PDA

View Full Version : Fan slaps Biggio's Wife...

Chicago
10-24-2005, 09:54 PM
After game 2... a fan ran up to Biggio's wife and slapped her in the back of the head...then ran...

Biggio's wife ran after him and caught him...

He was arrested.

Ozzie gave an apology for this... but Biggio said he doesn't hold the city/fans responsible for 1 fans actions.

WHAT A ****ING IDIOT. Who are these people that have my tickets???

Unregistered
10-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I wonder how/if the jackass even knew it was Biggio's wife...

From the San Fran Gate:
TOUGH TOWN: Astros second baseman Craig Biggio played down an altercation between his wife, Patty, and a rowdy fan at U.S. Cellular Field on Sunday night.

"It was one guy who acted like a 12-year-old, who slapped her upside the head," said Biggio. "I'm not going to sit here and hold all the Chicago fans accountable for this for one guy who was acting like an idiot."

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Monday he was going to personally apologize to Biggio on Tuesday.

"I know the security in Chicago is doing a great job and when something happens so quickly, you can't blame anybody," Guillen said. "And the guy that did it, he should be brought to Biggio and he's the one who can hopefully get him back.

"I told the police, 'Don't put him in jail, bring him to me in the dugout,'" Guillen said. "Hopefully, that won't happen again."

Uncle_Patrick
10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Unfortunately, this story is already all over the Astros (and Cubs) boards.

I was wondering how this idiot knew it was Biggio's wife, too. I wouldn't know her if I saw her. Heck, I wouldn't even know any of the Sox players' wives.

HotelWhiteSox
10-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Yep, was very disgusted when I saw this story. Not only for the act itself, but now another misconception about Sox fans like us, who let fans of opponents be unless they act rude or stupid. I would like more information released on whoever did this, as we know, it was not all Sox fans who got tickets to these games. Also, I'm glad with the attitude Biggio took. I'm guessing she was wearing Astro's gear, since I doubt she had a "Mrs. Biggio" nametag, but still, who the **** puts his hands on a women that he doesn't know, especially with the possibility of harm, disgusting. I'm glad he got caught and I hope he gets in deep **** for his actions or someone takes authority.

likeawarlord
10-24-2005, 10:15 PM

yeah, this is juuuuust what we need. i know i'm biased, but i feel like white sox fans would give another team's fans the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this.

RedPinStripes
10-24-2005, 10:19 PM
One ****ing ******* is now going to give a few morons something to write about and try to label Sox fans again. :angry:

They should bring this guy to Biggio. That is beyond competition or razzing. pathetic and classless.

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2005, 10:22 PM
So this classless ******* gets a ticket to a World Series game, leaving behind thousands of exemplary, well-behaved Sox fans sitting at home to watch?

Un****ingbelievable.

Houston fans, I'd like to apologize on behalf of this ****ing moron.

CJLove23
10-24-2005, 10:24 PM

Since Astro and Cub fans are all perfect, I bet they are all really upset!!

Another stupid isolated incident that is going to be blown up in the papers and by Astro/Cub fans :mad: Why would you ****ing do that when we just won the second game of the World Series?!

PennStater98r
10-24-2005, 10:25 PM
The guy is a moron - but I'll bet that he simply saw a lady wearing Astros gear and thought it would be funny to do what he did. I'll bet he didn't even know that it was Biggio's wife - and that ended up being worse for him because anyone else probably wouldn't have chased him down and caught him.

FarWestChicago
10-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Why would you ****ing do that when we just won the second game of the World Series?!Look at the number of idiots we have around here despite all the work we do to keep them out. Unfortunately, it's not surprising at all. :(:

mccoydp
10-24-2005, 10:28 PM
This dude is a stupid ****ing ****bag.

ThatGuyOnTheL
10-24-2005, 10:32 PM
What a total loser. Folks, if for some strange reason the series comes back to Chicago (e.g. the entire team gets food poisoning for 3 days straight), make a point of being nice to Astros fans you see on the street. Offer to give them directions, recommend a restaurant, etc. They're entirely harmless, and I would love for folks to go home and tell their friends that there's plenty of Midwestern friendliness in the capital of the Midwest.

iamkoza
10-24-2005, 10:39 PM
What a total loser. Folks, if for some strange reason the series comes back to Chicago (e.g. the entire team gets food poisoning for 3 days straight), make a point of being nice to Astros fans you see on the street. Offer to give them directions, recommend a restaurant, etc. They're entirely harmless, and I would love for folks to go home and tell their friends that there's plenty of Midwestern friendliness in the capital of the Midwest.

how can someone that dumb afford a ticket near where a player's wife is sitting? That makes me more angry than the incident.

Frankfan4life
10-24-2005, 10:40 PM
I first saw mention of this incident on the Astros MLB board. I was hoping it wasn't true. Unfortunately, it is. At first they were saying a guy pulled her hair and shook her. Nevertheless, any type of violence toward a visiting fan is unacceptable. It is so easy for one person's behavior to make all of us look bad. Only a miserable excuse for a human being would do something like that.

I also offer my apologies to Mrs. Biggio and to all Houston Astros fans.
I am really sorry this happened. Please don't believe all White Sox fans are like that. We're not.

Fuller_Schettman
10-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Look at the number of idiots we have around here despite all the work we do to keep them out. Unfortunately, it's not surprising at all. :(:

Hey, I represent that!
:?:

SweetnesSox
10-24-2005, 10:43 PM
how can someone that dumb afford a ticket near where a player's wife is sitting? That makes me more angry than the incident. from my understanding, it was after the game, on the street.

ThatGuyOnTheL
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
how can someone that dumb afford a ticket near where a player's wife is sitting? That makes me more angry than the incident.

Since when does having money correlate with being a good person? :D:

hose
10-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Something just doesn't add up here. Without firsthand accounts I find this very hard to believe. I've been to baseball games all over the country and at least 500 games at Comiskey/Cell over the years and have never seen a man slap a woman in the back of the head and then run away during a game.

Half Cocked Jack
10-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Something just doesn't add up here. Without firsthand accounts I find this very hard to believe. I've been to baseball games all over the country and at least 500 games at Comiskey/Cell over the years and have never seen a man slap a woman in the back of the head and then run away during a game.
Likely, there was some altercation beforehand. Or, the "slapping" was some kind of incidental thing that has been exagerrated. Still, the guy is more than likely a complete moron.

antitwins13
10-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, This is really too bad that this had to happen to Ms. Biggio. I'm sure the person who did it feels really bad about it now. I'm sure he had a few too many Miller Lights during the game.

kevingrt
10-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Look at the number of idiots we have around here despite all the work we do to keep them out. Unfortunately, it's not surprising at all. :(:

Good point, a few yahoo's always seem to find a way through the system.

spiffie
10-24-2005, 11:41 PM
:moron

I told you these fans are violent lunatics.

elrod
10-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Chicago resident Jay Mariotti was arrested last night on a charge of battery related to an incident at Game Two of the World Series at US Cellular Field. Mr. Marriotti, a columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times allegedly "slapped" at the wife of Houston Astros second baseman Craig Biggio. After the arrest, Mr. Biggio commented, "It's rather sad and pathetic what some people will do to get attention. I know most White Sox fans are decent and well-behaved people. I certainly don't hold this Mariotti character to be an example of Chicago or White Sox fans."

rocky biddle
10-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Why would you ****ing do that when we just won the second game of the World Series?!

Why would you do that period? There is absolutely no excuse to EVER do something like that to a woman. I don't care how many beers he had or whatever else he may say in his defense. I really hope this guy was taught some manners by the fine men and women of the Chicago Police Dept.

StillMissOzzie
10-25-2005, 01:12 AM

Hey, I resemble that remark!

BTW, that's a beautiful new siggy picture you've got there, FWC!

SMO
:moonwalk:

CJLove23
10-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Why would you do that period? There is absolutely no excuse to EVER do something like that to a woman. I don't care how many beers he had or whatever else he may say in his defense. I really hope this guy was taught some manners by the fine men and women of the Chicago Police Dept.

I agree! There is absolutely no excuse for what that putz did...:angry:

Theanticub
10-25-2005, 03:19 AM
Here is my take....

First off, was it in the stadium? I mean when podsednik hit that homerun, everyone went crazy. I accidentally hit the person next to me in the cheek, jumping up and down. I'm not making excuses here, i'm just facing facts...when the sox win...I jump...or do the fist pump..or whatever.

Secondly, If it was out of the stadium.......it must of been a cubs fan, thats the only logical answer.

I have been going to sox games for years. Besides the luinge (spelling) incident, who was an admitted cubs fan, I have never seen anything happen at the stadium. I mean yeah people get drunk and get some beer muscles, but that happens everywhere.

This is just not the publicity we need.

Wsoxmike59
10-25-2005, 06:23 AM
This is reminiscent of the 1984 incident during the NLCS when some stupid fan at San Diego's Jack Murphy stadium pushed Ryne Sandberg's father down the stairs after one of the games.

It's beyond stupid, it's criminal! I hope they charge that guy to the fullest extent of the law. (But I like Ozzie's solution better....just hand the LOSER over the boys in the dugout!!!)

I've always liked Craig Biggio as a player, he always played the game the right way. It's unfortunate that the act of 1 idiot is going to mar the reputation of all the great decent and respectful Sox fans everywhere.

white sox bill
10-25-2005, 06:40 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/worldseries/cst-nws-biggio25.html

STROSFAN
10-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Yeah this story has been played on all the news stations down here. I thought it was awesome that Ozzie came out and apologized for that clown's actions. Anyway, the White Sox are a classy organization. I thought it was funny in an interview with Biggio in regards to the Jerk that slapped her and then took off running, "that's what he gets for messing with a Jersey girl" or something like that. Every city has there jerk offs, there was a so called Astro fan 2 weeks ago that got arrested because he chased and followed a lady that had a Cardinals lincense plate around town and was flipping her off and etc.

kevin57
10-25-2005, 07:13 AM
I had been holding off commenting on this until I could see it verified...and God knows, articles this morning in the Cubune and the Sun-Times do not automatically verify anything, but it appears to be true.

Sad. :(: It's very bad behavior.

Infuriating. :angry: It may spark a deflating Astros team.

Frustrating. :cuss: It affirms and enflames Sox fan stereotypes.

I agree, hand that Tool over to Ozzie and the guys in the dugout!

power98
10-25-2005, 07:51 AM
"I told the police, 'Don't put him in jail, bring him to me in the dugout,'" Guillen said. "Hopefully, that won't happen again."
Was I the only one that read that line and said "yep, he's a true White Sox manager!"?

Flashback time....
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/assetpool/images/0341613240_fan.jpg
Security and players rushed to the aid of the 40-year-old Diaz, who served in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve. The fan was quickly taken away and Diaz, who was not hurt, finished the game.

"When I looked over, there was one of the fans from the stands and I just got him off me," Diaz said. "I just turned around and got him off me. The good hand-to-hand combat they taught me worked."

If you're an idiot fan that likes to assault umpires and players' wives, come to Chicago, and get your beatdown. We know how to deal with you.

jdm2662
10-25-2005, 07:52 AM
There are moron fans for every team. The White Sox are no exception. We are just going to get more flack for reasons already known. Fights with fans of other teams have broken out in every Bears game I've ever been to (I've been to at least a season since 1999), but you will never hear about it in the papers. I hope this person is taken to the dugout and let the boys take care of business.

steff
10-25-2005, 08:00 AM
What's with the flashback bull****?

veeter
10-25-2005, 08:14 AM
It sucks that it'll be "there goes another Sox fan". This has nothing to do with any of that. He's not a Sox fan, he's a jerk. I wish Biggio's brother-in-law would have just wailed on him right there. And as far as the angelic little cub fans go, how about when they assaulted Bartman, as he was being led out of Crumbly field.

woodenleg
10-25-2005, 08:18 AM
I first saw mention of this incident on the Astros MLB board. I was hoping it wasn't true. Unfortunately, it is. At first they were saying a guy pulled her hair and shook her. Nevertheless, any type of violence toward a visiting fan is unacceptable. It is so easy for one person's behavior to make all of us look bad. Only a miserable excuse for a human being would do something like that.

I also offer my apologies to Mrs. Biggio and to all Houston Astros fans.
I am really sorry this happened. Please don't believe all White Sox fans are like that. We're not.

It doesn't 'make us all look bad' except in the eyes of snooty north siders or something. No one else is responsible for that guys' behavior.

And how many 'provocations' do we have to have before people acknowledge that it isn't necessarily a Sox fan? How did he get his seat? He could have been a mafioso or something, or yet another crybaby who wanted to make the Sox look bad. That would be typical of a certain 'mentality', shall we say.

I say he knew who she was. I also noticed this on the boards first, and the story appears to keep changing...

Well, we all knew there would be slime like this.

I don't like the subject heading of this thread. Who says the guy's a 'fan' of any team? I'm sure we all know how many rich egomaniacs hog the seats in a World Series.

power98
10-25-2005, 08:31 AM
What's with the flashback bull****?Just trying to show an example of what happens to idiot fans that show up to the Cell....not trying to start anything....

asindc
10-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Yeah this story has been played on all the news stations down here. I thought it was awesome that Ozzie came out and apologized for that clown's actions. Anyway, the White Sox are a classy organization. I thought it was funny in an interview with Biggio in regards to the Jerk that slapped her and then took off running, "that's what he gets for messing with a Jersey girl" or something like that. Every city has there jerk offs, there was a so called Astro fan 2 weeks ago that got arrested because he chased and followed a lady that had a Cardinals lincense plate around town and was flipping her off and etc.

Strosfan,

I appreciate your understanding. I've been to many sporting events in my lifetime, some at visiting stadiums, where lewd behavior threaten to spoil a good time. My first reaction to the story was that 1) I wish I could have been the guy to catch that a*****e and 2) I hope the Sox players and families will not suffer at the hands of a similar a*****e in Houston. Unfortunately, there are a few in every crowd, but I trust the Astros organization to keep a safe environment.

mikesouthside
10-25-2005, 09:06 AM
If it happened by his wife...odds are she had good seats inturn which means he wasn't a Sox fan. We all got screwed by TM. The guy must have gotten them from someone "connected". NO SOX FAN would pay $1,000+ a seat to heckle/slap a woman.

WHAT A TOOL !!!

Baby Fisk
10-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Sad. :(: It's very bad behavior.

Infuriating. :angry: It may spark a deflating Astros team.

Frustrating. :cuss: It affirms and enflames Sox fan stereotypes.

I agree, hand that Tool over to Ozzie and the guys in the dugout!
Agreed with all four points.

tifosiv122
10-25-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm sorry I know its bad, but I've had similar harrassment in NY. Everytime I went to a NYY/CWS game and we won (which was every time I went) I would get yelled at, cursed at, drunk fans in my face. Nobody touched me, could be because I am a guy and they knew I would hit back, but there are always fans that get out of control...it's the alcohol talking.

Erik

shoota II
10-25-2005, 09:33 AM
If it happened by his wife...odds are she had good seats inturn which means he wasn't a Sox fan. We all got screwed by TM. The guy must have gotten them from someone "connected". NO SOX FAN would pay $1,000+ a seat to heckle/slap a woman.

WHAT A TOOL !!!

The link on post #29 of this thread says this:

The man, whom the Sox won't identify, is banned from U.S. Cellular Field until team officials figure out exactly what happened. They did learn he was sitting in seats that belonged to "a medical consultant to the club who gave them to another doctor,'' said Reifert.

Talk about embarrassing for the Sox medical consultant who gave away his tickets. This reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry David gets courtside tickets to a Lakers game from his season ticket-holding agent, and accidentaly trips and injures Shaq. Larry's agent then gets his season tickets ripped from him over the incident because he's responsible for the guests that sit in his seat.

LongLiveFisk
10-25-2005, 09:40 AM
That's a definite idiot. No excuse for such stupid behavior. :angry:

cubhater
10-25-2005, 09:45 AM

There was two Astro fans sitting next to me at Game 2 who were very pleasant and never got any crap from Sox fans throughout the game. They were staying an extra day in town and I told them about some places they should check out before they left. It was great listening to them talk about their players and vice versa. After Pods' HR we shook hands and the gentleman tipped his cap to everyone around us. Classsy fans.

Sox fans, we're in damage control now. Do your best to go out of your way and represent yourselves well if you're down in Houston this week. Same goes if the series returns here. Don't let another moron ruin our rep. This is our time to shine.

cubhater
10-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Talk about embarrassing for the Sox medical consultant who gave away his tickets.

I'm sure our very own Dr. Beckett would love to take over that job and seats.:cool:

ElevenUp
10-25-2005, 09:50 AM
The link on post #29 of this thread says this:

Talk about embarrassing for the Sox medical consultant who gave away his tickets. This reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry David gets courtside tickets to a Lakers game from his season ticket-holding agent, and accidentaly trips and injures Shaq. Larry's agent then gets his season tickets ripped from him over the incident because he's responsible for the guests that sit in his seat.

It's too bad they won't release this idiot's name. He deserves the public humiliation he would get by having his name out there.

tifosiv122
10-25-2005, 09:58 AM
It's too bad they won't release this idiot's name. He deserves the public humiliation he would get by having his name out there.

Like Bartman?

Erik

The Dude
10-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Was I the only one that read that line and said "yep, he's a true White Sox manager!"?

Flashback time....
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/assetpool/images/0341613240_fan.jpg

If you're an idiot fan that likes to assault umpires and players' wives, come to Chicago, and get your beatdown. We know how to deal with you.

So you make 30+ posts in over 4 years and this is one of them? Give me a ****ing break. Like we dont remember that?

Uncle_Patrick
10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Like Bartman?

Erik

That was the first thing that came to my mind. Best to let this loser remain anonymous for two reasons:

1) So no one decides its up to themselves to reprimand this guy since the Biggio's did not press charges.

2) Since no one knows his name, he can be forgetten. We're already stuck with the name of William Ligue as the "typical" Sox fan. No reason to add to the list.

Jerko
10-25-2005, 10:20 AM
I give Biggio some credit here for taking the high road so to speak. That little twerp Ausmus, on the other hand, can kiss my ass. Tool. "I'd be embarrassed if I was from Chicago..........". So would we Brad, so would we. Go home and worry about your roof being closed you twit. I'm embarrassed you've accomplished a few hits in this series. :angry: :angry:

As for the goof that started it all, I could PROBABLY find out his name but I'm not gonna waste my time. Let him fade away where he came from and I hope the guy who gave him those seats gets them revoked. Isn't that the rule? I agree with an earlier post; Mrs. Biggio probably just had an Astro jacket on or something and this goof thought it would be funny to run up behind her and play slap-ass, or slap-head, in this case and she just happened to be married to a player. Either way, he's an idiot. :angry: :angry:

beckett21
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm sure our very own Dr. Beckett would love to take over that job and seats.:cool:

Sounds like a plan to me. I know I can behave myself.

Send me a PM Brooks! :D:

The Dude
10-25-2005, 10:41 AM
I give Biggio some credit here for taking the high road so to speak. That little twerp Ausmus, on the other hand, can kiss my ass. Tool. "I'd be embarrassed if I was from Chicago..........". So would we Brad, so would we. Go home and worry about your roof being closed you twit. I'm embarrassed you've accomplished a few hits in this series. :angry: :angry:

As for the goof that started it all, I could PROBABLY find out his name but I'm not gonna waste my time. Let him fade away where he came from and I hope the guy who gave him those seats gets them revoked. Isn't that the rule? I agree with an earlier post; Mrs. Biggio probably just had an Astro jacket on or something and this goof thought it would be funny to run up behind her and play slap-ass, or slap-head, in this case and she just happened to be married to a player. Either way, he's an idiot. :angry: :angry:

Well the good thing about no name and no charges is that hopefully this will be quickly forgotten. But knowing the Cubune, it will be brought up with any reference to the 2005 World Series of the White Sox.:angry:

Jenks4Pres
10-25-2005, 10:44 AM
This guy should be sentenced to death by firing squad.

WHITE SOX IN 4!!!!!!!!!!!

LongLiveFisk
10-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Well unfortunately, judging an entire group by the actions of one or a few is a major societal problem. If the opposite happened, I would be smart enough to realize it's a random jerk and I wouldn't be painting the entire city of Houston as lowlifes. Hopefully enough people over there are sensible enough to realize that, but you are always going to have those people that make blanket statements because it's so convenient.

TommyJohn
10-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Well unfortunately, judging an entire group by the actions of one or a few is a major societal problem. If the opposite happened, I would be smart enough to realize it's a random jerk and I wouldn't be painting the entire city of Houston as lowlifes. Hopefully enough people over there are sensible enough to realize that, but you are always going to have those people that make blanket statements because it's so convenient.

Bigotry against racial and religious groups is intolerable (as well it should be)
but bigotry based on what city you are from or what team you root for seems
to be acceptable; even clean, harmless fun.

LongLiveFisk
10-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Bigotry against racial and religious groups is intolerable (as well it should be)
but bigotry based on what city you are from or what team you root for seems
to be acceptable; even clean, harmless fun.

If it's "fun" and good-natured kidding, then I agree with you. I'm talking about people seriously jumping to conclusions about all White Sox fans thanks to idiots like Ligue and this bozo. It's a bunch of B.S.

Hondo
10-25-2005, 12:18 PM
I write for a small town daily here and everyday I listen to the local radio station to get what's going on in and around town.
At 7:20 every morning, the local sports guys does his radio thing and before his first break today he says, "And when we come back I'll tell you why I'm a Cubs fan and not a White Sox fan."
After the break he gives the Biggio story and says, swear to the good lord, "That stuff doesn't happen at Wrigley,"
Yeah that stuff doesn't happen at Wrigley unless you're a member of the Dodger bullpen.

This radio dope and the guy who smacked Biggio's wife prove you sometimes can't reverse ignorance.

Over By There
10-25-2005, 12:27 PM
This is awful, and it sucks that Sox fans will be stereotyped again.

But regarding any abuse that we may be taking on Cub boards...

Any Cub fan that gives Sox fans grief over this can kiss my hiney. This is the same group of fans that was laying in wait to beat the living crap out of Bartman a couple years ago for trying to catch a foul ball. *****, Cub fans.

Hangar18
10-25-2005, 12:31 PM

WHAT A TOOL !!!

This is exactly what I was thinking, in trying to profile this person. I have a very strong hunch, that if the issue were pressed, we'd find out that this guy
wasnt even a SOX fan at all .........

Harry Chappas
10-25-2005, 12:34 PM
I can't get AM1000 here, but I heard a Patrick tease when I was at lunch that said something like "You're not going to believe what happened to a future Hall-of-Famer's wife...". I can only hope Patrick doesn't paint all Sox fans with a broad brush.

whitesox_1
10-25-2005, 12:38 PM
was it william lugue!! :rolling:

Jerko
10-25-2005, 12:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Unregistered
10-25-2005, 12:44 PM
was it william lugue!! :rolling:HILARIOUS!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-25-2005, 01:10 PM

WHAT A TOOL !!!

Perhaps this is why the White Sox did not release the information.

The man, whom the Sox won't identify, is banned from U.S. Cellular Field until team officials figure out exactly what happened. They did learn he was sitting in seats that belonged to "a medical consultant to the club who gave them to another doctor,'' said Reifert

power98
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
So you make 30+ posts in over 4 years and this is one of them? Give me a ****ing break. Like we dont remember that?
Yes, I've made 30+ posts in 4 years. Sorry I'm not the studly poster that you are. I have a life.

And yes, I know you remember the previous incident. I wasn't trying to inform you, your DUDENESS. This is a message board...where people offer opinions, analysis, and every once in a while they even try to be funny. Many, including myself, fail. However, if you don't like a post, use the scroll bar at the left of your browser window to remove the offending verbage...instead of thinking yourself so clever because you notice the frequency of my input to this forum.

cheeses_h_rice
10-25-2005, 02:02 PM
was it william lugue!! :rolling:

:unsure:

:?:

:rolleyes:

maurice
10-25-2005, 02:02 PM
The reported account of this event is pretty darn suspicious. If the evidence showed that some tool verbally harrassed, struck, and pulled the hair of a woman at a WS game, it's extremely unlikely that the CPD would just let him go without filing charges. (There would be tons of witnesses, and the filing of charges would not be up to the Biggios.) While I'm curious to know what the Sox investigation reveals, preferably the media will let this non-story die.

Deuce
10-25-2005, 02:07 PM
What shocks me is that a bunch of Sox fans didn't kick the **** out of him as he was running back. Biggio's wife must have caught up to him quick.

Deuce

cheeses_h_rice
10-25-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm also confused about the different reports of what happened. Some say the guy pulled her hair, others say he slapped her.

Is it possible that the incident is being blown out of proportion? I can envision a scenario where the jerk in question walked by Mrs. Biggio, saw an Astros hat, and sort of sideswiped it trying to knock it off, and that gets construed as being a "slap." I mean, if he really did hit her or pull her hair, that's a jailable offense. So why wasn't he arrested?

Layla
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
From what I read today, after Paulie's home run, she and family members she were with were jostled by the people behind them.

What I don't understand is such an obvious: what's the point? It wouldn't surprise me if the guy was not even a baseball fan, just got a freebie ticket, had a few too many, and decided to be tough guy against a woman. Jerk.

Jerko
10-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I can see some sophomoric clown giving her a head slap and then putting his arm down real fast, acting like someone else did it. The old "tap em on the wrong shoulder" trick taken to a little higher extreme. Somebody probably saw him and busted the guy which is why he ran and was caught so quickly.

Uncle_Patrick
10-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Is it possible that the incident is being blown out of proportion?

I'm pretty sure that's the case by now. I mean, it does suck and it was stupid, but some people are acting like she was beaten up, which clearly wasn't the case.

HotelWhiteSox
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm also confused about the different reports of what happened. Some say the guy pulled her hair, others say he slapped her.

Nooo, the media would never do that

Patty Biggio was accompanied to the game by the couple's three children, said Biggio's agent, Barry Axelrod. She "feels the whole thing got blown out of proportion,'' Axelrod said.

"It was ironic because the prior night she commented to her family and friends about how much she was enjoying the atmosphere: the music and the security were first-rate,'' Axelrod said.

StockdaleForVeep
10-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Unless she's a celeb or some guy is really obsessed with players' wives but, how the hell did this guy even know that was mrs. biggio?

MsSoxVixen22
10-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Granted we've heard the whole story and I don't think we did, I was downright ashamed and saddened to hear that someone hit a woman. I'm glad Biggio was "cool" about it at least. I agree let Ozzie have him-he could really "teach him a lesson" :wink: Now everyone will start with the whole Sox Park isn't safe....Sox fans are the worst....:rolleyes: I have NEVER seen anything bad happen at Sox Park, all the times I've been there. Every team has their ******* fans but because it happened at Sox park its blown up.:angry: Whoever it was didn't deserve to be there and I bet whoever gave him the tix feels like an ass. Hats off to the Sox organization for handling this with class

steff
10-25-2005, 03:19 PM

From her mouth, that's exactly what's happened.

Jerko
10-25-2005, 03:20 PM
From her mouth, that's exactly what's happened.

CPD says the same thing. It wasn't even a big deal as it was happening from what I've heard.

Iguana775
10-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Granted we've heard the whole story and I don't think we did, I was downright ashamed and saddened to hear that someone hit a woman. I'm glad Biggio was "cool" about it at least. I agree let Ozzie have him-he could really "teach him a lesson" :wink: Now everyone will start with the whole Sox Park isn't safe....Sox fans are the worst....:rolleyes: I have NEVER seen anything bad happen at Sox Park, all the times I've been there. Every team has their ******* fans but because it happened at Sox park its blown up.:angry: Whoever it was didn't deserve to be there and I bet whoever gave him the tix feels like an ass. Hats off to the Sox organization for handling this with class

I hope whoever gave him those tickets is banned as well.

Jerko
10-25-2005, 03:24 PM
I hope whoever gave him those tickets is banned as well.

I wonder if that person even knows yet???????

ode to veeck
10-25-2005, 09:55 PM
The reported account of this event is pretty darn suspicious. If the evidence showed that some tool verbally harrassed, struck, and pulled the hair of a woman at a WS game, it's extremely unlikely that the CPD would just let him go without filing charges. (There would be tons of witnesses, and the filing of charges would not be up to the Biggios.) While I'm curious to know what the Sox investigation reveals, preferably the media will let this non-story die.

story was the Biggios preferred not to press charges

BarbG
10-25-2005, 10:47 PM
There comes a time when it's not a CHOICE whether or not to press charges, which tends to show how out of proportion this was blown. It always bugs me when reports don't include both sides of a story nor actual witnesses with names. (I read hours after the "incident" that she was thrown to the ground by her hair and then pummelled...) The only time charges aren't pressed is when they can be pressed on both sides.

If she seriously was only a victim, it is negligent of her not to press charges, thus leaving this guy unpunished to go batter someone else. Something doesn't add up.

I despise that this happened at all, and that it was blown so far out of proportion just to bring more negative attention on the White Sox and the fans. But something about the total scenario and especially the declination of criminal charges leads me to believe she may not have been an angel in this either. If the guy laid a finger on her, regardless, I hope he's banned for life, and this story really needs to go away.

woodenleg
10-26-2005, 01:33 AM
Umm....maybe she didn't file criminal charges because it wasn't 'battery'?

I mean, I thought we already surmised that. Now we're blaming the wife? On what grounds? Things get more distorted the more this threat goes on...

And yeah, it should really go away, shouldn't it? So why all of the posts? Let's respond to the facts, not smears on either side. If we can't do that (and there isn't much to go on here), the thing should just die.

maurice
10-26-2005, 03:47 PM
There comes a time when it's not a CHOICE whether or not to press charges, which tends to show how out of proportion this was blown.

Exactly. I mentioned in my previous post:
If the evidence showed that some tool verbally harrassed, struck, and pulled the hair of a woman at a WS game, . . . the filing of charges would not be up to the Biggios

- - -

I despise that this happened at all, and that it was blown so far out of proportion just to bring more negative attention on the White Sox and the fans.

I agree. Most significantly, even the alleged victim believes that it was blown out of proportion.

daveeym
10-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Sounds like a case of over exuberant drunk fan jumping around like an idiot, bumbing her in the back of the head and getting his hand entangled in her hair after he's berated her all night. Would piss me off too but it's hardly thuggish. I had some drunk kids in front of me at game 1 of the ALDS and it was the 21st birthday for one of them. Made total asses of themselves, kept falling down and spilling beer all over. One finally spilled his beer on this guys wife and he about pummelled the kid. Luckily the guy didn't do it, although he came close.