PDA

View Full Version : You guys ready to ride the trade rollercoaster again?

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 10:33 AM
Here we go again... (http://www.timesonline.com/news/sports/4659573.htm)

Judging by yesterdays performances by most of you, I will alert local hospitals to get ready for a rash of heart attacks.

duke of dorwood
12-13-2001, 10:34 AM
I've already had CPR on this latest one

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 10:45 AM
Uh-oh, looks like the Ritchie trade might have gone through. Better run for the hills, the tempers will start flaring up very soon.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

LOL!

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 11:09 AM
Report: Pirates send Ritchie to White Sox for Lowe, Wells
December 13, 2001

BOSTON (TICKER) -- Pittsburgh Pirates righthander Todd Ritchie, who enjoyed a remarkable turnaround during the 2001 season, reportedly has been traded to the Chicago White Sox for pitchers Kip Wells, Sean Lowe and Josh Fogg.

ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago is reporting that the deal, which had been talked about for days, will be announced at an 11 a.m. EST news conference. Chicago also will receive minor league catcher Lee Evans in the deal.

After winning 24 games in 1999-2000, Ritchie found himself 0-6 on June 8. But he won 11 of his next 17 decisions before finishing the season with a losses in his last two starts. For the season, he was 11-14 with a 4.49 ERA in 32 starts.

harwar
12-13-2001, 11:14 AM
I like Ritchie,i really do,he was on my list of pitchers to try and get,but trading away Sean Lowe is a BIG MISTAKE!!!

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 11:17 AM
Actually I don't care about losing Lowe, I'm just upset that we had to give away Wells and Fogg. Ritchie is an established major league starter, but this is too much to give away IMO.

I have to give a thumbs down on this trade.

Daver
12-13-2001, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by rdivaldi
Actually I don't care about losing Lowe, I'm just upset that we had to give away Wells and Fogg. Ritchie is an established major league starter, but this is too much to give away IMO.

I have to give a thumbs down on this trade.

Lowe was worth two Kip Wells.

Wells has proven he is a bust as a MLB starter,good riddance.

I think in the long run the one we will miss is Fogg.

harwar
12-13-2001, 11:40 AM
Actually I don't care about losing Lowe, I'm just upset that we had to give away Wells and Fogg.

I hope your trying to be funny.Losing Lowe REALLY hurts.Solid starter,great middle-relief guy,clubhouse leader,smart pitcher and hard worker with a great attitude.No one on the Sox is happy about this trade except management.

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 11:53 AM
I hope your trying to be funny.Losing Lowe REALLY hurts.Solid starter,great middle-relief guy,clubhouse leader,smart pitcher and hard worker with a great attitude.

Oh please. He did a good job for us in the past, but he was not a part of the future of this team. If the loss of Lowe really hurts your team, then you have other problems to deal with. I'm sure we'll be just fine without him.

harwar
12-13-2001, 12:03 PM
Oh please. He did a good job for us in the past, but he was not a part of the future of this team. If the loss of Lowe really hurts your team, then you have other problems to deal with. I'm sure we'll be just fine without him.

I don't know what to say to that,except that you really have NO IDEA just what in the hell is going on is baseball.You sound suspiciously like a cub fan to me.

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 12:06 PM
I don't know what to say to that,except that you really have NO IDEA just what in the hell is going on is baseball.You sound suspiciously like a cub fan to me.

Or maybe your ego can't take it when someone has a different opinion from yours.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Again, relax kids.

harwar
12-13-2001, 12:12 PM

Or maybe your ego can't take it when someone has a different opinion from yours.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Again, relax kids.

No,i don't think so.I've been coming to this site almost every morning for almost 3 years now and i've never had a problem with anyone elses' opinions.Not until now that is.You just seem to be such a TOTAL FREAKING MORON,thats all.Is that relaxed enough for you?

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 12:21 PM
No,i don't think so.I've been coming to this site almost every morning for almost 3 years now and i've never had a problem with anyone elses' opinions.Not until now that is.You just seem to be such a TOTAL FREAKING MORON,thats all.Is that relaxed enough for you?

Oh please, is that the extent of your mental capacity? I'm so upset that the great 3 year poster harwar called me a moron.

Instead of being insulting, you could have done something classy and intelligent like making a case for why Lowe is so valuable to the team. But no, you had to start slinging insults. Pretty pathetic.

harwar
12-13-2001, 12:28 PM
Instead of being insulting, you could have done something classy and intelligent like making a case for why Lowe is so valuable to the team. But no, you had to start slinging insults. Pretty pathetic.

Thats exactly what i did under some of the other subject titles.I'm not going to reiterate just for your benefit.I grow weary of trying to talk to you.Its like going on a long ocean voyage and getting shipwrecked before you even get aboard.You are illogical.

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 12:31 PM
Lowe is a 30 YO middle reliever with two pitches and a fastball that tops out at 90.

Ritchie is 30 YO 200IP starter whose fastball tops out at 95 and has a heavy sinker. He is also a hard worker who his teammates loved.

The Sox had too many mediocre pitchers like Lowe on the team. Ritchie is a good veteran #2/3. Attitude be damned, give me hard working talent anyday of the week...

Iwritecode
12-13-2001, 12:36 PM

Oh please, is that the extent of your mental capacity? I'm so upset that the great 3 year poster harwar called me a moron.

I think the only reason people see Lowe as so valuable is because of what he did last year. That's because he was one of the few veterans that didn't get hurt! Had we not lost: Osuna, Wunsch, Parque and Simas we wouldn't have relied on him so much. He's a great guy and I really hate to see him go but we have sooo many pitchers right now, we can't keep them all... IMHO

rdivaldi
12-13-2001, 12:37 PM
I'm not going to reiterate just for your benefit.

Well I guess I just won't be able to sleep tonight knowing that I didn't get your words of wisdom. :smile:

I grow weary of trying to talk to you.Its like going on a long ocean voyage and getting shipwrecked before you even get aboard.You are illogical.

Are you trying to be clever? If you are, you failed miserably.

Illogical? Are you trying to cover up the fact that you never explained what you disagreed with?

Forget it harwar, your true colors came through when you started slinging insults from the beginning. I find it hard to believe that you are one to take the high road, which you are pretending to take. Make a case for why Lowe is so valuable to this team or hold your peace.