PDA

View Full Version : More Media tripe?

StockdaleForVeep
10-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Listening to the score today and i sorta recalled something they touched on. When they had the story of contreras' brother "humberto" who was on horseback to a shack to be able to listen to the game.

Curses and horseback ridings now eh?

Also, score made a good comment, castro was more than likely watching the game, wouldnt that announcement have castro sendin a good squad to this shack?

itsnotrequired
10-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Listening to the score today and i sorta recalled something they touched on. When they had the story of contreras' brother "humberto" who was on horseback to a shack to be able to listen to the game.

Curses and horseback ridings now eh?

Also, score made a good comment, castro was more than likely watching the game, wouldnt that announcement have castro sendin a good squad to this shack?

Castro?:?:

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2005, 03:35 PM

You know, the President of Cuba. Where Jose's brother lives.

itsnotrequired
10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
You know, the President of Cuba.

Never heard of him.

I smell Roadhouse...

SOXPHILE
10-24-2005, 03:39 PM

Old guy, big beard, smokes a cigar, likes to wear a military outfit. Tends to lean towards Communism and Marxism in his politics....

PatK
10-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I heard the only way they can listen to a game is via shortwave radio, and that it is illegal to speak of Jose Contreras.

Man Soo Lee
10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Myers' report came straight from this (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051021contreras,1,5774398.story?ctrack=1&cset=true) Trib story.

eriqjaffe
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Castro?:?:Yeah, you know. He was a pitcher that washed out with the Senators back in the late 50's. Went into politics after that.

Half Cocked Jack
10-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Contreras and Hernandez are heroes for defying Castro and his oppressive regime. Two symbols of the American dream, right there. How about the CIA smuggling some White Sox stuff in to Cuba? Someone contact the State Department! :D:

SweetnesSox
10-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Contreras and Hernandez are heroes for defying Castro and his oppressive regime. Two symbols of the American dream, right there. How about the CIA smuggling some White Sox stuff in to Cuba? Someone contact the State Department! :D:

heroes? I'm pretty sure they just wanted to get the hell out of Cuba to make some money... Let's all remember that Contreras left his wife and children in Cuba to come to America. I'm glad everything worked out, but I'm not sure he should be called a hero... just my opinion!

oldcomiskey
10-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Old guy, big beard, smokes a cigar, likes to wear a military outfit. Tends to lean towards Communism and Marxism in his politics....
failed a tryout with the Washington Senators, boy he must have sucked at pitching..had JFK killed.....was......oh nevermind.

FielderJones
10-24-2005, 07:11 PM
failed a tryout with the Washington Senators

Nope (http://www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/castro.asp)