PDA

View Full Version : Wicker Park Sox Fans

Realist
10-25-2005, 01:46 AM
I was thinking about going down to the southside for the game on Tuesday, but if we get enough people together in the neighborhood, I wouldn't mind sticking close to home.

I watched us clinch the American League title at Mac's on Division. A good friend of mine was bartending and will be bartending on Tuesday as well. They'll have the game on all the TV's and a couple of HD plasmas over the bar. Oh... and the food is really good too.

Anybody wanna do this?

pdimas
10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey nice meeting you at the tailgate on Saturday! I was trying to get some people together somewhere closer to home as well (Old Town). I'll give cwsfannick a call and see what he wants to do.

BigHurt35
10-25-2005, 10:45 AM
I don't think Mac's is that great a place to watch the game. I have been going up to the Damen Ave Grill a couple blocks north of Armitage. They have cheap beers, good food, and two HDs right behind the bar. My friends and I are 3-0 there these playoffs. It is a hike from my block (Damen & Division), but it has treated me right thus far.

skottyj242
10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't think Mac's is that great a place to watch the game. I have been going up to the Damen Ave Grill a couple blocks north of Armitage. They have cheap beers, good food, and two HDs right behind the bar. My friends and I are 3-0 there these playoffs. It is a hike from my block (Damen & Division), but it has treated me right thus far.

A couple of my friends went in there on Saturday and said they had a good time. I usually go to Lottie's on Cortland just east of Damen, nice little bar, decent food and great t.v. situation. I think I'm staying in though, saving myself for the clincher tomorrow.

ChicagoHoosier
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM

Good to know that's a good place to watch a game. I live right around the corner from it! I went there a few years ago and the place really sucked, but I think it was new and was still trying to get its feet wet.

I would love to join you guys, but I've got my procedure I have to follow which involves watching the game at my house, with my wife, and the same outfit and number of beers for every game. If I break protocol now, I'm afraid of what may happen. I realize I'm just one man, but I need to do everything I can to keep this train rollin!

ChicagoHoosier
10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
A couple of my friends went in there on Saturday and said they had a good time. I usually go to Lottie's on Cortland just east of Damen, nice little bar, decent food and great t.v. situation. I think I'm staying in though, saving myself for the clincher tomorrow.

So, if anyone is definitely going out around Bucktown, like Damen Ave. Sports Bar or Lotties, let me know and I'll meet up with you guys for a beer after the victory!

pdimas
10-25-2005, 12:33 PM
I think we have pretty much decided on the Fireplace Inn on Wells.

Edit: Upon further review I think we are going to Mix on Halsted and Diversey instead. Can't beat Sox themed shots and beer specials :)