PDA

View Full Version : More News

Critque
12-13-2001, 07:03 AM
Good Morning ladies and gents. Good to be back. Well I got a some more news on the sox pursuit of Giles. Well it looks like Giles has a claus in his contract where it list 6 teams that he would want to be traded to. Guess who not on that list. Not only the fact that it may cost us Buerle and Lee (not to mention some quality minors leaguers), but there might have to be a hefty buy out to get him. I'm sorry I don't know about you, but if it takes all that.... Mr Giles can kiss my big black hairy A**. Hopefully Kenny tells him the same thing. But you never know KW has to break out of this terrible slump that he is in sooner or later. Somebody get that man a rabbits foot! Is there any other guys out there that you guys can think of. I remember last year there was talk of Bobby Abreu of the Phillies. What do you guys or gals think? Get back at me

MJK
12-13-2001, 07:38 AM
The thing i don't get is that rumour has it that the A's would deal dye and a prospect for giles, yet we have to give up a truck load more. Now i know it's just a rumour but there must be a bit of credibility. i also think the pirates will see how much we almost gave for erstad and wil demand so much more because giles is a betterl player.

MJK

Critque
12-13-2001, 07:45 AM
MJ,

Dye is a much more proven player then Lee or Buerle. They are still being graded on potential. Dye is a much more dependalbe player. He is a good defensive player and has a mean bat. That much more then you can say about Lee. But also the A's are not on that list either. SO it's a case of who is willing to maybe pay that buyout. I hopping that the Angels rethink there decision on Erstad. For the GM to do all that work and then the president to reject it has to piss him off a bit. Eratad will come a lot cheaper then Giles, and he is a much better defensive player that can play mutiple postion in the OF.