture of the white tickertape raining down at the parade and it says something along the lines of "Christmas in Chicago."

Law11
12-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Me too. And although Christmas is right around the corner, there's still time. I had the cards in my mailbox three days after buying. Great seller.

We actually used a great image of my wife and myself in front of our tree
with our Sox WS gear on and me holding the paper that read Belive it.

Then had full photo cards made up. Came out great.
Add the special WS mailing labels I designed it all cam out sharp.

TDog
12-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Thought you were talking about what Reinsdorf was sending out this year...lol.

When I was a teenager, someone I worked with knew someone in the Sox front office and got a Christmas Card. It had a Santa Claus with a full of bats slung over his shoulder. This was 1973, and the sender wrote "Ron Santo" on one of the bats, so excited was the organization at this December acquisition.

Frankly Missing
12-13-2005, 11:06 AM
They are sold thru ebay.

I purchased these also, shipping was very speedy.

ChiSoxGirl
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
For the first time ever, I made my own this year. They're World Champions Christmas cards with a bunch of pictures I took or collected throughout the playoffs and World Series in a collage on the front, with the words "Merry Christmas" written in red & green at the top of that collage. On the inside, I have a picture of Steve Perry singing with some of the players at the Ticker Tape Parade, one of whom is hoisting the trophy high above his head, and in red font I wrote, "May your Christmas and Holidays be filled with miracles and memories to last a lifetime." Even my friends who aren't Sox fans are getting this card because it's awesome... and the Cub fans are getting it as a form of rubbing it in just a little bit. :wink:

robiwho
12-13-2005, 12:09 PM
We took a picture of the kids in their Sox gear and ordered cards from ofoto.com. The card has a black background with a diamond pattern, so we made the pic black and white. The text says, "Dear Santa: Thanks for giving us everything we wanted this year! Happy Sox Holidays from Robiwho, Mr. Robiwho and the little Robiwhos." (Well, ok, it actually has our real names, but you get the idea.)

Rave reviews -- even from the cub fans on our mailing list.

Law11
12-13-2005, 12:13 PM
We took a picture of the kids in their Sox gear and ordered cards from ofoto.com. The card has a black background with a diamond pattern, so we made the pic black and white. The text says, "Dear Santa: Thanks for giving us everything we wanted this year! Happy Sox Holidays from Robiwho, Mr. Robiwho and the little Robiwhos." (Well, ok, it actually has our real names, but you get the idea.)

Rave reviews -- even from the cub fans on our mailing list.

That sounds great. I like the text line... There should be a photo section of just WSI Xmas cards...