PDA

View Full Version : Props for Pods - HOF thread

manders_01
10-24-2005, 06:18 PM
This is pretty cool. Stinks he wanted to use it again but I'm sure nothing can compare to being in the HOF.

"When Scott Podsednik was a Little Leaguer in West, Texas, he never could have imagined being part of a World Series in his home state, hitting the 14th walk-off home run in World Series history or having a direct link to the Baseball Hall of Fame. In one weekend, Podsednik hit all three objectives.
The bat used by Podsednik for his game-winning drive off closer Brad Lidge has been shipped to Cooperstown, despite Podsednik's request to use it again in Houston." whitesox.com

MarySwiss
10-24-2005, 06:34 PM
This is pretty cool. Stinks he wanted to use it again but I'm sure nothing can compare to being in the HOF.

"When Scott Podsednik was a Little Leaguer in West, Texas, he never could have imagined being part of a World Series in his home state, hitting the 14th walk-off home run in World Series history or having a direct link to the Baseball Hall of Fame. In one weekend, Podsednik hit all three objectives.
The bat used by Podsednik for his game-winning drive off closer Brad Lidge has been shipped to Cooperstown, despite Podsednik's request to use it again in Houston." whitesox.com

What, they couldn't wait a few days? Sheesh!

FielderJones
10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
What, they couldn't wait a few days? Sheesh!

It could be splinters by then.

When a golfer hits a hole-in-one, he doesn't tee that same ball up on the next hole.

slobes
10-24-2005, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't think they would just take it from him. The bat obviously has some importance to him now, how about you just let him keep it for a little while.

D. TODD
10-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I think they just mentioned that Pod's game winning home run ball was going to have a place in Cooperstown. That is great for Pods if this is true. One swing and he has not only a place in Sox history, but in the hallowed halls of baseball history.

Palehose13
10-24-2005, 07:10 PM
I think they just mentioned that Pod's game winning home run ball was going to have a place in Cooperstown. That is great for Pods if this is true. One swing and he has not only a place in Sox history, but in the hallowed halls of baseball history.

The ball and bat?

TheDarkGundam
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
(Insert Obligatory "I didn't see this posted anywhere else" message)

Podsednik's bat that was used to hit the homerun will be put in the hall of fame. They came to him and asked for it, and he donated it to them. It's amazing to think a bat is being given the same honor as a bloody sock.

D. TODD
10-24-2005, 10:49 PM
The ball and bat? I heard it while passing by my television in the hallway, it was not the ball, but the bat they were referring to. Sorry for the mistake, but it is still great for Pods.