PDA

View Full Version : Sox to make an annoucement soon

Critque
12-13-2001, 10:29 AM
Belived to have gotten Todd Ritchie and a minor leaguer. I am not going to say who they say we are trading for them, because the names I heard it has to be a mistake. If Kenny Williams did this he will go up there with Krause, and Wirtz, as the most hated gm's in chicago.

Viva Magglio
12-13-2001, 10:31 AM
The names are Sean Lowe, Kip Wells, and Josh Fogg.

duke of dorwood
12-13-2001, 10:31 AM
He already is

harwar
12-13-2001, 10:35 AM
If K.W. trade Lowe,Wells & Fogg for ritchie,i'm going to hunt him down and kill him!

Critque
12-13-2001, 10:36 AM
You wrong Maggs. I was trying to keep people calm until it was true. This has to be a crock, no one can be this dumb! No one!

duke of dorwood
12-13-2001, 10:36 AM
:reinsy

Whee-thats 3 less salaries

Viva Magglio
12-13-2001, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Critque
You wrong Maggs. I was trying to keep people calm until it was true. This has to be a crock, no one can be this dumb! No one!

Don't put anything past a Chicago sports team's general manager.

Kilroy
12-13-2001, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Don't put anything past a Chicago sports team's general manager.

Going after starting pitching is a good plan, and Ritchie isn't a bad pick-up. But giving up Lowe is a big mistake.

Paulwny
12-13-2001, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Going after starting pitching is a good plan, and Ritchie isn't a bad pick-up. But giving up Lowe is a big mistake.

What did Lowe do that the org. is so pissed at him, is he a member of the KKK ?

Kilroy
12-13-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

What did Lowe do that the org. is so pissed at him, is he a member of the KKK ?

God only knows. Foulke was on the Score yesterday talking about the mood when Lowe was sent down last summer. He said that everyone was shocked.

Lowe delivered in every situation. Way too valuable to part with, I think...

cheeses_h_rice
12-13-2001, 10:52 AM
As far as usability goes, Lowe is way up there on this staff. Kip, as we all know, is "full of potential," so who knows what we're actually giving up in him. And Fogg? We hardly knew ye.

I hope this Ritchie kid is the next Pedro, that's fo' sho'.

:reinsy

He's my type of pitcher -- decent skills at bargain prices!

Paulwny
12-13-2001, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilroy

Lowe delivered in every situation. Way too valuable to part with, I think... [/QUOTE

I agree, if he goes and no Simas, middle relief and spot starts become a big question mark.

duke of dorwood
12-13-2001, 10:55 AM
There just seems to be players that Manual and Williams dont like. Sean is one of them. He's the most flexible, valuable guy in the pen.

:walk

They must love me.

Kilroy
12-13-2001, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilroy

Lowe delivered in every situation. Way too valuable to part with, I think... [/QUOTE

I agree, if he goes and no Simas, middle relief and spot starts become a big question mark.

Let me back-track a bit here and say that if Giles is in the deal, I will be more open to losing certain players. Also, theres rumor that the Sox would insist that the Pirates take Clayton in any deal, so that might also be a plus...

harwar
12-13-2001, 11:10 AM
I know what happened.Ritchie went on the DL in late july because of a strained lateral dorsi.K.W. figured he'd fit right in here.But seriously,Ritchie got off to a bad start last year but finished strong.He's just the kind of guy i was hoping we would get.But trading away Sean Lowe is a BIG MISTAKE!!!Lowe was one of the pitches that i took for granted was NOT going to be traded because he is so versitile and a damn good pitcher with a great attitude(unless hes' being f@cked with by management).He was also well liked and a leader among the young pitchers.Did i say trading Sean Lowe is a BIG MISTAKE!!!!!I think Ritchie will do well for us but trading away Sean Lowe is a BIG MISTAKE!!!

ma-gaga
12-13-2001, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Let me back-track a bit here and say that if Giles is in the deal, I will be more open to losing certain players. Also, theres rumor that the Sox would insist that the Pirates take Clayton in any deal, so that might also be a plus...

The Pirates would insist that the Sox take Meares then.

Clayton for Meares is a fair trade... :)