PDA

View Full Version : White Sox 2005 DVD

JDub35
10-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Just wondering if you guys know anything about a possible dvd showing the "drive in 05." I found a 2005 World Series dvd selling for $20 on mlb.com, link below. I would really like to find one with the Boston and Angels series as well. Anyone have any idea?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2136228&cp=2059965.1195595&parentPage=family

tifosiv122
10-24-2005, 07:27 PM
I was thinking about this last night...doesn't Sports Ill. usually do some sort of 'Road to WS' DVD with subscription after the series? I never subsribe but if they give some good ChiSox stuff, I just might.

Erik

chisoxmike
10-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I dont know if I would buy that one. Its produced by MLB so it would have Astros and Sox coverage. I would bet that the Sox will put something out too.

MRKARNO
10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
MLB had something like a 10 disc set on top of the regular DVD for the Red Sox last year. It initially cost about 130 dollars. I would be that there will be plenty of demand for one this year as well.

chisoxfanatic
10-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Just wondering if you guys know anything about a possible dvd showing the "drive in 05." I found a 2005 World Series dvd selling for $20 on mlb.com, link below. I would really like to find one with the Boston and Angels series as well. Anyone have any idea?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2136228&cp=2059965.1195595&parentPage=family

Email Brooks Boyer!

supertwangreverb
10-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Someones gotta make one. Remember all the Bull's VHS tapes after each championship?

chisoxmike
10-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Someones gotta make one. Remember all the Bull's VHS tapes after each championship?

Yeah, actually a year ago they put out a DVD of the Bulls in the 90s. All those VHS tapes on the DVD and one game from each of the six finals championships.

BeefyD
10-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah, actually a year ago they put out a DVD of the Bulls in the 90s. All those VHS tapes on the DVD and one game from each of the six finals championships.

Yeah, that DVD set was very nice to get, so I can retire my VHS tapes. Plus the full games was a very nice touch.

The Red Sox DVD set is 12 DISCS!!! Here's an ebay link to one of them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Red-Sox-04-World-Series-Collectors-Ed-12-DISC_W0QQitemZ6443589134QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

I would be happy with a 4 disc set... Unless every full game from the 05 Sox playoffs are included... I'd pay $140 !!!

lizard6king6
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I am sure theyll make a complete DVD with all the WS games. I just cant wait!!! Well lets take 1 step at a time, lets win the WS first

Wsoxmike59
10-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Boy oh boy I am just salivating over the prospect of the White Sox doing something like that. (The entire post-season on DVD!!:tongue: )

But I also hope the Sox release a highlight DVD about the entire season 2005 season as well. With the wealth of footage from the local TV stations combined with the drama of the pennant race, that would be something I would love to throw in to the old DVD player on many a winter night during the long cold months during the off season.

krohnjw
10-25-2005, 09:36 AM
WOW! $130!!! I am taking each WS and ALCS game and putting it on 1 DVD for personal use (forgot to record the ALDS games :(: ). It was a bit of a pain to figure out how to get each game from 8Gb to 4.4 or so, but it was certainly worth it looking at that price tag :o:

Anyone actually watch the DVDs? Do they have extras (interviews/commentary) to justify the price?

edit: Switched ALDS and ALCS around.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2005, 11:18 AM
The MLB DVD says it's only about an hour long. Must just be the highlights.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
This will be a top-seller even if they just make the 5-minute montage at the beginning of the game the only item on the disc. But they have to add the faces and names along the side-boards, too.

I'd buy it.

daveeym
10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet in any of these threads but brian26 recently won a copy of the Red Sox 12 disc set from AM 1000. I'm sure he could tell us all what to expect.

IUPeterman
10-25-2005, 01:25 PM
I have tivo'd all the playoff games so far, and then when I get free time I transfer the games from Tivo to my DVD burner. It has worked out awesome. I can fit pregame, the game and post game all on 1 DVD, so each game has it's own disc. I live in Las Vegas area, and when I flew in for world series game 1, I had all the games to watch on the plane ride. When I flew back on Sunday, I had a group of fans huddled around my portable player watching past ALCS games!! It was awesome. :D:

BainesHOF
10-25-2005, 01:29 PM
For anyone making DVDs, I'd recommend NOT putting everything from one game on one DVD. It compromises the quality of the picture. I just bought a copy of the one of the playoff games on one DVD, and the picture quality is lower than the original broadcast. With blank DVDs so cheap these days, it makes sense to put only two hours on each disc to preserve the best picture quality.

mattcoz
10-25-2005, 01:41 PM
I found a 2005 World Series dvd selling for $20 on mlb.com, link below. I would really like to find one with the Boston and Angels series as well.This DVD captures the highlights of the 2005 World Series - from Playoff Game 1 right though to the World Series Championship.
Sounds to me like it would have highlights of the other series as well.

Brian26
10-25-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet in any of these threads but brian26 recently won a copy of the Red Sox 12 disc set from AM 1000. I'm sure he could tell us all what to expect.

I honestly haven't had time to watch it yet since I've been so wrapped up in what's going on with our team this season. It has 11 or 12 discs...with each game on a separate disc. There are the 7 ALCS games and the 4 World Series games, and there might be an extra disc with season highlights or extras (I don't have it near me right now.)

I'm hoping that MLB will put something out like this for the Sox with every single playoff game (even the ALDS). The single-disc release they are selling on the MLB website will probably not have what we're looking for...which would be essentially every pitch during the postseason for the Sox.

tacosalbarojas
10-25-2005, 01:51 PM
The single-disc release they are selling on the MLB website will probably not have what we're looking for...which would be essentially every pitch during the postseason for the Sox.That's why I'm taping every second of the postseason, brian. Because I know better than to depend on MLB to come through with something like that for us. Maybe they will, but I ain't counting on it.

Fuller_Schettman
10-25-2005, 02:01 PM
For anyone making DVDs, I'd recommend NOT putting everything from one game on one DVD. It compromises the quality of the picture. I just bought a copy of the one of the playoff games on one DVD, and the picture quality is lower than the original broadcast. With blank DVDs so cheap these days, it makes sense to put only two hours on each disc to preserve the best picture quality.

I have actually had decent success getting everything on 1 DVD. I record all baseball games at a bitrate of 3.6 and I can get about 2:40 on a single DVD. But recording the HD feed I think helps the picture quality, because it looks great! I have to cut much of the pregame but I am able to fit the postgame plus the BT guys at the end.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-27-2005, 04:39 AM
http://shop.mlb.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&stillHaveQuestion=yes

Please write to MLB and request a date when the Box Set for all Playoff Games will be offered (hopefully before Christmas).

Thousands of White Sox fans will want the ultimate collectible - The 2005 White Sox Post Season Box Set.

Please Sell MLB Sell

We will Buy!!!

BainesHOF
10-27-2005, 06:17 AM
I have actually had decent success getting everything on 1 DVD. I record all baseball games at a bitrate of 3.6 and I can get about 2:40 on a single DVD. But recording the HD feed I think helps the picture quality, because it looks great! I have to cut much of the pregame but I am able to fit the postgame plus the BT guys at the end.

I'm not saying it doesn't look pretty good on one disc, but if you're going through the trouble of saving on DVD, why wouldn't you go for the best picture quality?

donkeylips
10-27-2005, 09:24 AM
What as that Red Sox DVD with Dennis Leary doing commentary?

That would be great to get one with the White Sox. Who would you pick for the commentary?

Daley?
Hawk?
Mac?

Huisj
10-27-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm sure they'll come out with a season review package of some sort. Heck, I remember getting a VHS season review of the '93 season when they just went to the playoffs and lost in 6 to Toronto. If they can make one for that, they'll make one for this.

Best thing about that video: all playoff highlights had Rooney's voice over them instead of the tv voices.