PDA

View Full Version : Vin Scully should do the Series

ramblermgr9599
10-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Vin Scully should be doing the World Series! He would actually study the players and know about them. The Fox guys don't haev any clue about the players.

ode to veeck
10-24-2005, 02:15 PM
while the Fox guys totally suck, so does Vin Scully, take it to what's the score!

where's balckjacj McDowell when we need him (in the booth!)

Chicken Dinner
10-24-2005, 02:17 PM
I hate Vin Scully!!

diamonddon59
10-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Mute the TV and check out John Rooney on the radio. He's rockin'the airwaves!!!

fquaye149
10-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Vin Scully is a radio guy. It's unlikely he would even WANT to do TV.

And as far as radio goes, he's an upgrade over Rooney...sure. But I want to hear Rooney calling my game

Stoky44
10-24-2005, 02:45 PM

And as far as radio goes, he's an upgrade over Rooney...sure. But I want to hear Rooney calling my game

Scully is actually more of a TV guy. The first 3 innings he does both TV and radio, while the remainder of the game he does TV only. Scully is a Hall of Famer, how can you pass that up. I heard Scully used to call awesome WS games.

DenverSock
10-24-2005, 02:46 PM

Vin Scully has done both radio and TV for the Dodgers for years. Often simultaneously. He has done some national gigs going back to "Game of the Week" on NBC. Little understated for my taste. I still miss Kubek and Garagiola. Yes I Know, they hated each others guts. They remained professional for the most part. BTW, for us not in Chicago, we don't have the Rooney option.

fquaye149
10-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Scully is actually more of a TV guy. The first 3 innings he does both TV and radio, while the remainder of the game he does TV only. Scully is a Hall of Famer, how can you pass that up. I heard Scully used to call awesome WS games.

:redface: oops - I really dropped the ball on this one.

Nevertheless, it doesn't seem likely, does it...

WhiteSox1983
10-24-2005, 03:10 PM
I live near los angeles now, so i have watched some dodger games on tv,or heard them on the radio. Vin is THE BEST announcer in baseball hands down. Cannot get better than him.

shes
10-24-2005, 05:50 PM
A Hall-of-Famer who's generally regarding as the best in the game? Nah, makes too much sense. How about Jack Buck's son and that guy no one likes, the one Deion Sanders almost beat the crap out of. Yeah, let's do that instead.

AZChiSoxFan
10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Vin Scully has done both radio and TV for the Dodgers for years. Often simultaneously. He has done some national gigs going back to "Game of the Week" on NBC. Little understated for my taste. I still miss Kubek and Garagiola. Yes I Know, they hated each others guts. They remained professional for the most part. BTW, for us not in Chicago, we don't have the Rooney option.

Actually we do. XM Radio.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I live near los angeles now, so i have watched some dodger games on tv,or heard them on the radio. Vin is THE BEST announcer in baseball hands down. Cannot get better than him.

Vin is one of the best ever. I can't believe people bashed him. Sometimes I listen / watch Dodger games just to hear him. I may be doing it next year for Cardinal games to listen to Rooney.

Lip Man 1
10-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Vin Scully will go down as one of the best play by play guys in the history of baseball. That being said he's in his mid 70's now and listening to him this year for the first time in a few years I was shocked by how he sounded. The voice isn't what it used to be, it's weak sounding and the pauses don't sound contrived.

Age is a bitch.

Lip

Stoky44
10-24-2005, 07:09 PM
I may be doing it next year for Cardinal games to listen to Rooney.

Rooney going to St. Louis? Is this a fact, opinion, or are they close to a deal?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Rooney going to St. Louis? Is this a fact, opinion, or are they close to a deal?

It's a guess. Nobody knows for certain. There have been several threads about it.

TDog
10-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Vin Scully will go down as one of the best play by play guys in the history of baseball. That being said he's in his mid 70's now and listening to him this year for the first time in a few years I was shocked by how he sounded. The voice isn't what it used to be, it's weak sounding and the pauses don't sound contrived.

Age is a bitch.

Lip

You're probably right. I would love to hear Vin Scully call games, but when I think of Vin Scully, I'm thinking of the Vin Scully I used to hear in the 1980s, doing the World Series on NBC, doing Dodgers games and pushing Farmer John's hot dogs. The sound of his voice for baseball. Groucho Marx before he died joked with an interviewer that he might leave his money to Vin Scully because of all the joy Scully had brought him over the years.

But that was 30 years ago.

ChiSoxRowand
10-25-2005, 01:42 AM
It's a guess. Nobody knows for certain. There have been several threads about it.

If they do get Rooney we should go after Mike Shannon.

eriqjaffe
10-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Vin Scully = True Talent

Of course, at his age, there's no way he'd do the WS. IIRC, he doesn't even do Dodgers road games any more.

Clembasbal
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
I am sorry to say this, but as much as I hate the Fox accouncers...I seem to be longer for somebody other than them. Even Bob "The king of cliches" Costas has crossed my mind. I even think he can do better than these morons.

AZChiSoxFan
10-25-2005, 02:00 PM
If they do get Rooney we should go after Mike Shannon.

Please, lay off the

:bong: