PDA

View Full Version : Where are the black jersies?

batmanZoSo
10-24-2005, 09:18 PM
We haven't worn them once in October. Why?

Do you know how bad*** our team would look winning it on the road in those? We were the pioneers of the black top, we have to wear them at least once. If they have already I sure don't remember it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but at the very least I can say they've neglected them badly. Which is surprising considering how often they wore them during the season.

NDSox12
10-24-2005, 09:27 PM
We haven't worn them once in October. Why?

Do you know how bad*** our team would look winning it on the road in those? We were the pioneers of the black top, we have to wear them at least once. If they have already I sure don't remember it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but at the very least I can say they've neglected them badly. Which is surprising considering how often they wore them during the season.

I think it comes down to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The Sox are yet to lose in the road grays, so I would be surprised to see anything different tomorrow.

Likewise, they wore the sleeveless vests at home until losing Game 1 of the ALCS and now it has been the regular home whites since. I wouldn't be surprised to see the black jerseys on Wednesday or Thursday if we happen to lose one. So hopefully it will be two more in gray!

scottyl
10-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Our grey uniform is the best!

If it ain't broke don't fix it...

batmanZoSo
10-24-2005, 09:55 PM
I wasn't aware the uniform had an effect on the outcome of the game. C'mon, have you been watching this team play the last three weeks? This is bigger than uniforms, baby. They could wear barrels with straps painted silver and black and still win. I just think they should sport the most intimdating uniform in MLB at least once.

goofymsfan
10-24-2005, 09:58 PM
I wasn't aware the uniform had an effect on the outcome of the game. C'mon, have you been watching this team play the last three weeks? This is bigger than uniforms, baby. They could wear barrels with straps painted silver and black and still win. I just think they should sport the most intimdating uniform in MLB at least once.

It's not so much that they have an effect on the outcome of the game is that they believe that it will have an effect on the out come of the game. Baseball players are very superstisous. They tend to go with what works when they are winning.

Banix12
10-24-2005, 11:30 PM
It's not so much that they have an effect on the outcome of the game is that they believe that it will have an effect on the out come of the game. Baseball players are very superstisous. They tend to go with what works when they are winning.

Yeah, I noticed all season that they tended to wear the same jersey throughout a winning streak. Early in the season they were wearing a lot of the alternate black and wearing very little of the cutoffs since they seemed to lose in games they wore the cutoffs. no real reason why, but it was just a weird coincidence. Their last few streaks seemed to be during when they wore the cutoffs.

No real rhyme or reason to it. it just works out that way.

NDSox12
10-24-2005, 11:30 PM

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just saying I would be surprised to see the team change since they have yet to lose a road playoff game.

Chips
10-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Wear the black, they look good. We are going to win game 3 because we're a better ****ing team.

Brian26
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I wasn't aware the uniform had an effect on the outcome of the game.

We haven't lost in the road greys since Sept. 27. I'm not saying they effect the outcome of the game, but I sure as hell don't want to find out. :cool:

flo-B-flo
10-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Them blacks are for the fans. Old school gray away and home pins are the order. In fact take the name off the home pins. I know who they are. I don't need the names.

MagicNumber22
10-25-2005, 12:20 AM
From what I've heard in the past, it's up to the starting pitcher what jerseys will be worn for that game. Maybe Jon will whip out the black for game three. As long as it's not that horrendous maroon that the 'Stros wear. Ugh.

A.T. Money
10-25-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm sick of the black ones. They wore them too damn much in the regular season.

Jurr
10-25-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm sick of the black ones. They wore them too damn much in the regular season.
My call is that they lose to Oswalt in the greys and then switch to black and win the last two.

Batman gets his wish. :bandance: :bandance:

TheOldRoman
10-25-2005, 12:51 AM
IMO, our road greys are the ABSOLUTE BEST jersey in all of sports. I love the black jerseys, but they way overdid them earlier in the year. I like them ditching the black for the playoffs just to even it out more. The blacks are our alternates, and I think they should be worn once or twice a week. Hopefully next year they will reduce the black to that status. It is a great jersey, but it gets really tiresome when it is overdone.
I hold the black jerseys in the same regard as throwbacks. While they are nice, they shouldn't be worn too often, and they shouldn't be worn in the playoffs.

TheOldRoman
10-25-2005, 12:53 AM
From what I've heard in the past, it's up to the starting pitcher what jerseys will be worn for that game. Maybe Jon will whip out the black for game three. As long as it's not that horrendous maroon that the 'Stros wear. Ugh.
I actually really like Houston's red alternate jerseys. The color is "brick" red, not maroon. They are nowhere near as awesome as the Sox' jerseys, but that doesn't make them bad. They can't all be as excellent as ours.

Craig Grebeck
10-25-2005, 01:01 AM
What's a jersie?

Jurr
10-25-2005, 01:02 AM
What's a jersie?
Ooohhh..how Kittle42. :rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
10-25-2005, 09:32 AM
http://www.chinese-starwars.com/starwarsepisode3/charactors/006vader001.jpg.

ajtokarz
10-25-2005, 09:53 AM
"When we're on the road, the name we wear on our chest says Chicago, not south side."-Ozzie Guillen.

That also has something to do with it. wouldn't you think?

34 Inch Stick
10-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Softball season is over. Stick with the grays...not that it matters.

Procol Harum
10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Gray--they look great and besides the black jerseys have been worn too much and as Old Roman points out should be relegated to alternate status as a once-a-week thing.

eriqjaffe
10-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah, let's let the Astros concentrate on trotting out every possible uniform combination they have while the Sox concentrate on winning ballgames.

InContention
10-25-2005, 12:51 PM
IMO, our road greys are the ABSOLUTE BEST jersey in all of sports. I love the black jerseys, but they way overdid them earlier in the year. I like them ditching the black for the playoffs just to even it out more. The blacks are our alternates, and I think they should be worn once or twice a week. Hopefully next year they will reduce the black to that status. It is a great jersey, but it gets really tiresome when it is overdone.
I hold the black jerseys in the same regard as throwbacks. While they are nice, they shouldn't be worn too often, and they shouldn't be worn in the playoffs.

Weren't they known as 'Sunday Black' jerseys at one point?

At any rate, I agree. The Bulls never wore their alternate blacks during the 2nd 3peat so the Sox should not bow to that trend either...

Hangar18
10-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Funny you should mention this, I thought about it too, and I have a Funny
feeling they'll wear the jerseys TONITE

tacosalbarojas
10-25-2005, 01:36 PM
We haven't lost in the road greys since Sept. 27. I'm not saying they effect the outcome of the game, but I sure as hell don't want to find out. :cool:No kidding. "Never **** with a winning streak."