PDA

View Full Version : Capacity vs. Attendance

BRDSR
10-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Something I've been wondering during these first two games:

There is another thread about somebody's brother getting SRO tickets to yesterday's game. He kinda got pooh-poohed, people saying that no SROs were sold.

But, on the White Sox site the capacity of the stadium is listed at 40,615. Attendance figures for yesterdays game were 41,432. Where did the extra 800+ people come from? They're not counting members of the media are they? I mean, that number is the number of people who bought tickets. It's the paid attendance.

For what its worth, other playoff games have clocked in at over 40,615. But that doesn't answer my question. Where are these extra people sitting?

Chicken Dinner
10-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Didn't ya see how full Reinsdorfs private suite was?

wdelaney72
10-24-2005, 03:41 PM
:DJ "Uh-oh, another attendance thread bound for the Roadhouse!"

Seriously,
They've added some "auxiliary" seating. There's an additional front row for the lower bowl, which you can see because they're actual chairs and not permanent seats. Also, they added plexiglass to the LL wall.

I would also imagine they allowed for more people to jam into the skyboxes, as well.

ChiFabulous1
10-24-2005, 03:41 PM
I believe the added seats down the base lines. The attendance might also include the tickets they sell to the bullpen sportsbar.

itsnotrequired
10-24-2005, 03:43 PM
My understanding is that the tickets the Sox give away during the regular season don't count towards attendance. Seeing as how MLB basically siezes all the available tickets, I'm guessing those "discretionary" tickets now count as sold.

But what do I know...

LauraJ14
10-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Something I've been wondering during these first two games:

There is another thread about somebody's brother getting SRO tickets to yesterday's game. He kinda got pooh-poohed, people saying that no SROs were sold.

But, on the White Sox site the capacity of the stadium is listed at 40,615. Attendance figures for yesterdays game were 41,432. Where did the extra 800+ people come from? They're not counting members of the media are they? I mean, that number is the number of people who bought tickets. It's the paid attendance.

For what its worth, other playoff games have clocked in at over 40,615. But that doesn't answer my question. Where are these extra people sitting?

They were selling tickets for the fan deck and bullpen sports bar also.