PDA

View Full Version : Worst, pissiest WS column from a columnist with a very appropriate last name

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Peter Schmuck (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.schmuck24oct24,1,4611698.column?coll=bal-sports-columnists)? Yeah, that fits, after reading this POS.

CaptainBallz
10-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh, where have the last two minutes of my life gone?....

Seriously, what a blubbering fool!

:angry:

Baby Fisk
10-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Blah blah blah boo hoo Baltimore still sucks.

If this was Texas vs San Diego, we'd prolly be as uninterested in the WS as this, er, schmuck.

Iwritecode
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I wonder if he wants a little cheese to go with that whine...

:whiner:

Uncle_Patrick
10-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Sour grapes. I mean, really, I guess you can complain about anything if you want to, as this article proves. Ok, a World Series is only good if its located in the right area, has "mythic figures", and the right kind of "historical significance"? Let's just add "celebrity fans" to that stupid list. This is just as dumb as the people who say that the White Sox aren't popular enough to deserve a World Series.

FarWestChicago
10-24-2005, 04:03 PM
I say cut the schmuck some slack. He just suffered through a season of Sham-ME. :redneck

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I say cut the schmuck some slack. He just suffered through a season of Sham-ME. :redneck

I can understand taking that out on the north siders, but the Sox? Pfft.

:redneck

samram
10-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I mean, who really cares about good pitching anyway?

That's the approach the O's took and look how well that worked out- fourth place. Great baseball analysis. This loser should be thanking his lucky stars that his degree in journalism from Gaithersburg JuCo has somehow allowed him to watch World Series games for free. Instead he decides to criticize this Series on the basis that there aren't enough players in this WS on 'roids, or that the teams have good pitching.:?:

Chisox003
10-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll gladly cut him some slack after going through 6 months of that freak show, not to mention Raffy "Period" Palmiero and yet another losing season. He's bitter, who wouldn't be?

But honestly, how are jackasses like this considered "professional" writers?

Whatever .... We're up 2-0 in the World Series .... Write away schmucks!

eriqjaffe
10-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Ok, a World Series is only good if its . . . has "mythic figures"?Yeah, you know, like those Legendary World Series heroes Miguel Tejada, Sammy Sosa and Rafael Palmeiro!

PatK
10-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Judging by his pictures, if he took you up on that offer, there would be a national shortage.

Iwritecode
10-24-2005, 04:31 PM
That's the approach the O's took and look how well that worked out- fourth place. Great baseball analysis. This loser should be thanking his lucky stars that his degree in journalism from Gaithersburg JuCo has somehow allowed him to watch World Series games for free. Instead he decides to criticize this Series on the basis that there aren't enough players in this WS on 'roids, or that the teams have good pitching.:?:

That's funny because the Red Sox had some pretty dominant pitching last year as well. 03 Marlins? good pitching. 01 D-Backs? Outstanding pitching.

Even the Yankees didn't win all those rings in the 90's with a bunch of schmuck's on the mound... :rolleyes:

fquaye149
10-24-2005, 04:31 PM
He's entitled to his opinons, but for him to imply that JR's friendship with Schott is out of some Nazi sympathising is reprehensible.

barf barf barf...

Honestly, how can you be that stupid.

antitwins13
10-24-2005, 04:35 PM
yeah, it's a week article, but I have surprisingly stopped caring about these articles now that we're up 2-0 in the World Series.

Flight #24
10-24-2005, 04:43 PM
He's entitled to his opinons, but for him to imply that JR's friendship with Schott is out of some Nazi sympathising is reprehensible.

barf barf barf...

Honestly, how can you be that stupid.

Yeah, especially since Reinsdorf is....Jewish. He even went out of his way to make sure Moronotti didn't get away with insinuating he was at the park on Yom Kippur.

Allow me to paraphrase the article: "I'm one of the morons who prefers HR derby to an actual game of skill, therefore this is boring to me and I'm going to bitch about it. Here I go......."

SSN721
10-24-2005, 04:55 PM
I dont think a guy from Baltimore has any right to rip on the city of Houston and especiall the City of Chicago. WHat is he smoking? Yeah, Baltimore is definitely World Class. :rolleyes:

Argalarga
10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
The JR/Schott/Hitler thing is idiotic. One of the dumbest things I've seen in all of the MLB playoffs coverage. What editor lets a writer get away with that?

Chisox353014
10-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah, especially since Reinsdorf is....Jewish. He even went out of his way to make sure Moronotti didn't get away with insinuating he was at the park on Yom Kippur.

Allow me to paraphrase the article: "I'm one of the morons who prefers HR derby to an actual game of skill, therefore this is boring to me and I'm going to bitch about it. Here I go......."

Let me paraphrase it even furthur: "Hi, I'm Peter Schmuck. Watch me jam my head up my own rear end." :D:

Daver
10-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Cheeses, I want my two minutes back.

Mr. White Sox
10-24-2005, 05:49 PM
This is about all I got from the article:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/columnist/2005-09/13597984.jpg = http://box-family.com/images/website/whaambulance.jpg

SoxSpeed22
10-24-2005, 06:04 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/columnist/2005-09/13597984.jpg = http://box-family.com/images/website/whaambulance.jpgLMFAO!:roflmao::rolling::roflmao:: rolling::roflmao:

JohnBasedowYoda
10-24-2005, 06:07 PM

or another order of french CRIES!!!! harharhar
:redneck

ATXBMX
10-24-2005, 06:18 PM
What did a quilter ever do to him?

Kevin
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok, I can't believe no one has brought this up. It's not common knowledge to most people outside of the journalism world...but...goes who owns the Baltimore Sun? I don't need to respond because you won't be wrong.

Daver
10-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Ok, I can't believe no one has brought this up. It's not common knowledge to most people outside of the journalism world...but...goes who owns the Baltimore Sun? I don't need to respond because you won't be wrong.

I knew that the Sun was owned by the Tribune Co.

MarySwiss
10-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I dont think a guy from Baltimore has any right to rip on the city of Houston and especiall the City of Chicago. WHat is he smoking? Yeah, Baltimore is definitely World Class. :rolleyes:

My first thought, too. So, clown, how exciting do you think a Baltimore vs. (fill in the blank wth an NL team) would have been?

StrTrkker
10-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Heck...

He probably thinks the Montreal Expos is still around.

veeter
10-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I always get a kick out of writers' by line pictures. They're always in some, "I'm so smart pose". The guy's last name says it all.

PaulDrake
10-25-2005, 11:52 AM
He didn't appreciate my email.

jackbrohamer
10-25-2005, 12:14 PM
He didn't appreciate my email.

Don't worry about it I hear the guy's a schmuck. Who obviously hates baseball.

Of course, the Cub Times decided to publish an excerpt from the column today. Look for the Cubune to publish the whole thing before the week's over.

Dan Mega
10-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Another moron is preaching the same thing now:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/chris_mannix/10/25/scorecard.daily/index.html

voodoochile
10-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Let me paraphrase it even furthur: "Hi, I'm Peter Schmuck. Watch me jam my head up my own rear end." :D:

That would imply he actually had it out of there before he wrote the column. I highly doubt that is the case.

And I agree, it was a waste of my time. After the Hitler crack, I skipped to the end where for some reason he threw in a crack about the quilting festival as if that somehow denigrates the Series.:?:

Me thinks that this is the real reason Dick Dick wrote the column, because he couldn't get a hotel room downtown and obviously Dick Dick is a man of such great importance that denying him a room in downtown Houston means the World Series sucks...:rolleyes:

Iwritecode
10-25-2005, 12:51 PM
The Boston Red Sox had "idiots".

We must be "nobodies" because nobody cares...

voodoochile
10-25-2005, 12:52 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/chris_mannix/10/25/scorecard.daily/index.html

Another freaking idiot. So sorry that you don't care about our teams... No wait... I'm not... I really don't give a rat's ass about you either...

credefan24
10-25-2005, 01:22 PM
How dare we fly our 1919 American League Pennant at Sox Park! Some nerve, huh?!

maurice
10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/columnist/2005-09/13597984.jpg
LMAO at this picture. He's showing you where his "schmuck" is located (using the literal Yiddish meaning of the word).

Chisox353014
10-25-2005, 03:12 PM

Wow, he cares so little about this series that he writes a column published on a national website to tell everyone about it. :rolleyes: And here I thought Cub fans didn't care about the Sox. Or maybe he's just one of those twits who think that MLB consists of the Skanks and Blowsox. Drillrod.

slavko
10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/columnist/2005-09/13597984.jpg
LMAO at this picture. He's showing you where his "schmuck" is located (using the literal Yiddish meaning of the word).

Schmuck, derived from the German word Schmuck, meaning JEWEL.
Alternate Yiddish word Putz, derived from the German word Putz, meaning JEWEL.
See the pattern?

doctorlecter
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
This guy wants a good old fashioned 12-10 four-hour monstrosity?